Ruth B Ginsburg Has Passed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What a testimony! You are showing me and probably most everyone else how it's done. Thank You, Jesus.
Thank you, brother. Please pray for my daughter. She tends to go into a place of silence ...she has lost her daughter and her little brother (my son). I know her heart is hurting...I reach out to her, and she sounds okay, but I know she's hurting. She doesn't verbalize things much.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God bless you for acknowledging my post about my son. He was (and is) such a testimony and example of faith and strength ....and lived a life of love and servitude. He was 17 when he went Home this past January. To his last days, he was thinking of how he could cheer me up. The most amazing young man ...who put everyone else before himself. I truly miss him...

Had to edit my typos that I didn't catch earlier.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
An all out war is planned for the Supreme Court nomination.
Replacing the Notorious RBG with the Heavenly ACB
By Pete McArdle

Just when you thought 2020 couldn't get any crazier, Supreme Court justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg suddenly departs this world for, hopefully, a better one. [Note: no need for wishful thinking]

You have to respect that anyone strong, smart, and principled enough to serve on the Supreme Court. Supreme Court justices carry a heavy burden and do so for decades longer than presidents. The Notorious RBG, as she was called, was a saint to all Democrats and a heroine to women around the world. Her colleagues called her brilliant. Can't beat that.

Still, many Americans, especially Catholics, had a problem with Justice Ginsburg's staunch support for abortion. Abortion became "legal" via a Supreme Court ruling, not by virtue of the Legislature. As such, abortion advocates have always had nightmares about the Court flipping so far right that it directs Congress to pass the appropriate laws regarding abortion, thereby giving the people a voice — the way it should have been done in the first place.

Let's cut to the chase. With the passing of Justice Ginsburg, the Dems' worst nightmare has now occurred. Their dream of unfettered abortion is in peril. Pending the wildest, nastiest Senate confirmation fight in recent history — which, after Kavanaugh, is saying a lot — the Notorious RBG's going to be replaced by the Heavenly ACB.

Judge Amy Coney Barrett is a devout Catholic who believes that life begins at conception. She's the mother of seven children, one of them special needs, two of them adopted. Can't get more pro-life than that.

And for being pro-life, Judge Barrett's going to get accused, defamed, roasted, and slandered. There will be no line of attack too low for Democrats and their minions in the press. Count on multiple pretend scandals, racy tidbits from shady former friends, unsubstantiated wrongdoing according to multiple anonymous sources.

You saw what the Democrats and the press did to Justice Kavanaugh. They're planning worse for Judge Barrett.

• Because she believes that unborn babies should be protected.
  • Because she believes that adoption is a worthy choice.
  • Because she believes in the teachings of Christ.
  • Because she believes in the Constitution as written.
  • Because, as a conservative, she believes in our country.

For all this, Amy Coney Barrett will be grievously abused by her political opponents and the grubby mainstream media. It's going to get seriously ugly.

God bless Judge Barrett. May she stay strong in her likely bid for the Supreme Court. And, if you could, Lord, please help the Senate Republicans grow a little spine. Sheesh!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2020/09/replacing_the_notorious_rbg_with_the_heavenly_acb.html

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
One thing to remember is that some of the Republicans have appointed staunchly conservative judges only to have them turn liberal the second they got appointed to the SCOTUS...
Same thing with Democrats... they've appointed judges that went all conservative when getting to the highest bench.

Now if by some chance Congress actually did their job and impeached Justices that created laws...the court would not be activist any longer.
And that overused Equal Protection clause and overused Interstate Commerce clause might see some contraction of what is allowed any more. (Which is how most abuses of Government are getting away with it)

I'm saying and will continue to say that sentencing guidelines are unconstitutional...
And Judges shouldn't write laws.

It's why we have the various checks and balances of Government.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Either way IMHO she needed to have been impeached for her conduct on the court. ...

... and certainly OFF THE COURT where she lambasted TRUMP,-- where she'd undoubtedly hear some case involving Trump in the Supreme Court. And where she seemingly would NEVER recuse herself, but instead carry her political missives into her judgement, the Dishonest Media DID and presumably still would remain SILENT, -- but excoriate a conservative for the same misbehavior.

And now that she's passed, all I can express is the same which I teach my innocent young grandchildren as we say farewell to their mother, saying: "Good bye and Good riddance!" -- This is until they get old enough to realize what they're saying. :rolleyes:

Bobby Jo

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian
There's still hope though.

We should remember Bob Marley gave his life to Jesus in his last days..

Just sayin, anything is possible.
I hope so, I remember mistaking Bob Marley's music for a God given peace, and thought surely he went to heaven. I was rebuked by the Holy Spirit, then did some research into him and found the false religion he propagated. Then understood why he would go to hell. Hopefully I didn't have the whole story.

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What kind of people speak evil of the dead so quickly? I am appalled by the bitterness and crudeness of people who call themselves Christians.

And I am appalled that you have the nerve to talk that way about your fellow brothers and sisters in Christ.

I do love ALL Christians...

I love you most of all. :) (of the ones that aren't in my biological or official adopted family)

You are making me feel sick. You are not sounding very much like a Christian. . . .

Neither are you.

You're back? I've had more than enough of you. I tried to think of something cheerful you said. I couldn't think of a single time. You thrive on negativity. Time to put you on ignore.

In the words of Michelle Tanner off of Full House,.. you've got a bad attitude.

Reactions: Bobby Jo and JohnDB

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I hope so, I remember mistaking Bob Marley's music for a God given peace, and thought surely he went to heaven. I was rebuked by the Holy Spirit, then did some research into him and found the false religion he propagated. Then understood why he would go to hell. Hopefully I didn't have the whole story.

Thought I would just share this with you, while I am still able to find it. With all these people trying to rewrite history, you can never be too sure how long something will stay on the internet these days.

Apparently the Rastas weren't too happy though when he became born again, this bit of history does get hidden.

Did Rastafarian spokesman Bob Marley become a Christian on his deathbed?

Reactions: JohnDB

K9Buck

Aug 18, 2020
central Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justice Ginsburg finally passed away, but not nearly soon enough to save the MILLIONS of murdered souls that she and those like her helped to eliminate in the womb.

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Justice Ginsburg finally passed away, but not nearly soon enough to save the MILLIONS of murdered souls that she and those like her helped to eliminate in the womb.

Even if they replace Ginsburg with a more conservative Justice...I don't think that they will have the votes to reverse the Roe vs Wade decision.
Or the Gay marriage mandate...
Or repair private property protections.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Even if they replace Ginsburg with a more conservative Justice...I don't think that they will have the votes to reverse the Roe vs Wade decision.

Here's an interesting look at recent votes, going by the last vote on an abortion issue, it appears if the right judge is chosen, they may just have the numbers to be able to reverse the Roe V Wade vote.

The big issues Trump's Supreme Court handled

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here's an interesting look at recent votes, going by the last vote on an abortion issue, it appears if the right judge is chosen, they may just have the numbers to be able to reverse the Roe V Wade vote.

The big issues Trump's Supreme Court handled
Roberts was the surprise vote...

The LGBTQ rights though are another matter...
Again the problem is activism.
We need the courts to stop making laws.

That's the whole issue.
We need the legislative branch to make the laws and not the courts.

Courts don't have the ability to craft nuances into legislation in the same manner as a legislative body.
The courts can only legislate with a hammer and not a scalpel. Which is why it's not a good idea.

Reactions: Bobby Jo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Some Unconstitutional Laws, just never seem to be put in their proper place...Burned with the Trash.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: JohnDB

JohnDB

Feb 7, 2010
TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Some Unconstitutional Laws, just never seem to be put in their proper place...Burned with the Trash.

Glory to God,
Taken

We have a huge inconsistentcy in the law currently and it can't be fixed by the courts.

If a drunk driver causes a pregnant woman and her fetus to die in an automobile accident he is charged with multiple murder...he can get the death penalty for that.

But if a woman gets a late term abortion because the child has some kind of defect it's perfectly acceptable... regardless of what the father wants.

Not cool...not consistent.

Josho

Millennial Christian
Staff member
Jul 19, 2015
The Land of Aus
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Roberts was the surprise vote...

The LGBTQ rights though are another matter...
Again the problem is activism.
We need the courts to stop making laws.

That's the whole issue.
We need the legislative branch to make the laws and not the courts.

Courts don't have the ability to craft nuances into legislation in the same manner as a legislative body.
The courts can only legislate with a hammer and not a scalpel. Which is why it's not a good idea.

Here in Australia laws can vary state by state, but there are also federal laws, either way they are usually debated on in parliament before different laws get through or don't make it through and majority wins in parliament.

There was the rare occasion though, when same-sex marriage was passed, they handed a plebiscite to the Australian people to vote on, and roughly about 61% of people voted yes to legalize it and 39% voted no, and then it was handed back to the politicians to finalize, I think most promised to vote what the people in their electorate voted for, and a few went their own way, Scott Morrison walked out and didn't vote. They didn't do a full referendum because I think it was going to cost too much.

Reactions: APAK and JohnDB

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We have a huge inconsistentcy in the law currently and it can't be fixed by the courts.

If a drunk driver causes a pregnant woman and her fetus to die in an automobile accident he is charged with multiple murder...he can get the death penalty for that.

But if a woman gets a late term abortion because the child has some kind of defect it's perfectly acceptable... regardless of what the father wants.

Not cool...not consistent.

That's the Result of a Court of men Attempting to meddle in Gods Creation.

The Individual Life of an Individual Begins when it is Born Alive.

John 3:
[7] Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.

Clearly reveals: ^ A first Birth occurs, Before a Born Again Birth can occur.

A person involved in a Traffic Accident, that results in the Death of a Pregnant woman.
One Living person has died, and "Accident", reveals, the Intent to kill, is Void.
(And stupidly, a person enraged Or high on drugs, stands in Judgement, of receiving a lesser sentence).

Abortion, IMO, is not up to a Court.
Being the consequence, A Judgment call BY God, toward the Woman. (Whatever God Decides)...
And no doubt the Woman herself, will have to bare the burden of her own feelings about her decision, for the remainder of her life.
(And to note: I do not believe ANY Physician should BE Lawfully Forced to perform Abortions.
And those Physicians WHO Choose to do so, again, like the Woman, they have to bare the burden of their own acts).

The WHOLE point of Liberty...
Is that individual's can Freely Make their own Choices...and individually be Accountable for their own choices.

(Did you ever see the movie...
"Minority Report" ?
It's a future setting in DC, yr. 2054,
Whereby psychics reveal people "who WILL Commit crimes". So, they are "eliminated", "to PREVENT, the supposed crime," a Psychic says they Will Commit!
IMO...That appears to be in the works now, along with "elimination" measures, for others who are determined, a menace and useless. Elderly, imbeciles, new borns, independent thinkers, etc.

Glory to God,
Taken