righteousness

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
very well i tried to explain my point but for some odd reason you have to be the one who is correct. i rest my case i have NOTHING ELSE TO POST on matter :confused:

The answer is Jesus Christ...who is our sufficiency. His grace is sufficient for all that pertains to life and victory in this world.

I would think you should be overjoyed about this.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Those who say that Christians will live 100% sinless
if we was that perfect we no longer need jesus and romans 12:1-2 and galatians 2:20 would have be marked out

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if we was that perfect we no longer need jesus and romans 12:1-2 and galatians 2:20 would have be marked out

Perfection is to enter into Him...He who knew no sin. We take on His perfected humanity IN HIM. But people can't see the "in Him"...so they keep looking to themselves and say it's impossible.

With God ALL things are possible. Again...who believes that?

All the promises of God in the NT have one proviso...that we must first enter into Christ. But what I don't see is people acknowledging the truth.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A good spy who has tasted the power of grace in the promised land of His love will tell you that we can have victory in Christ.

That would be Jesus Himself, who has come from heaven, to teach us of heavenly things.

Of course, all of us who have received from God His salvation have indeed tasted the power of His grace and His love.

Aside from Him, we don't need someone to tell us what they think because they've seen something, or experienced something, and now have formed opinions based on subjective perceptions of their experience.

We know for a fact that Peter witnessed the glory of Jesus, and the voice of God approving Him. This is Scripture, we know this actually happened.

Yet even still, Peter, Christ's Own Apostle, wrote, "we have a more certain word of prophecy". You would do well to heed that.

If Peter holds Scripture superior to his own seeing of Jesus' in glory and power, attested to by the Father, well, I think that says it all.

And if we stay with the Scriptures, we can avoid any number of errors.

Much love!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection is to enter into Him...He who knew no sin. We take on His perfected humanity IN HIM. But people can't see the "in Him"...so they keep looking to themselves and say it's impossible.

With God ALL things are possible. Again...who believes that?

All the promises of God in the NT have one proviso...that we must first enter into Christ. But what I don't see is people acknowledging the truth.
is there any more reproof you need to ad ? might i add i covered abiding IN HIM

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i blew up in the pulpit at a fierce adversary. she had a jezebel spirit and i lost my cool after several interruptions. so yes each one of us are a work in progress and it never ends

Oh now, it's a rare treasure to be heckled in the pulpit! But not rare enough!

Much love!

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
is there any more reproof you need to ad ? might i add i covered abiding IN HIM

That is not the same as being led by the Spirit but abiding still in the flesh. Only when someone is FILLED with the Spirit (and overflowing with grace) is there no more room for sin.

Otherwise the dark corners of the un-crucified soul will manifest themselves at the wrong times.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh now, it's a rare treasure to be heckled in the pulpit! But not rare enough!
no actually there should be respect from the pulpit . in this case she had told me i couldn't administer communion . i had to set her straight she wanted to run the church .i ended up leaving to this day the church is dead

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only God could save that jailor from being put to death because the prisoners were no longer in their cells. The jailor understandably feared for his life. Not just for himself but also his whole family.

But God would protect Him since the jailbreak was orchestrated by God Himself. :)
You're thinking "saved" here means "saved from their Roman superiors"?

How can I be saved . . . from execution?

Let's look at the passage:

Acts 16
27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleep, and seeing the prison doors open, he drew out his sword, and would have killed himself, supposing that the prisoners had been fled.
28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Do thyself no harm: for we are all here.
29 Then he called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell down before Paul and Silas,
30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I do to be saved?
31 And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house.
32 And they spake unto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.
33 And he took them the same hour of the night, and washed their stripes; and was baptized, he and all his, straightway.
34 And when he had brought them into his house, he set meat before them, and rejoiced, believing in God with all his house.

The jailor brought them out. His issue with escaped prisoners was addressed. The jailer saw for himself the prisoners were still in their cells. Obviously all this captured his attention, as he asked, what must I do to be saved?

Believe, came the answer. Believe that all the prisoners are still here . . . no. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

And he rejoiced, believing in God, and all his household.

Compare the reading of the passage, to . . .

Only God could save that jailor from being put to death because the prisoners were no longer in their cells. The jailor understandably feared for his life. Not just for himself but also his whole family.

Let the read draw such conclusions as they may . . .

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not the same as being led by the Spirit but abiding still in the flesh. Only when someone is FILLED with the Spirit (and overflowing with grace) is there no more room for sin.

Otherwise the dark corners of the un-crucified soul will manifest themselves at the wrong times.
if you say
when someone is FILLED with the Spirit (and overflowing with grace) is there no more room for sin.
filling is a ongoing process .you cant run forever on one tank gas they call it renewing our mind romans 12:2

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
if you say filling is a ongoing process .you cant run forever on one tank gas they call it renewing our mind romans 12:2

Jesus said that rivers of living water would flow out of people. The gas tank idea works however for they who are not abiding. You only need a gas tank when you are leaving the station. Jesus Christ IS the filling station.

There is a keeping power of God whereby one is always filled...and even overflowing.

And there is a proximity to God whereby we are given of His Spirit...into a leaky vessel. Just like manna in the wilderness. We need to go back daily for this level of grace.

But fulness of grace also exists in Him.

So then it is easy to walk in Him...but very difficult to follow after Him. However getting into the easy walk is very hard...and the hard walk is very easy to get to.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said that rivers of living water would flow out of people. The gas tank idea works however for they who are not abiding.

There is a keeping power of God whereby one is always filled...and even overflowing.

And there is a proximity to God whereby we are given of His Spirit...into a leaky vessel. Just like manna in the wilderness. We need to go back daily for this level of grace.

But fullness of grace also exists in Him.

So then it is easy to walk in Him...but very difficult to follow after Him. However getting into the easy walk is very hard...and the hard walk is very easy to get to.
very well paul wrote it best workout your own salvation with fear and trembling . i just simply can not agree

Last edited:
Reactions: Episkopos

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
no actually there should be respect from the pulpit . in this case she had told me i couldn't administer communion . i had to set her straight she wanted to run the church .i ended up leaving to this day the church is dead
Sorry, was meaning to be sarcastic! Yet another funny-fail!!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry, was meaning to be sarcastic! Yet another funny-fail!!
its all good sad thing in the beginning everyone was onboard i even hada agnostic coming .it was the oldest church in town needed some repair that was being done... after i blew it opened the door for flesh and it fell off. a notch in the belt of whatnot to do