Roe V. Wade

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I think the question concerning that passage is whether "any mischief" includes the death or injury of mother only, or if child is included as well.

Much love!

This passage is so vague, that is doesn't serve as a proof text. Translators have fumbled around with it, trying to make some sense of it, with various interpretations:
- the infant is born prematurely
- she loses the fruit of her womb
- she has a miscarriage
It is not clear whether or not the fetus remains living or dies. Big spread there.

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You deny that life begins at conception?
No, it probably started when I contributed live sperm to the process. Roman Catholic manufactured laws say that to even spill sperm without intent to procreate is murder.

And when a sperm and egg unite, they are the beginning of the process to create a human being, but they have a long way to go before a living human being is created. And as with Adam, God did not breath into him the breath of life until He was finished with the job. He didn't breath the breath of life into Adam, while He was still waiting to stick on an arm or leg. He didn't do it until the job was finished.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, it probably started when I contributed live sperm to the process. Roman Catholic manufactured laws say that to even spill sperm without intent to procreate is murder.

And when a sperm and egg unite, they are the beginning of the process to create a human being, but they have a long way to go before a living human being is created. And as with Adam, God did not breath into him the breath of life until He was finished with the job. He didn't breath the breath of life into Adam, while He was still waiting to stick on an arm or leg. He didn't do it until the job was finished.
Man you are walking on a cliff. I am not quite sure why you support abortion. I don’t understand it. It is an evil practice. Seems like God would give you some conviction with that. But whatever. Believe what you want.

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it seems like you are proceeding with the God complex that led to Original Sin

I already stated that I myself would not allow my child to be aborted.

But Where’s the connection to Psalm 82:1?

“A Psalm of Asaph. God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.” (Psalms 82:1)

God did X so that makes it right for me to do'

No, I do not make this conclusion generally.

But:

“All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works.” (2 Timothy 3:16-17)

Our children are not our clay to do our will but His clay and His Will.

Amen! No argument here.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aborted would be the correct translation. According to Strong's Concordance the Hebrew word used, (han·na·p¯el) Strong's 5309: Something fallen, an abortion

As far as scripture against abortion. First, no Scripture supports abortion. Not one. Did God strike some? Yes but that is GOD and you most certainly are not.

Scripture says very little about abortion, because it has very little importance in God's view. The fact that Scripture demands an abortion in the instance of an adultress pregnant woman, confirms that it is not a sin. God's Law focuses upon declaring that which is sinful and unacceptable to God, but nowhere in all of Scripture God even bother to mention it as being against His law. He performs abortions, often referred to as miscarriages. all the time. I know people that have had miscarriages.

Exodus 21:22-23 - penalties against those who kill the unborn.

"When people who are fighting injure a pregnant woman so that she has a miscarriage but no other injury occurs, then the guilty party will be fined what the woman’s husband demands, as negotiated with the judges, he shall surely be fined as the woman’s husband demands and as the court allows. But if a serious injury results, then you must require a life for a life—"

Yeh, if someone causes an abortion, then he has to pay a fine. But if serious injury results . . . ie abortion is not even considered a serious injury, just an inconvenience for which he must pay a fine.

Psalm 139:13 - We are a person before we are born. It IS a living being. You claim that it is not which just ignores science.

13For it was You who created my inward parts;n
You knit me together in my mother’s womb.

Yeh, he was a knitting job in progress.

When in your view does a "fetus" become a "living being"?

The Bible is rather clear on that:
"Then the Lord God formed man of dust from the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;and man became a living being." Gen 2:7 That's not all that difficult to understand. Even I can understand it. God is obviously not going to breath the breath of life into nostrils that don't yet exist, and if they did it's not going to work all that well with nostrils soaking in a bag of amniotic fluid.

Nevertheless, the human body is not all that important in God's plan. It is just a pile of dirt, and it is sustained throughout it's life with dirt. Everything we eat to sustain the body comes from dirt. And it dies,"then the dirt will return to the earth as it was". But the spirit will return to God who gave it. Ecclesiastes 12:7

The essence of who we are, is our spirit, which God places within us when He breathes life into our body us when we are born, and then takes it back again when we die.

So what really happens in an abortion? Since the fetus has never been born, it is not a living being. Before we are even born, God already has us, our spirit which comes from Him, ready to enter a body on earth. The fact that the anticipated body was disposed of via abortion makes no difference. It does not destroy the spirit. In the absence of an appropriate body, our spirit stays with God until appropriate accomodation is found for our spirit. And then at the end of life, while our body returns to dust we/our "spirit retuns to God who gave it." Eccl 12:7
Idiocy abounds. First with regard to the word in Ecc 6.3 it is talking about a miscarriage, not the murder of a child. Big difference. Learn exegesis please.

It's not an abortion. The serious injury is if the child is dead. You are so full of twistedness it is not even funny.

You can't use Adam as he is fundamentally different from all other Humans except Eve.

So in your view it is ok to murder the child all the way to the point of birth? Because with your logic that is what is required. As long as that child has not taken a breath it is ok to kill it? You are a monster.

And yes, the Bible does speak to it, it says thou shall not kill. If the human body wasn't important, the body would not be resurrected. Your theology is off base. You are overtaken by the devil.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And when a sperm and egg unite, they are the beginning of the process to create a human being, but they have a long way to go before a living human being is created.

Absolutely not! They are a living human being upon that moment. Review biology class.

It's just that living human beings go through stages of growth. An early stage of growth is not a different species of life. If the impregnated egg is not a living human being, then what is it that is living in that stage of development?

Stan B

Jul 21, 2019
Toronto
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Man you are walking on a cliff. I am not quite sure why you support abortion. I don’t understand it. It is an evil practice. Seems like God would give you some conviction with that. But whatever. Believe what you want.

I don't support abortion. I believe everyone should be able to make their own decisions without a bunch of uninformed anti-abortion tyrants trying to force their sick non-Biblical ideology on everyone else!

I adhere to Scripture, and no one has been able to provide proof that the Scripture says "Thou shalt not have an abortion." So, if God chose to omit that law, I believe He had a reason for doing so.

reformed1689

Oct 15, 2019
Somewhere in the USA
reformedtruths.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't support abortion. I believe everyone should be able to make their own decisions without a bunch of uninformed anti-abortion tyrants trying to force their sick non-Biblical ideology on everyone else!

I adhere to Scripture, and no one has been able to provide proof that the Scripture says "Thou shalt not have an abortion." So, if God chose to omit that law, I believe He had a reason for doing so.
Thou shall not kill. Enough said.

Reactions: Mantis and Wrangler

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou shall not murder??????
The only way you can say abortions are ok is if you ignore that commandment. It’s pretty clear to me and scriptural.

So it's okay to let women die in childbirth (or before) because of a fetus that has died in utero? What if the baby has no chance of surviving outside the womb except for a few minutes? Should that baby die an agonizing death? Is that really what you want to happen?

Suppose a young teen has been forcibly raped by her father or a stranger? Should that child's life be ruined for many, many years? Would you be willing to care for that baby for many years? I doubt it.

The decision to terminate a pregnancy should be left entirely to the woman and her physician. Not to the impersonal government that has its own goals that aren't in the mother's or baby's best interests.

Abortion is not murder. It is a medical procedure, not a gun shot.

Reactions: Stan B

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So glad to see that Roe is finally likely to be overturned. If this happens there will still be much work to be done but a lot of murders of innocent children will stop overnight in at least 20 states.
It is not a done deal and SCOTUS could easily reverse its position, after all the rioting and Leftist angst because babies cannot be killed legally. So if the draft was prepared in February, why was the ruling not made immediately? Why did they hang around for four months, waiting to politicize a "draft" opinion, which after all is only a draft?

The reason for this deliberate leak was to deflect attention from the massive election fraud which is now in the documentary titled "2000 Mules" (a very poor choice of words) and which "conservative" Fox News is refusing to bring to their audiences. The Supreme Court did nothing about election fraud, so now they do not wish to see the conspiracy exposed (since they were a part of the conspiracy). Yes there was a conspiracy and even Leftist TIME magazine crowed about it!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Abortion is not murder. It is a medical procedure, not a gun shot.
Christians should not be promoting this fictitious nonsense. Taking a human life is indeed murder, and a fetus is indeed a human being. And since God says this, you have nowhere to run and hide.

Reactions: Wrangler

Jim B

Jun 5, 2020
Santa Fe NM
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thou shall not kill. Enough said.

There is enough killing throughout the Bible to make that statement meaningless.

Moses killed an Egyptian. What did God do to him? He met with him on the mountain, gave him the ten commandments and made him the greatest Old Testament prophet.

What about David, who killed Goliath? What did God do? He made him Israel's greatest king!

There are many other examples of God allowing people to kill others to bring about His justice.

Your simplistic "enough said" is absurd and, worse, contrary to Scripture.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have to agree with you here. Anti-abortion laws will not save innocent children because women will still seek abortion no matter what the law says.
Yes they can certainly violate the law, but that will be deemed murder (which should have been the case all along). Abortion has been promoted as a birth-control option, but that does not change the fact that the fetus is a human being according to the Bible.

Reactions: JohnPaul

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
It is not a done deal and SCOTUS could easily reverse its position, after all the rioting and Leftist angst because babies cannot be killed legally. So if the draft was prepared in February, why was the ruling not made immediately? Why did they hang around for four months, waiting to politicize a "draft" opinion, which after all is only a draft?

The reason for this deliberate leak was to deflect attention from the massive election fraud which is now in the documentary titled "2000 Mules" (a very poor choice of words) and which "conservative" Fox News is refusing to bring to their audiences. The Supreme Court did nothing about election fraud, so now they do not wish to see the conspiracy exposed (since they were a part of the conspiracy). Yes there was a conspiracy and even Leftist TIME magazine crowed about it!
Or they wanted to wait until the election cycle, so they wouldn't have time to follow through with threats to stack the court.