Romans 1:19-20

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
"For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:19-20 ESV

I have been told many times that look at nature as proof God exists. Specifically what about nature points to Gods eternal power and divine nature or that he exists at all and why?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Very simply consider whether it all could have happened by accident and go on from there!

Reactions: Helen

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Vince,

Sir Francis Collins is the head of the Human Genome Project, which has produced perhaps the greatest scientific breakthrough in the last hundred years. In this video he lays out his journey from atheism to a devout Christian in a way that effectively responds to your question about Romans 1:19-20. I encourage you to watch his lecture and share your reaction:

Reactions: Helen

Vince

Feb 20, 2019
Ft Worth
Faith
Atheist
Country
United States
Vince,

Sir Francis Collins is the head of the Human Genome Project, which has produced perhaps the greatest scientific breakthrough in the last hundred years. In this video he lays out his journey from atheism to a devout Christian in a way that effectively responds to your question about Romans 1:19-20. I encourage you to watch his lecture and share your reaction:

So I did watch this. There was really nothing new here. His reasons for belief were the moral law, big bang, fine tuning, something instead of nothing, mathematics. All of which are unconvincing to me because they all have logical issues related with them. He justified his belief in Jesus because he realized that Jesus had the answer to his sin problem which no other religion had. There was no evidence given as to the reliability of Jesus claims. And really all but the moral law argument he gave are applicable to people born after the 1700's so Roman 1:19-20 cannot be pointing toward those items.