Roman Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I've asked you this before and you ran - so let's see if you will answer it THIS time . . .

- Can you tell me WHICH year this "meeting" occurred?
- Can you point to the official document - because there were official documents for EVERYTHING in the Roman empire.
- What was the NAME of that document??

OR - are you simply LYING through your teeth as usual??

I eagerly await your historical response . . .

History says it all and you have no official document that I accept.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sooooooo, I see by your carpet-bombing of irrelevant videos - you were completely UNABLE to address the points I made about the OT Canon of Scripture that you Protestants adhere to vs. the Catholic OT Canon of Scripture that I laid out in post #195 and post #208.

In case you forgot - or you simply can't count - here is that information again for your edification . . .

Time for a HISTORY lesson . . .
This is how you Protestants arrived at your current Canon of the Old Testament.

The OPEN 1st century Jewish Canon included the 7 Deuterocanonical Books that you now reject.
These Books are:
Wisdom Sirach
Judith Tobit
Baruch I & II Maccabees

Portions or Daniel and Esther

This is the Canon of Scripture that Jesus and the NT writers studied from. We KNOW that they were part of the OPEN Jewish Canon of the 1st century because they are alluded to and quoted some 200 times in the New Testament. Some glaring examples are:
- Eph. 6:13-17 – The entire discussion of armor, helmet, breastplate, sword, shield follows Wis. 5:17-20.
- Heb 11:35 - Paul talks about the martyrdom of the mother and her sons described in 2 Macc. 7:1-42.
- Matt. 7:12 - Jesus' golden rule "do unto others" is the converse of Tobit 4:15 - what you hate, do not do to others.

Sometime around the year 70 AD, Jerusalem was sacked by the Romans during a Jewish uprising and the Temple was destroyed. After this – Jewish Temple sacrifices came to a halt and rabbinical schools replaced the Pharisaical leadership.

Now, pay attention because here's where it gets ugly . . .

Around 30 AD, during the 2nd Jewish uprising, there was a Jewish Rabbinical school in Jamnia.
One of the main Rabbis – a man named Akiva, declared TWO things:

a. A man named Simon Bar Kokhba was the "real" messiah. He turned out to be a false messiah and Akiva was a false prophet.
b. The Deuterocanonical Books needed to be REMOVED from the OPEN Canon - and the canon closed.

The reason for this was that was because of the “Hellenistic” influence it had on the Diaspora (Dispersed Jews).

SO - you Protestants adhere to a POST-Christ, POST-Temple OT Canon that was determined by a FALSE Prophet who declared a FALSE Christ.

Here's the worst part: the ONLY reason your Protestant Fathers chose to do this was to further-divorce themselves from the Catholic Church – who had it RIGHT all along!

ANYBODY who wants to look this up and challenge me - PLEASE do so because @CoreIssue has failed . . .

You do the same argument approach as do Mormons in JW's with their cults challenged. They quote their official materials written by them.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
History says it all and you have no official document that I accept.
Uhhhhhh, no - I asked YOU for an official document..
What is the name of the official document that supposedly started the Catholic Church at this mythical "meeting" that YOU say was convened by Constantine??

YOU
are the one who brought this up, so I am holding YOU accountable for the historical "facts" . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do the same argument approach as do Mormons in JW's with their cults challenged. They quote their official materials written by them.
The difference is that I can prove them WRONG - can't YOU??
If I am wrong - then PROVE it.

Prove that the historical facts I laid out regarding Akiva, Simon Bar Kohkba and the OT Canon of Scripture are wrong. If you can't do that - then you must concede that it is all true . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This isn't an answer - it's just another dodge.

This is PRECISELY why you failed at hosting your own online forum and had to come here looking for stooges to join - but couldn't get any takers.

If you can't debate a subject - just admit it.
You don't have to respond with more idiotic videos. It just makes you look pathetic . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I agree with you. Why is it that so many Christians don't know this?
Because most of them grew up and tossed out their Jack Chick tracts after they graduated high school . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The difference is that I can prove them WRONG - can't YOU??
If I am wrong - then PROVE it.

Prove that the historical facts I laid out regarding Akiva, Simon Bar Kohkba and the OT Canon of Scripture are wrong. If you can't do that - then you must concede that it is all true . . .
blink.gif

Reactions: Nancy

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhhhh, no - I asked YOU for an official document..
What is the name of the official document that supposedly started the Catholic Church at this mythical "meeting" that YOU say was convened by Constantine??

YOU
are the one who brought this up, so I am holding YOU accountable for the historical "facts" . . .
The only thing your so-called official documents are worth his recycling.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only thing your so-called official documents are worth his recycling.
In other words, Einstein - you DON'T have one SHRED of evidence for your idiotic claims - do you?

You don't have ANY clue why you even made the statement that Constantine "held a meeting" and started the Catholic Church in some phantom year because there isn't ANY historical proof to back up your manure.

You see - THAT'S why I'm here: To expose dishonest people like YOU who LIE, so that others who come here trying to read about historical facts aren't seduced by your garbage . . .

"Thou shalt NOT bear false witness against thy neighbor."
- GOD (Exod. 20:16)

Reactions: Reggie Belafonte

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I asked for proof, not Catholic propaganda. Probably from the Vatican Office of Propaganda, a real thing.
You didn't ask for anything - I did.
You refuse to give it because you don't have any.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That makes sense. I've never been too good at group-think.

Working in intelligence I learned real fast the team playing was a good thing but team think got people killed.

When I got my clearance first thing they told me was to take all that marching in strict following orders we learned in boot camp get rid of it. We were selected because of our brains and to properly do our jobs we had to think for ourselves. We were technician, not soldiers.