ROMANS 8 EXPLAINED

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I do too. I prefer to err on the side of holiness, which is why I never dated after my Christian husband left me. Not even after Christians told me I was free. But how does one "work out our own salvation with fear and trembling?
God will honor you for honoring Him. I am constantly amazed at the amount of evangelical Christians who seem to think that circumventing what the New Testament clearly says in a number of passages about remarriage after divorce is supposedly 'okay'.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Another way to look at it is, many in church identify with Romans 7 because they are not born again. They battle the flesh with the flesh using nothing but law as their motive. We have a false legalistic gospel today they wield as a substitute for the Ten Commandments.

But in the power of the Holy Spirit, we overcome the flesh and even retrain it to a degree. We seldom sin outwardly, but battle temptation on a daily basis. But like 1stCentury said, we really do not want to sin and seek to avoid it.

I've learned that there's nothing good in the flesh (sin nature) that can be retrained or reformed, like Paul said, "For I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh." (Romans 7:18) The only solution for the flesh is death--to take up my cross daily (Luke 9:23) and consider myself to be dead to sin (Romans 6:11), having been crucified with Christ. (Galatians 2:20)

1 Peter 2:24--"He Himself bore our sins in His body on the cross, so that we might die to sin and live to righteousness; for by His wounds you were healed." Through the cross, Jesus gave us the power to die to sin so that we can live to righteousness.

I've come to see this walk of faith as choosing on a daily (even moment-by-moment) basis to count my flesh as crucified (when it seems to be very much alive) and live in obedience to the Holy Spirit. Of course, all of this is done by the power of the indwelling Holy Spirit by grace through faith. I could NEVER live this way apart from the Him.

Last edited: