Roman Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just stop your insults. No one is listening to you, when you do that.
Just as soon as YOU stop YOURS.

My posts ALWAYS begin as a reaction. I NEVER create threads and I NEVER post an opinion without backing it up with Scripture, history or linguistic evidence.

Remember - I warned you when you first came here.
I told you that I could be just as amiable and friendly as the next guy - as long as YOU remained honest and civil. You refused, so I told you that I would expose you at EVERY turn when you decided to spew lies about Catholic or what the Church teaches. I'm simply keeping a promise.

NOW - with that said - I am more than willing to start over with you and engage in nice, charitable conversations - but it is a TWO-WAY street.
YOU have to do the same.

Deal?

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This may be a tiny bit off the subject, tzcho2, but have you seen Pope Paul VI's assembly hall? It looks like a giant snake's head--complete with iridescent "eyes" (stained glass windows). The stage is set inside the snake's fanged mouth and the statue of "Jesus" up behind the stage, looks like a man with a snake's head. There are even "scales" marked on the ceiling and side walls of the hall. It is very creepy--here's the link (scroll all the way to the bottom for a shocking picture display. The Dark Secrets Behind The Pope’s Audience Hall (It’s a Giant Reptilian)
Yes, how wild is that for symbolism? It's like they are trying to tell us something.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Asking you to stop insulting is not an insult.
I will stop pointing them out , if you stop including them in your replies.
Deal?
Apparently, you don't want to stop then.

I asked you if you wanted to make a deal because YOU are the one who proliferated this "relationship" by lying i the first place, then refusing to play nice the first time I asked you.

So - if you are refusing me again - so be it. At least I have a public record of having reached out to you with an olive branch. I can't make you stop lying . . .

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just as soon as YOU stop YOURS.

My posts ALWAYS begin as a reaction. I NEVER create threads and I NEVER post an opinion without backing it up with Scripture, history or linguistic evidence.

Remember - I warned you when you first came here.
I told you that I could be just as amiable and friendly as the next guy - as long as YOU remained honest and civil. You refused,
You are a slanderer.
Apparently, you don't want to stop then.

I asked you if you wanted to make a deal because YOU are the one who proliferated this "relationship" by lying i the first place, then refusing to play nice the first time I asked you.

So - if you are refusing me again - so be it. At least I have a public record of having reached out to you with an olive branch. I can't make you stop lying . . .
Ya, olive branch poked in my eye?
Lol! :D

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Number 1 it is not represent the Roman church in the Bible. It has been commandeered and corrupted and it is not anything recognizable to the biblical churches, though it tries to make that claim of it's phony purity. Any Catholics I've known that are actual believers of Christ Jesus have eventually left because the RC teachings are so discordant with the Holy Spirit, that these people go find independent churches and pray to get their family members out.
It acts like a controlling cult that welds a power over the people by making them think it has the spiritual divine authority that controls their fate in the afterlife. The Rcc has written their own religious beliefs separate from what is written in the Bible. The people in it are being deceived by the Rcc and it is tragic, they don't know the biblical truth are told lies about the reformation, they have been brainwashed & given the message that if they want to get to heaven they must stay in the holy mother church of christianity -- and that is a lie from the pit. The Rc church is not a holy mother , but the harlot. Most inside the RCchurch don't even get to hear the true gospel clearly but a corruption of it.The RC church is two-faced, double-tongued, subtle and clever in it's deception-- I wonder where it got those attributes?

The Protestant churches of today do not represent what they once were. So? There are still believers in them. They don't all leave. And they don't all leave the Roman Church either.

Yes, the papacy is a controlling priesthood. And it should not be. That doesn't mean the people who are part of the Roman church are not Christian. Neither does it mean that all priests are unbelievers.

The Roman church is certainly in need of reformation which it fights against. But there are many, many, Christians there.

Stranger

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Protestant churches of today do not represent what they once were. So? There are still believers in them. They don't all leave. And they don't all leave the Roman Church either.

Yes, the papacy is a controlling priesthood. And it should not be. That doesn't mean the people who are part of the Roman church are not Christian. Neither does it mean that all priests are unbelievers.

The Roman church is certainly in need of reformation which it fights against. But there are many, many, Christians there.

Stranger

Yes, I have cousins who are RC. They essentially believe everything I believe except that they have added junk. They were taught by a nun as they approached their First Communion, that if you bite the "host" it will bleed into your mouth--ridiculous nonsense like that. They were also taught that if they wear the "scapular" they would go to heaven immediately upon death. Nothing about repentance from sin, being born from on high--just "wear the scapular" (like it was a ticket to an amusement park or something) and you can be assured of heaven.

Last edited:

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If it's Christian why is it called the bloody woman mystery Babylon, mother of harlots, in revelation?

Why do you not give me the chapter and verse you speak of?

The mystery Babylon spoken of in (Rev. 17:5) is not just going to be remnants of the Roman Church. It will be remnants of all who fall under the name Christian but are not, and are there for personal or political gain only.

Stranger

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why do you not give me the chapter and verse you speak of?

The mystery Babylon spoken of in (Rev. 17:5) is not just going to be remnants of the Roman Church. It will be remnants of all who fall under the name Christian but are not, and are there for personal or political gain only.

Stranger

I think it will be much more than "christians" in the fallen away paganistic churches. I think it will be Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Talmudic/Kabbalah Jews, etc. as well. All of those groups believe in reincarnation (vs. resurrection). In fact, some groups, like some Kabbalist Jews and Sufi Muslims actually acknowledge it openly. It will likely be a central pillar of the new "world religion". Demonic to the core.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Stranger
So as far as the issues in some of the protestant churches, I can begin naming them if you like. The Scripture warns us their are tares amongst the wheat, their are false teachers , wolves in sheeps' clothing , people with itching ears and those that will say Lord , Lord and find that Jesus rejects them, there will be a great falling away....People need to read their Bible's and stick to what is in it as a yardstick to measure if any churches or teachers are preaching the truth. Many people do not have a firm foundation in sound doctrine and many are ignorant or complacent. I speak equally about the unbiblical teachings in some denominations, but most of them, not all are at least giving the true gospel & teaching the essentials of Christianity. We cannot say that for the Rcc. It opposes God's word as the sole written authority.
As to the the RCC , institutionally it is in a category all to itself, it preaches a false gospel of faith plus works, the doctrine of purgatory, the Mary dogma, of Mary as the co-redemptrix, of prayers to sacred bones of dead rc pope declared saints. It combines pagan traditions with Christian, idolatry, worship of images of Mary of dead saints, it claims that it alone is "the one true church", it claims Apostolic succession, it goes on and on. It denies the sole sovereignty of the Holy God & justification is through Jesus Christ alone. It denies the sole authority of the scriptures & includes it's own traditions & writing as divine.
It means how can RC be saved when they are taught a false gospel? & so many other false teachings have been added & the usurping of Christ's authority? I have family members who are RC, they don't know what salvation is, they don't know what being born again means. They don't know that Jesus paid the cost of our sins by his blood. They don't know how to pray to GOD and asking in Jesus name. They have prayer cards with worship, homage & prayers to Mary. That is a problem. They don't know or believe the essentials of Christian faith. They are trusting in the Rcc to get them to heaven.

Last edited:

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
THIS is why James stresses the importance of being DOERS of the Word and not just "Hearers" (James 1:22). It is ALSO why Paul says that faith and hope are NOT the greatest virtues. He says that LOVE is (James 1:22) and stresses a faith WORKING trough LOVE (Gal. 5:6).

Well, I guess that leaves you out, then. Let's hear it from everyone here--do you all feel loved by "Bread of Life"?

Reactions: tzcho2

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So as far as the issues in some of the protestant churches, I can begin naming them if you like. The Scripture warns us their are tares amongst the wheat, their are false teachers , wolves in sheeps' clothing , people with itching ears and those that will say Lord , Lord and find that Jesus rejects them, there will be a great falling away....People need to read their Bible's and stick to what is in it as a yardstick to measure if any churches or teachers are preaching the truth. Many people do not have a firm foundation in sound doctrine and many are ignorant or complacent. I speak equally about the unbiblical teachings in some denominations, but most of them, not all are at least giving the true gospel & teaching the essentials of Christianity. We cannot say that for the Rcc. It opposes God's word as the sole written authority.
As to the the RCC , institutionally it is in a category all to itself, it preaches a false gospel of faith plus works, the doctrine of purgatory, the Mary dogma, of Mary as the co-redemptrix, of prayers to sacred bones of dead rc pope declared saints. It combines pagan traditions with Christian, idolatry, worship of images of Mary of dead saints, it claims that it alone is "the one true church", it claims Apostolic succession, it goes on and on. It denies the sole sovereignty of the Holy God & justification is through Jesus Christ alone. It denies the sole authority of the scriptures & includes it's own traditions & writing as divine.
It means how can RC be saved when they are taught a false gospel? & so many other false teachings have been added & the usurping of Christ's authority? I have family members who are RC, they don't know what salvation is, they don't know what being born again means. They don't know that Jesus paid the cost of our sins by his blood. They don't know how to pray to GOD and asking in Jesus name. They have prayer cards with worship, homage & prayers to Mary. That is a problem. They don't know or believe the essentials of Christian faith. They are trusting in the Rcc to get them to heaven.

You have these same problems throughout Christianity. It is not unique to the Roman Church. I don't know if your relatives are believers or not. But being part of the Roman Church does not make them anti-christian. It does not mean they are not believers. What is their faith concerning Jesus Christ? That is the question? Or...the problem, as you say.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think it will be much more than "christians" in the fallen away paganistic churches. I think it will be Buddhists, Hindus, Muslims, Talmudic/Kabbalah Jews, etc. as well. All of those groups believe in reincarnation (vs. resurrection). In fact, some groups, like some Kabbalist Jews and Sufi Muslims actually acknowledge it openly. It will likely be a central pillar of the new "world religion". Demonic to the core.

Yes, the world's religion.

Stranger

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I guess that leaves you out, then. Let's hear it from everyone here--do you all feel loved by "Bread of Life"?

Kindness is part of Paul’s definition of love. ‘Tough love’ is an oxymoron- it lets the person shoveling it out, off the hook, by substituting righteous indignation for kindness.

Last edited:

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Kindness is part of Paul’s definition of love. ‘Tough love’ is an oxymoron- it lets the person shoveling it out off the hook by substituting righteous indignation for kindness.

Truer words never spoken, lol. How are you Ron, haven't seen you around here much. I hope you are keeping busy and doing well!

Reactions: aspen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We should do a thread on "Resurrection vs. Reincarnation--What are the differences?" The only thing is that I don't know how to post a thread.

Hi Lady C.
Go to "Forums" then go to the forum you want to post on like, "Christian Spirituality Forum", "Fellowship Forum"... then look to your right and you will see "POST NEW THREAD". :) I'll be watching for your new thread! :)

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Hi Lady C.
Go to "Forums" then go to the forum you want to post on like, "Christian Spirituality Forum", "Fellowship Forum"... then look to your right and you will see "POST NEW THREAD". :) I'll be watching for your new thread! :)

Thanks. :)

Reactions: Nancy

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have these same problems throughout Christianity. It is not unique to the Roman Church. I don't know if your relatives are believers or not. But being part of the Roman Church does not make them anti-christian. It does not mean they are not believers. What is their faith concerning Jesus Christ? That is the question? Or...the problem, as you say.

Stranger
That is not true, it IS unique to the RCC. I never said my relatives or that the followers of the RCC are anti-Christian they are deceived & held captive by an imposter that tells them IT will ensure they get to heaven if they listen to the Priest. It is not recognizable as Christian, it has it's own religious culture, writings, superstitions, images and traditions which trumps the authority of scripture. The reason RC get scripture meaning constantly all messed up is because the RCC is not a path to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. The RCC has it's own teachings, interpretations & twist the scriptures meanings to validate the rc teachings. This is why the arguing with rc's goes on and on.
The RCC is not preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, they are preaching faith plus works. Apparently you ignore everything else they teach or you paint with the same brush. I do not, there is a huge difference. What is their faith? that is an over simplified question, it is not enough to ask if you believe in Jesus, or you have faith in Jesus--scratch the surface and it is faith in Jesus PLUS--this, this & this-- equals a place in heaven. Most RC believe obedience to the RCC is their best chance to get into heaven. So if the Priest says say 7 hail Mary's daily and attend mass weekly & give to the church, that's what they believe will get them a space.