Roman Catholicism

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I guess that leaves you out, then. Let's hear it from everyone here--do you all feel loved by "Bread of Life"?
Like I've said on numerous occasions - MY patrol here is for those who come here seeking an honest look at Christianity - to set the record straight so they don't get seduced by the kind of manure you and your fellow anti-Catholics sling with impunity.

If you don't "feel loved" by me - it's probably because you've been lying and I had to correct you . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We cannot say that for the Rcc. It opposes God's word as the sole written authority.
As to the the RCC , institutionally it is in a category all to itself, it preaches a false gospel of faith plus works, the doctrine of purgatory, the Mary dogma, of Mary as the co-redemptrix, of prayers to sacred bones of dead rc pope declared saints. It combines pagan traditions with Christian, idolatry, worship of images of Mary of dead saints, it claims that it alone is "the one true church", it claims Apostolic succession, it goes on and on. It denies the sole sovereignty of the Holy God & justification is through Jesus Christ alone. It denies the sole authority of the scriptures & includes it's own traditions & writing as divine.
They don't know that Jesus paid the cost of our sins by his blood. They don't know how to pray to GOD and asking in Jesus name.
EVERYTHING you wrote in RED is patently FALSE.
This is precisely what I'm talking about when I say that I have exposed your LIES.

Where do you get this garbage??
I openly challenge you right here and now to produce the Official Catholic teachings on:
- "Praying to dead bones"
- "Opposing God's Word as authoritative"
- "Preaching a false Gospel of faith PLUS works"
- "Denying the sole sovereignty of the Holy God & justification is through Jesus Christ alone"

I ALSO want to to provide rock-solid evidence that we:
- "don't know how to pray to GOD and asking in Jesus name."
- "don't know that Jesus paid the cost of our sins by his blood."

Now, if you can't do this - then you are guilty of violating God's Commandment against bearing FALSE witness.
You will also be openly admitting that you've been LYING all along.

PS - I'm NOT letting you off the hook on this one . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ya, olive branch poked in my eye?
Lol! :D
You had your chance - so don't whine anymore about my being "rude" or "mean" when I catch you in yet another lie.

It's painfully obvious that you hate the Catholic Church more than you love the truth . . .

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why do you not give me the chapter and verse you speak of?

The mystery Babylon spoken of in (Rev. 17:5) is not just going to be remnants of the Roman Church. It will be remnants of all who fall under the name Christian but are not, and are there for personal or political gain only.

Stranger
That is not true.

Daniel makes it quite clear mystery Babylon has existed since Nebuchadnezzar.

Roman Catholicism is the culmination of the statue of Daniel.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You had your chance - so don't whine anymore about my being "rude" or "mean" when I catch you in yet another lie.

It's painfully obvious that you hate the Catholic Church more than you love the truth . . .
You prove some of the problems inherent in the RCC.
I dislike anything that is leading many to hell.
The Word of God is Truth.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You prove some of the problems inherent in the RCC.
I dislike anything that is leading many to hell.
The Word of God is Truth.
And when you're ready to actually present some evidence of what those things are - I'm all ears.
So far, all you've done is accuse and run . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true, it IS unique to the RCC. I never said my relatives or that the followers of the RCC are anti-Christian they are deceived & held captive by an imposter that tells them IT will ensure they get to heaven if they listen to the Priest. It is not recognizable as Christian, it has it's own religious culture, writings, superstitions, images and traditions which trumps the authority of scripture. The reason RC get scripture meaning constantly all messed up is because the RCC is not a path to salvation through faith in Jesus Christ. The RCC has it's own teachings, interpretations & twist the scriptures meanings to validate the rc teachings. This is why the arguing with rc's goes on and on.
The RCC is not preaching the gospel of Jesus Christ, they are preaching faith plus works. Apparently you ignore everything else they teach or you paint with the same brush. I do not, there is a huge difference. What is their faith? that is an over simplified question, it is not enough to ask if you believe in Jesus, or you have faith in Jesus--scratch the surface and it is faith in Jesus PLUS--this, this & this-- equals a place in heaven. Most RC believe obedience to the RCC is their best chance to get into heaven. So if the Priest says say 7 hail Mary's daily and attend mass weekly & give to the church, that's what they believe will get them a space.

Well, Church of Christ believes you must be baptized to be saved. I disagree. They believe you can lose your salvation. I disagree. I believe they put a heavy burden upon their people.

Does this mean the faith of the believers there does not count? No. Their faith in Christ is enough for them to be born-again. No matter the burden or the error the leaders of the Church may be in and place on them.

The Roman Church can not stop the believer from having true faith, no matter how corrupt their doctrine has become.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is not true.

Daniel makes it quite clear mystery Babylon has existed since Nebuchadnezzar.

Roman Catholicism is the culmination of the statue of Daniel.

Give me the verses you speak of.

The mystery of iniquity has been around since the fall of satan. (2 Thess. 2:7) (Zech. 5:6-11) (Gen. 11:2) And yes Babel is its base. But it will not just be the Roman church. It will be religion in total. This is why today you have this this effort of uniting the faiths. It will be a religion without Christ, without God.

Stranger

Last edited:

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, Church of Christ believes you must be baptized to be saved. I disagree. They believe you can lose your salvation. I disagree. I believe they put a heavy burden upon their people.
Does this mean the faith of the believers there does not count? No. Their faith in Christ is enough for them to be born-again. No matter the burden or the error the leaders of the Church may be in and place on them.
The Roman Church can not stop the believer from having true faith, no matter how corrupt their doctrine has become.

Stranger
Stay believing what you want , or watch some of the video's @CoreIssue posted & do your own research.
RC are not taught to have faith in Jesus alone. I've attended many Masses, and funerals and I can tell you the pure gospel of Jesus was not the topic or the teaching. Galatians 1:8 wonder why Paul was lead by the Holy Spirit to state this? I don't.

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Give me the verses you speak of.

The mystery of iniquity has been around since the fall of satan. (2 Thess. 2:7) (Zech. 5:6-11) (Gen. 11:2) And yes Babel is its base. But it will not just be the Roman church. It will be religion in total. This is why today you have this this effort of uniting the faiths. It will be a religion without Christ, without God.

Stranger
The mystery of iniquity is not Mystery Babylon. Babel is not Babylon.Statue.jpg

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Like I've said on numerous occasions - MY patrol here is for those who come here seeking an honest look at Christianity - to set the record straight so they don't get seduced by the kind of manure you and your fellow anti-Catholics sling with impunity.

If you don't "feel loved" by me - it's probably because you've been lying and I had to correct you . . .
horse.gif

Reactions: tzcho2

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stay believing what you want , or watch some of the video's @CoreIssue posted & do your own research.
RC are not taught to have faith in Jesus alone. I've attended many Masses, and funerals and I can tell you the pure gospel of Jesus was not the topic or the teaching. Galatians 1:8 wonder why Paul was lead by the Holy Spirit to state this? I don't.

Thanks, I will. It doesn't matter if the Roman church doesn't teach the need of faith only in Christ to be born-again. There are Christians there who have faith only in Christ. I seldom watch videos. I would rather you tell me something then have to sit and listen to another.

Good verse , (Gal. 1:8). Yet Paul counted the Galatians there as believers. Have you ever wondered why about that?

Stranger

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't proven anything. You show me the statue found in the book of Daniel. So what? What is the mystery of iniquity, and why isn't it associated with the mystery Babylon?

Stranger

The mystery of iniquity is not defined in the Bible. Mystery Babylon is.

All we know is that it is worldwide, not limited to one thing.

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks, I will. It doesn't matter if the Roman church doesn't teach the need of faith only in Christ to be born-again. There are Christians there who have faith only in Christ. I seldom watch videos. I would rather you tell me something then have to sit and listen to another.
Good verse , (Gal. 1:8). Yet Paul counted the Galatians there as believers. Have you ever wondered why about that?
Stranger
Good verse , but you don't seem to understand it correctly , by your question.
Yes Actually it very much Does matter if the RCC preaching a false gospel along with all the many heretical doctrines, and false Mary dogma, etc, etc. I have no interest in convincing you. If you are ignorant of what they teach, & think it's fine that is unfortunate but your choice. I am concerned with the people who are naively lead to believe the RCC gets them to heaven, through other means then preaching the pure message of the gospel of Jesus Christ.
You may argue with someone else on this issue, I however don't have all the time in the world to debate protestants who who want to be part of the deception and my concern is not with those who are saved but with those WHO don't hear the true gospel message and are not given the option because they have been raised to believe the Pope & the priests of this counterfeit christian church.
The RC that I have known that know the truth - become ex:catholics
As for have I wondered about Paul counting the galatians as believers? --No I haven't because I understand that PAUL had Already given them the gospel prior and the scripture says they believed and were saved , that's why and in Galatians 1:8 Paul isn't about accusing THEM of giving to others a False Gospel , He was telling them NOT to receive a FALSE Gospel from OTHERS that came AFTER Paul contradicting him. Paul himself told them he pronounced a curse even upon himself should he preach to them another gospel.
He made it VERY clear that preaching a false gospel was anathema.
It seems by your comments, that you still don't seem to see clearly and I don't have time to wait for that to happen.
I've had relatives die without being born again because they were in the RCC, don't bother doubting me, your opinion on this is completely lacking in facts. I knew them, talked with them, I knew what they've been taught to believe, and I knew in what order of Holy importance they placed Jesus and I knew their view of the gospel of faith in Jesus alone, without works. I know their religious practices & beliefs. They also did not believe the Bible had Godly authority, they didn't believe it was the inerrant word of God, it was just a religious writing to them that did not understand & they needed a Priest to tell them what to believe and what to do , they believed exactly what the Roman Catholic Church fed them ---period! they had great pride in being a Catholic because they believed that they were the chosen ones.

Lady Crosstalk

Feb 16, 2019
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The mystery of iniquity is not defined in the Bible. Mystery Babylon is.

All we know is that it is worldwide, not limited to one thing.

I think the "mystery of iniquity" is about sin, whereas, "Mystery Babylon" is about false religion.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Thus the passion of our Savior is the salvation of mankind. The reason why he desired to die for us was that he wanted us who believe in him to live for ever. In the fullness of time it was his will to become what we are, so that we might inherit the eternity he promised and live with him for ever.”

- Office of Readings 4-24-19

Living our relationship with Christ daily is our sanctification. I have found this in abundance within Catholicism - some have not. Better to be alive in Christ where you find Him, than dead on the vine in any church, no matter the denomination

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Thus the passion of our Savior is the salvation of mankind. The reason why he desired to die for us was that he wanted us who believe in him to live for ever. In the fullness of time it was his will to become what we are, so that we might inherit the eternity he promised and live with him for ever.”

Living our relationship with Christ daily is our sanctification. I have found this in abundance within Catholicism - some have not. Better to be alive in Christ where you find Him, than dead on the vine in any church, no matter the denomination
Being born again isn't a spiritual feeling.

Reactions: Lady Crosstalk