Rome vs Melchizedek

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
1.) YOU can't have an intelligent discussion about this yet because you are still clinging to a falsehood regarding Sheep and Goat "Nations".
I don't know HOW many times I have to tell you - God doesn't grade on a curve . . .

2.) And there I go, typing too fast again.
Psalm 50:10
". . . for every animal of the forest is mine, and the cattle on a THOUSAND hills.

3.) No - says the BIBLE . . .

4.) And once again you have perverted the Scriptures to fit your little bizarro world.
Only TWO Judgments are spoken of in Scripture - not FOUR . . .

5.) BOTH Judgments take place before the throne of God. WHERE is His throne??
In HEAVEN.

If YOU can show me an example of God sitting on a Throne OTHER than in Heaven - I'm ALL ears . . .
1.) It's not a falsehood just because you say it is. You haven't explained the two peoples spoken of in (Matt. 25:32-34) and (Rev. 20:4-6).

2.) Typing too fast? Sure. Copying is more like it. Do you own a Bible?

3.) Says you, and the Roman Church.

4.) Wine all you want, (2Cor.5:10) and (1Cor.3:11-15) is still a judgment of rewards, for believers. Which makes it a judgment differing from a heaven and hell result. Which makes it different from your 'general' and 'individual' judgments.

5.) I showed you in the Scripture that the judgment of (Matt.25:32) takes place on earth. And,that the judgment of the believers who are the Church, takes place in the air. (2Cor. 5:10), (1Cor. 3:11-15), and (1Thess. 4:13-17). And the Great White Throne judgment takes place neither on heaven or the earth.(Rev. 20:11). To which you offer nothing but 'where is His throne'.

You say you are all ears. Are they hears to 'hear'?

Stranger

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:

"3.) And every "church" that doesn't have Bishops with valid Apostolic Succession is not the Church. It may be a Christian splinter group - but not the Church, by definition. Jesus built ONE Church - not 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering offshoot sects who ALL teach different doctrines and ALL claim to have the "Truth."

I think the Catholic Church considers the Orthodox church to have "Bishops with valid Apostolic Succession". ​Are those churches "the Church"? They consider their church as the True Church. Can there be two true Churches?

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Stranger said:
1.) It's not a falsehood just because you say it is. You haven't explained the two peoples spoken of in (Matt. 25:32-34) and (Rev. 20:4-6).
It has been explained, you just don't like the explanation. Matt. 25:32-34:
Ellicott's Commentary for English Readers
Expositor's Greek Testament
Benson Commentaryx
Matthew Henry's Concise Commentary
Barnes' Notes on the Bible
Jamieson-Fausset-Brown Bible Commentary
Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
http://biblehub.com/commentaries/matthew/25-32.htm
These are all PROTESTANT commentaries, and NONE of them say anything about the division of sheep and.goats on earth.
Rev. 20:4-6 Explain how people on earth are walking around with no head.

3.) Says you, and the Roman Church
.He quotes scripture and this is your reply?
Wine all you want, (2Cor.5:10) and (1Cor.3:11-15) is still a judgment of rewards, for believers. Which makes it a judgment differing from a heaven and hell result. Which makes it different from your 'general' and 'individual' judgments.

Those verses refer to the particular judgement,which has been explained twice, so has the general judgment. They are different, yet the same because there is no time in heaven. They are theological terms rooted in scripture but you reject them because they transcend your simplistic, individualized interpretation.
5.) I showed you in the Scripture that the judgment of (Matt.25:32) takes place on earth.
That is your private interpretation that contradicts 7 Protestant commentaries.
And,that the judgment of the believers who are the Church, takes place in the air. (2Cor. 5:10), (1Cor. 3:11-15), and (1Thess. 4:13-17).
None of those verses say anything about an "in the air" judgement.

And the Great White Throne judgment takes place neither on heaven or the earth.(Rev. 20:11). To which you offer nothing but 'where is His throne'. You say you are all ears. Are they hears to 'hear'?
In stead of running behind pious cliches, tell us where the Great White Throne is, it should be interesting. :popcorn:

tabletalk said:
BreadOfLife said:

"3.) And every "church" that doesn't have Bishops with valid Apostolic Succession is not the Church. It may be a Christian splinter group - but not the Church, by definition. Jesus built ONE Church - not 50,000 disjointed and perpetually-splintering offshoot sects who ALL teach different doctrines and ALL claim to have the "Truth."

I think the Catholic Church considers the Orthodox church to have "Bishops with valid Apostolic Succession". ​Are those churches "the Church"? They consider their church as the True Church. Can there be two true Churches?
There has always been one Church, it's a matter of degree of separation (splintering). The Lutherans are not as separated as a store front "church" with no ecclesiology. The Catholic Church has the fullness of faith, but it is not the only church with truths.

In 1965, Pope Paul VI and Patriarch Athenagoras I of Constantinople lifted mutual excommunications dating from the eleventh century, and in 1995, Pope John Paul II and Patriarch Bartholomew I of Constantinople concelebrated the Eucharist together. John Paul II, the first Slavic pope, has made the reconciliation of Eastern and Western Christendom a special theme of his pontificate, and he has released a large number of documents and addresses honoring the contributions of Eastern Christendom and seeking to promote unity between Catholics and Orthodox.
It is again becoming possible to envision a time when the two communions will be united and, by the power of the Holy Spirit, fulfill their duty in bringing about Christ’s solemn desire and command "that they may be one" (John 17:11).
https://www.catholic.com/tract/eastern-orthodoxy

Pope Francis asked the Ecumenical Patriarch Bartholomew I to​
“bless me and the Church of Rome” at the Orthodox Church of St. George in Istanbul.​

20141129cnsbr7033-588x376.jpg

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ok, you have reduced "them" to "a store front "church" with no ecclesiology," and wadr as far as a Christian in that store-front is concerned those two posers can duke it out with swords, but at least we see the Circle of the Condemned shrinking somewhat in both cases. Ps, i quite like the current pope, he seems committed to draining the swamp. :)

i guess we'll see.

so to put that maybe a better way, you condemn those in a storefront, who might be closest to "wherever two or three are gathered," while you bow to those who serve the phallus, which i can show you a picture of at the Vatican, if you like.

VkWCGxo.jpg

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
No, they were not saved by the ark. They were saved by water. Whether you want to say 'through water' or I say, as the Bible says, 'by water', it is the water that saves. It is the water that pictures baptism, not the ark. So, again, how does the water save? And, were Noah and his family believers or not? Please answer.

Stranger
Read S*L*O*W*L*Y . . .
". . . eight in all, were saved THROUGH water,"

The waters of Baptism save us:
". . . not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. IT SAVES YOU by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him."

Can't argue with Scripture . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
ok, you have reduced "them" to "a store front "church" with no ecclesiology," and wadr as far as a Christian in that store-front is concerned those two posers can duke it out with swords, but at least we see the Circle of the Condemned shrinking somewhat in both cases. Ps, i quite like the current pope, he seems committed to draining the swamp. :)

i guess we'll see.

so to put that maybe a better way, you condemn those in a storefront, who might be closest to "wherever two or three are gathered," while you bow to those who serve the phallus, which i can show you a picture of at the Vatican, if you like.

VkWCGxo.jpg
And WHAT is the ONE difference between all THREE pagan obelisks pictured??
The one at the Vatican has a CROSS on top, illustrating Christianity's VICTORY over paganism.

Do your HOMEWORK.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
And WHAT is the ONE difference between all THREE pagan obelisks pictured??
The one at the Vatican has a CROSS on top, illustrating Christianity's VICTORY over paganism.

Do your HOMEWORK.
BoL, i find your perspective naive, with all due respect, as the three even share a common flag,

mFZkEiB.gif

and while i certainly would not imply that this defines every heart that identifies in some manner with this trinity, i think a broader and more inclusive concept of "Church" will recognize the evil, while acknowledging the good. Christ is Spirit, and "Jesus" is not His only Name.

You may be comfortable enveloped in the church right now, as Saul was, but you might also come to regret this perspective, and recognize how it serves chiefly your ego, as it is designed imo to do. This concept of "I/we have Jesus, so it is ok to turn a flamethrower on everyone else" hardly strikes me as the most humble perspective, although i see that you feel you are personally being attacked whenever the RCC is questioned, and it is only natural to want to defend what to you defines your faith.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
1.) Again, the two types of people I refer to are the individuals of the sheep nations and those raised from the dead 1000 years later. Please address these. (Matt. 25:32-34) and (Rev. 20:4-6)

2.) Do you own a Bible?

3.) Says you. And the Roman Church.

4.) I don't have a problem with (2Cor. 5:10), and (1Cor.3:11-15). They are clearly a judgment of rewards. They clearly say so. Thus they are a different judgment than the one in (Matt. 25:32) and the one in (Rev. 20:4-6).

5.) Except (Matt. 25:32) takes place on earth. And (2 Cor. 5:10, 1Cor. 3:11-15,) take place in the air. (1Thess. 4:13-17). And the Great White Throne Judgement takes place neither in heaven or the earth. (Rev. 20:11).

Stranger
1.) And we’ll continue to go in circles on this point until the scales fall from your eyes and you understand that ALL Judgment is individual.
God doesn’t grade us on a curve.

2.) If I had copied and pasted – I wouldn’t have copied it incorrectly, Einstein.
It was a typo.

3.) Uhhhh, no – the BIBLE says that Christ’s Church has BISHOPS (Acts 1:20, 1 Timothy 3:2, Philip. 1:1).

4.) AGAIN2 Cor. 5:10 is about the GENERAL Judgement. 1 Cor. 3:11-15 is about the INDIVIDUAL Judgment. Virtually every reputable Scripture scholar agrees with this, so you can “wine” all you want but you’ll STILL be wrong . . .

5.) When YOU can show me a Biblical verse that says God sits on thrones anywhere else but Heaven – you LOSE this point.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
BoL, i find your perspective naive, with all due respect, as the three even share a common flag,

mFZkEiB.gif

and while i certainly would not imply that this defines every heart that identifies in some manner with this trinity, i think a broader and more inclusive concept of "Church" will recognize the evil, while acknowledging the good. Christ is Spirit, and "Jesus" is not His only Name.

You may be comfortable enveloped in the church right now, as Saul was, but you might also come to regret this perspective, and recognize how it serves chiefly your ego, as it is designed imo to do. This concept of "I/we have Jesus, so it is ok to turn a flamethrower on everyone else" hardly strikes me as the most humble perspective, although i see that you feel you are personally being attacked whenever the RCC is questioned, and it is only natural to want to defend what to you defines your faith.
All three WHAT share a common flag??
The Vatican, London and the Washington Monument are in collusion??

I am often amazed at the nonsense you spew without doing ANY research whatsoever.
You make idiotic accusations and comments without doing your homework..

How old are you anyway??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
Read S*L*O*W*L*Y . . .
". . . eight in all, were saved THROUGH water,"

The waters of Baptism save us:
". . . not the removal of dirt from the body but the pledge of a clear conscience toward God. IT SAVES YOU by the resurrection of Jesus Christ, who has gone into heaven and is at God’s right hand—with angels, authorities and powers in submission to him."

Can't argue with Scripture . . .
No, I can't argue with Scripture. But I can argue with you.

You said in post #363 that we are saved by the ark. Now you change your tune and say the 'waters of Baptism save us."

Again I ask, how do the waters save? And were Noah and his family already believers? Please answer.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
No, I can't argue with Scripture. But I can argue with you.

You said in post #363 that we are saved by the ark. Now you change your tune and say the 'waters of Baptism save us."

Again I ask, how do the waters save? And were Noah and his family already believers? Please answer.

Stranger
When did I EVER say that WE are save by an Ark??
If you're going to lie - then at LEAST try to do it better. Your dishonesty knows NO bounds.

I said that Noah and his family were saved by the Ark - THROUGH water.
Try being honest for a change and let me know when you wanna have a grown up conversation . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
1.) And we’ll continue to go in circles on this point until the scales fall from your eyes and you understand that ALL Judgment is individual.
God doesn’t grade us on a curve.

2.) If I had copied and pasted – I wouldn’t have copied it incorrectly, Einstein.
It was a typo.

3.) Uhhhh, no – the BIBLE says that Christ’s Church has BISHOPS (Acts 1:20, 1 Timothy 3:2, Philip. 1:1).

4.) AGAIN2 Cor. 5:10 is about the GENERAL Judgement. 1 Cor. 3:11-15 is about the INDIVIDUAL Judgment. Virtually every reputable Scripture scholar agrees with this, so you can “wine” all you want but you’ll STILL be wrong . . .

5.) When YOU can show me a Biblical verse that says God sits on thrones anywhere else but Heaven – you LOSE this point.
1.) You continue to ignore the question I asked. Which means your theology has no answer? The Roman Church has no answer. Because your theology is that of the Roman Church. And the Roman Church has no answer.

2.) Do you own a Bible? Funny you do not answer. Hurry and go buy one before you post again. You certainly don't want to be 'lying'.

3.) Again, says you. Not the Bible. Do you have elders, deacons, and saints? Please answer and quit ignoring.

4.) (2Cor. 5:10 and 1Cor.3:11-15) are a judgment of rewards. You offer nothing to prove otherwise.

5.) I have showed you in multiple posts. You offer nothing as an answer except to say it isn't so. You offer nothing in response to what I have said. To what Scripture says. You are operating on the same philosophy of the atheistic left. Which is, if you tell the lie long enough, they will believe it.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
When did I EVER say that WE are save by an Ark??
If you're going to lie - then at LEAST try to do it better. Your dishonesty knows NO bounds.
I said that Noah and his family were saved by the Ark - THROUGH water.
Try being honest for a change and let me know when you wanna have a grown up conversation . . .
Comprehension. I already told you. Your post #363.

Again, how did the waters save? And, were Noah and his family believers or not? Why don't you want to answer these questions?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
Comprehension. I already told you. Your post #363.

Again, how did the waters save? And, were Noah and his family believers or not? Why don't you want to answer these questions?

Stranger
You're STILL not getting it.
Whether Noah was a believer or NOT is completely irrelevant to Peter's comparison.

Peter is COMPARING Noah's physical salvation through water with the SPIRITUAL salvation of Baptism.
Funny - I taught several 15-year-olds in Confirmation classes and even THEY got it the first time . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stranger said:
1.) You continue to ignore the question I asked. Which means your theology has no answer? The Roman Church has no answer. Because your theology is that of the Roman Church. And the Roman Church has no answer.

2.) Do you own a Bible? Funny you do not answer. Hurry and go buy one before you post again. You certainly don't want to be 'lying'.

3.) Again, says you. Not the Bible. Do you have elders, deacons, and saints? Please answer and quit ignoring.

4.) (2Cor. 5:10 and 1Cor.3:11-15) are a judgment of rewards. You offer nothing to prove otherwise.

5.) I have showed you in multiple posts. You offer nothing as an answer except to say it isn't so. You offer nothing in response to what I have said. To what Scripture says. You are operating on the same philosophy of the atheistic left. Which is, if you tell the lie long enough, they will believe it.

Stranger
1. WRONG.
I cannot have a dialogue about this until YOU realize that you're staring from a FALSE premise.
It would be like you asking me the following moronic question to an innocent man: Did you kill your wife before you left for work or after you got home?

Childish nonsense . . .

2. I have several Bibles. I even have a couple of incomplete Protestant versions (KJV, NIV).

3. Yup - we DO have presbyters (priests), deacons and saints.
We ALSO have Bishops, as prescribed by Scripture (Acts 1:20, 1 Timothy 3:2, Philip. 1:1).

4. Look - we've gone over this at least a dozen times and you just don't get it.
there is NO such thing i Scripture as exclusively, a Judgement or "rewards". At BOTH Judgments there will be rewards and damnation.

5. Uhhhh, no - you haven't.
Point me to the post where you answered this challenge:
Unless YOU can show me a Biblical verse that says God sits on thrones anywhere else but Heaven – you LOSE this point.

Start being honest for a change . . .

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
and your concept of heaven is as naive as the rest of your spew, sorry. Just point to heaven then, or describe to us "where" it is, that we may consider your oh-so-literal pov.
BreadOfLife said:
All three WHAT share a common flag??
now you are just being deliberately obtuse to avoid confronting a truth that is not even hidden. I do not mean to imply that this trinity is completely evil, as many do, for it seems to serve a purpose. What you are chiefly demonstrating with all due respect is that they allow idiots to teach confirmation, if you insist upon this position. We have been over this more than once now, and you just refuse to get it. You are not God, and all you have is an opinion, just like the rest of us. The difference being that you have unabashed confidence in yours, and seem to believe that everyone else must believe like you or be damned. This is the chief hallmark of the blind.

The Vatican, London and the Washington Monument are in collusion??
these are the Ecumenical, Financial, and Political arms of the counterfeit trinity, which by definition must exist if any true concept of Trinity exists, yes. They all fly the same flag, so what does that tell you? Why else do you imagine that there is not a single Prot in evidence in the highest court in the land?
"There are six Roman Catholics currently serving on the court (Samuel Alito, Anthony Kennedy, John Roberts, Antonin Scalia, Sonia Sotomayor, and Clarence Thomas) and three (Ashkenazi, of course)Jews (Stephen Breyer, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, and Elena Kagen)."
the rest of your reply is completely egotistical and self serving, and since you seem intent upon worshipping yourself and spewing hate at everyone else, i will just leave you to it.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
bbyrd009 said:
and your concept of heaven is as naive as the rest of your spew, sorry. Just point to heaven then, or describe to us "where" it is, that we may consider your oh-so-literal pov.
now you are just being deliberately obtuse to avoid confronting a truth that is not even hidden. I do not mean to imply that this trinity is completely evil, as many do, for it seems to serve a purpose. What you are chiefly demonstrating with all due respect is that they allow idiots to teach confirmation, if you insist upon this position. We have been over this more than once now, and you just refuse to get it. You are not God, and all you have is an opinion, just like the rest of us. The difference being that you have unabashed confidence in yours, and seem to believe that everyone else must believe like you or be damned. This is the chief hallmark of the blind.
As usual - your post is nothing but gibberish.
Here's a thought: Try to make SENSE. It makes for a better conversations..

How old are you, anyway??

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
BreadOfLife said:
As usual - your post is nothing but gibberish.
Here's a thought: Try to make SENSE. It makes for a better conversations..

How old are you, anyway??
you talk like a petulant little child, after it has been made obvious that they are in the wrong.
as usual, you cannot address the subject--which has little or nothing to do with you personally--so you attack the poster.
keep your fingers in your ears and scream LALALA all you like, BoL.
put me down to your heart's content, like you do everyone else, if you like.
it will not change the truth.
i will not be drawn into demeaning you, even though your actions are reprehensible at the moment, because it is obvious that you are not even in your right mind, which i'm sure you do nonetheless possess.

i would offer you forgiveness, but you have already demonstrated that you are above all that, like Trump.

have a nice evening.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife said:
You're STILL not getting it.
Whether Noah was a believer or NOT is completely irrelevant to Peter's comparison.

Peter is COMPARING Noah's physical salvation through water with the SPIRITUAL salvation of Baptism.
Funny - I taught several 15-year-olds in Confirmation classes and even THEY got it the first time . . .
Again, how did the waters save? And were Noah and his family believers or not? Please answer,

Yeah, that is funny

Stranger