Sabbath 2-14-2015 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Wray “Five Things God Cannot Do” Jer. 32;17

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Miz KJV Only

Oct 20, 2021
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sabbath 2-14-2015 Daytona Seventh Day BAPTIST Pastor Wray “Five Things God Cannot Do” Jer. 32;17, 27; Lev. 11;42, I Sam. 2:2, Hab. 1:13, Prov. 6:16-19, Heb.9:27, John 4:16, Gen. 3:21, Heb. 10:4, John 3:18, Romans 10:9-10

There is a children’s song named “My God is So Big”. It repeatedly says “My God is so big, so strong and so mighty that there is nothing my God can’t do”. “There is nothing my God can’t do” gets repeated thru out the song. There is a truth in this song. God Himself says in Jeremiah 3:26 that He is God and nothing is too hard for Him to do. Our God is a big God but there are some things that He cannot do.

1) God Cannot Sin:

He is pure and spotless. God is Holy, righteous, without spot and He cannot sin. Lev. 11:42. God is Holy. I Sam. 2:2. No one is holy like the Lord. When we are dealing with God, we are not dealing with a mere man. God has never allowed sin to enter into His life or to alter His character. Hab. 1:13. God has pure eyes that can’t look at evil and iniquity with favor. He cannot approve of wickedness. God does not like to look at sin because He is Pure and Holy.

2) God Cannot Lie:

There are seven things that God cannot stand and one of these is lying. The scripture tells us that God hates lying. Prov. 6:16-19. In this scripture lying is mentioned twice as something God hates. “A lying tongue and a false witness” are the two times lying is mentioned. God Himself would not lie because He hates lying. God is pure, has no lying tongue and no false statements can come from His lips. No deceit is found in God’s heart! Therefore, all that God has said in His Word is true! His promises we can count on and depend on. God is not like a man that will change his mind. The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Truth and God is Truth. God is not a liar and He will never lie to you. One of the characteristics of God is that He is always truthful. Jesus said “I am the way, the truth and the life, no man cometh to the Father but by Me”. God is Truth.

3) God Cannot Ignore Sin:

The scriptures are clear that God cannot ignore sin and that sin bothers Him quite a bit. Our sin can’t be hid in a closet and God can’t just ignore it. Heb. 9:27. It is appointed for men to die once and after this, the judgment. God cannot undo our sinful deeds. God cannot unsay our mean words. God cannot unthink our sinful thoughts and God cannot ignore our sin. God does not just sweep our sins under the rug! He does not just hide them in a closet! God does not just pretend that they are not there. God looks at our sins square in the face and He deals with them. When Adam & Eve did their first sin, God went looking for them to confront them. God asked them a series of questions about their sin. God always confronts sin and doesn’t ignore it.

Sin is like a cancer in our lives that will eat us alive! It must be removed and dealt with or it will kill us! The Bible says the wages of sin is death. Sin will kill you if it is not dealt with. God does not ignore your spiritual cancer, your sin, but deals with it. The wages of sin is death but the gift of God is eternal life thru Jesus our Lord. The most important word in this scripture is “but”. You are sick and dying. Your sins are killing you…but…. But God can heal you. He steps in to cure you. You have one foot in the grave…..but… God sends in His expert physician to heal you, to fix you up and to make you well. The physician is Jesus Christ. Jesus said “It is not those who are healthy that need a physician but those who are sick”. Sick with sin in their lives.

4) God Cannot Save Us Apart From the Sacrifice of Jesus:

God’s plan to save you is through His Son Jesus Christ. There is NO plan B. Jesus is the answer. John 14:6. Jesus says “I am the way…no man comes to the Father but by Me”. This verse makes it quite plain. There is no salvation outside of Jesus Christ. God doesn’t ignore our sin and it must be dealt with. Jesus came to deal with our sins. When Adam & Eve sinned, they tried to cover themselves, their nakedness, with fig leaves. This was a feeble attempt by them to deal with their sin. God confronted them first and then stepped in and helped them by covering their nakedness with animal skins. Genesis 3:21. God made them clothes out of animal skins to cover their nakedness.

This was the first animal sacrifice for sin when these animals were killed because Adam & Eve had sinned. The system of sacrifice for sins was set up by God to cover the sins of the people. The book of Hebrews tells us that it is impossible for the blood of bulls and goats to take away sin. Heb. 10:4. A perfect sacrifice was needed and this sacrifice was Jesus. Jesus became the perfect sacrifice for us and gave His life so we may have life. It is impossible to be saved outside of Jesus. He who believes in Jesus is not judged. He who does not believe had been judged already. John 3:18. Jesus is God’s one and ONLY plan to save people. Period!

5) God Cannot Save Those Who Refuse To Believe:

In Romans it says that if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. Romans 10:9-10. Your salvation is dependent on what you do with Jesus. The Bible tells us that you must confess Jesus as Lord. You must believe that God raised Him from the dead. If you do this, the promise is made that you will be saved! Not might be. If you believe this, the Bible says that you will be saved. Period! There should be no shadow of doubt in your mind because God always keeps His promises. Remember God cannot lie. Our salvation depends on our relationship with Jesus. We must believe in Him so we will have life. Folks, if we are unwilling to come to Christ, we are going to die. The beautiful part is that God can save us if we trust in Jesus Christ. The decision to accept salvation is in our hands.

AMEN