Running With A Purpose

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

hldude33

Apr 28, 2010
“Running With A Purpose”
1 Corinthians 9:25-27 NLT
All athletes are disciplined in their training. They do it to win a prize that will fade away, but we do it for an eternal prize. So I run with purpose in every step. I am not just shadowboxing. I discipline my body like an athlete, training it to do what it should. Otherwise, I fear that after preaching to others I myself might be disqualified.

This past Sunday in our small group Bible study, we were discussing how we need to be missional in life and get things done instead of just talking about doing them. It was a powerful lesson we all took in and as we read this passage, I was focused on the part of ”So I run with purpose in every step”. I thought about all the things I do each and every day and why I do them.

I thought about all I do each day from the time I get up in the morning to the time I lay down to go to bed at night. What is my purpose behind each thing I do and each place I go? Am I living to just get the day of work over with to get home to be with my family? Don’t get me wrong that it’s great to look forward to being home with my family each night. But, there’s more to each day of life. Whether I am at work, at home with my family or going somewhere, I am called to live and run with a purpose.

I used to be a cross-country and track runner and I remember how focused I was on doing the best I could. I remember the pain I often went to in order to get my body in shape. It was so challenging, but I was determined to stay in shape so that I could run my best. I needed to stay determined and committed so that I could run the best I could. I ran with a purpose to do my best and achieve my best.

Friends, this is why we need to train each and every day to be the best God wants us to be. We are living and running each day from this to that. Do we ever really stop to consider what we are doing and why we are doing it? I sure hope so. And, if we’re not….we need to START!

I want to be missional in my life to not just live each day in a normal routine. I want to be the best God has asked me to be and take advantage of every opportunity to do what He has called me to do.

Are you and I living and running with a purpose?

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 19:4-5 KJV
[4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race.

Pathfinder7

Mar 8, 2020
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good topic.
---
The question is..
- Are you willing to come out of your comfort zone?
----
Running with a purpose..
- You need to find out/search..what your calling, gifts & task/assignment are..

Reactions: Nancy

Stumpmaster

Apr 5, 2009
Hamilton, New Zealand
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
Are you and I living and running with a purpose?
I hope my comment doesn't seem aimless and uncertain.

I'm glad you didn't come across as accusative, because when our ministries and giftings repeatedly take us into testing situations, a message from the pulpit or elsewhere that throws shade on our service is a disappointing diatribe to have dropped on us.

In line with the theme of running with a purpose, as long as we acknowledge God as the source of our abilities and are worthy stewards of His resources, the indwelling Holy Spirit keeps us on track.

2Co 3:5-6 Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think of anything as being from ourselves, but our sufficiency is from God, (6) who also made us sufficient as ministers of the new covenant, not of the letter but of the Spirit; for the letter kills, but the Spirit gives life.

Reactions: Not me