Sabbath Issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Yahweh Almighty God commanded Israel to observe HIS, Sabbath Day-- not theirs.
Mark 2:27....
Then he said to them: The Sabbath came into existence for the sake of man, and not man for the sake of the Sabbath."
It was for their benefit, not God's.

Sure, who disputed?
Are we shifting the goals posts now....?

Now note YOUR, OWN, SUNDAY-worshipping 'argument'! It maintains that no Commandment in the New Testament commands the People of God to keep the Sabbath. OK. Then why in the beginning would a Command or Commandment from God have been necessary for the People of God to keep the Sabbath? Would not God's creation-gift of the Seventh Day be incentive enough, especially SINCE GOD USED IT UNTO MAN'S GOOD and salvation through Jesus Christ ultimately?
If there is no command to do it, that is going “beyond what is written”. (1 Corinthians 4:6)
There is no command to observe the Sabbath because, like circumcision, it was only for the Jews.
Sunday is not the Jewish Sabbath anyway. Roman Catholicism made Sunday the “Christian Sabbath” so that the pagans would feel right at home continuing to honour their sun god on that day. When you dress paganism up to look like Christianity, God is not fooled.....even though humans might be.

We are not at liberty to make up our own celebrations......like Israel’s worship of the golden calf was called a “festival to Jehovah” and yet it was just the opposite. God had the offenders put to death. Thereafter no celebration was permitted without God’s authorisation and without him outlining every detail. He outlined no Sabbath observance for Gentiles. Jews could still observe it if they wished, but it was not a command under the new covenant.

I notice that all of Christendom’s churches like to add things that are not in the Bible.....they add to God’s word by adopting pagan customs and celebrations as if Christians were somehow benefitted by their observance.....Christmas for example...and Easter.....neither are Christian celebrations but originally held in honour of other gods.....Christendom clings to them as if Christ commanded them.

The way the world celebrates these things is offensive to God and his Christ....like Halloween, the dark side is manifest even if the participants do not engage in the demonic parts.....it’s still a satanic event, very important to satan worshippers. We are not to touch those unclean things. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
No. No jackal in there.

Go ahead and look it up in Strong's. Start with the next verse I posted. Job 30:29

I'll give you a hint: It means dragon which meant dinosaur before 1842.

Learning is fun. :)
Click on the link you provided here....

Learning IS fun as long as what you learn is accurate.

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Click on the link you provided here....

Learning IS fun as long as what you learn is accurate.
That's not Strong's Concordance. Google Strong's Concordance and learn what that is as well. We're gonna learn you somethin' YET, Aunty!

Strong's tells you exactly what the word used there (no matter what word is used there) means in the original Biblical language. And it means dragon, lady.

Bless ya. ;)

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's not Strong's Concordance. Google Strong's Concordance and learn what that is as well. We're gonna learn you somethin' YET, Aunty!
Well, you can try....not having much success so far.....
wacko

"Strong’s Definitions [?](Strong’s Definitions Legend)

תַּן tan, tan; from an unused root probably meaning to elongate; a monster (as preternaturally formed...meaning "existing outside of nature · 2 : exceeding what is natural or regular"), i.e. a sea-serpent (or other huge marine animal); also a jackal (or other hideous land animal):—dragon, whale. Compare H8577.
"

"The KJV translates Strong's H8565 in the following manner: whale (1x)."

Sorry, not convinced. If your beloved KJV says a "whale" is a dragon, then I think you need to re-evaluate your understanding.

There are no real dragons in the Bible.....they are figurative creatures, not real. There are no dinosaurs in the Bible either, but it stands to reason that they, along with many other flying creatures land animals were created on the fifth day and possibly into the sixth.

Since I do not believe that the creative days were mere 24 hour periods (and the Bible indicates that they were not).....then there is nothing to suggest that humans and the extinct dinosaurs ever existed together on this earth. Would God have put his human creation at risk of being trodden on by a monsterous creature that was apparently created for a purpose but no longer needed closer to the completion of his task.

Mythology might suggest a lot of things...but the Bible doesn't.

Strong's tells you exactly what the word used there (no matter what word is used there) means in the original Biblical language. And it means dragon, lady.
Nah sorry....doesn't wash....best you go whistle 'Dixie' to someone else....
whistling

DuckieLady

Jan 8, 2021
Midwest-ish
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope Dragon.
Strong's Concordance
Job 30:29

to jackals,
לְתַנִּ֑ים (lə·ṯan·nîm)
Preposition-l | Noun - common plural
Strong's Hebrew 8577: 1) dragon, serpent, sea monster 1a) dragon or dinosaur 1b) sea or river monster 1c) serpent, venomous snake

It's dragon for every verse I posted in #183.

The Sabbath is possibly the most important commitment a Christian can make to the Lord. It is a day that was so special and important to God Almighty that He blessed the Sabbath day and sanctified it, that is - set it apart as very special among all the other days of the week. When we align ourselves with that day, we are aligning ourselves with an actual time period that is blessed. It's almost like a separate dimension that God has made holy for those who choose to worship and honor Him from sundown to sundown on that day.
Sabbath-Main-Title-600x0-c-default.jpg

Dragon was the English word used for "dinosaur."

The word "dinosaur" didn't come around until 1842.
WORD ‘DINOSAUR’ INVENTED IN 1842 BY RICHARD OWEN – Evolution is a Myth

(btw I believe leviathan was a fire breathing dragon for multiple both Biblical and historical reasons)

Edit: I had not read far back enough to realize you already said that, so I apologize...

Ill just..

Here.

@GEN2REV was right about that piece

Last edited:
Reactions: GEN2REV

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Mark 2:27....
Then he said to them: The Sabbath came into existence for the sake of man, and not man for the sake of the Sabbath."
It was for their benefit, not God's.

So the atoning and triumphant victory over sin and death of Jesus Christ by having RAISED FROM THE DEAD -- "on the Sabbath", to you is not <for God's benefit>! OK... i can understand it coming from you.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
If there is no command to do it, that is going “beyond what is written”. (1 Corinthians 4:6)
There is no command to observe the Sabbath because, like circumcision, it was only for the Jews.
Aren't you getting tired bored and ashamed of going on forever with this bull dust talk of yours?
You are NOT an imbecile!

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Sunday is not the Jewish Sabbath anyway. Roman Catholicism made Sunday the “Christian Sabbath” so that the pagans would feel right at home continuing to honour their sun god on that day. When you dress paganism up to look like Christianity, God is not fooled.....even though humans might be.

We are not at liberty to make up our own celebrations......like Israel’s worship of the golden calf was called a “festival to Jehovah” and yet it was just the opposite. God had the offenders put to death. Thereafter no celebration was permitted without God’s authorisation and without him outlining every detail. He outlined no Sabbath observance for Gentiles. Jews could still observe it if they wished, but it was not a command under the new covenant.

I notice that all of Christendom’s churches like to add things that are not in the Bible.....they add to God’s word by adopting pagan customs and celebrations as if Christians were somehow benefitted by their observance.....Christmas for example...and Easter.....neither are Christian celebrations but originally held in honour of other gods.....Christendom clings to them as if Christ commanded them.

The way the world celebrates these things is offensive to God and his Christ....like Halloween, the dark side is manifest even if the participants do not engage in the demonic parts.....it’s still a satanic event, very important to satan worshippers. We are not to touch those unclean things. (2 Corinthians 6:14-18)

Speak of <shifting the goals posts now>!
Do you believe the day the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD or do you not believe it!

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
So the atoning and triumphant victory over sin and death of Jesus Christ by having RAISED FROM THE DEAD -- "on the Sabbath", to you is not <for God's benefit>! OK... i can understand it coming from you.
Whoa there....what the heck....?
hypno

Where will I find Jesus being raised on the Sabbath? He died and was placed in a tomb before sunset on Friday...Sabbath was Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset, and he was raised in the early hours of Sunday morning. Three days in his tomb as he said.
What on earth are you talking about? Sunday was not the Jewish Sabbath.

Aren't you getting tired bored and ashamed of going on forever with this bull dust talk of yours?
You are NOT an imbecile!
I am beginning to wonder about you though....
palm

Speak of <shifting the goals posts now>!
Do you believe the day the Seventh Day Sabbath OF THE LORD GOD or do you not believe it!
Let's get this straight.....the seventh day of the week.....please look at you calendar and tell me what day that is......

The seventh day Sabbath for the Jews was Saturday, and yes all Jews were commanded to observe the Sabbath, which they still do.It was never a command for Gentiles.

Why would you ask such a ridiculous question? Do you honestly believe that Christendom observes a genuine Sabbath on the wrong day of the week? Do they observe it like the Jews do? I think you must be kidding....
Have you read about the Sabbath observance and what it entailed? Have you ever asked a Jewish person what is required to observe the Sabbath? I think not.

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Female logic struck again! This just after your anti-Scripture tirade just before... incredible. Paul o Paul, the women just won't obey like they should. Methinks them dinosaurs of yonder are still with us here down under.
So this is all you got? Misogynist much?
zip
You should be ashamed of yourself.
palm

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Whoa there....what the heck....?
hypno

Where will I find Jesus being raised on the Sabbath? He died and was placed in a tomb before sunset on Friday...Sabbath was Friday at sunset to Saturday at sunset, and he was raised in the early hours of Sunday morning. Three days in his tomb as he said.
What on earth are you talking about? Sunday was not the Jewish Sabbath.

You and I contributed to this thread? I think before this one in others too? You have not found where IN SCRIPTURE WITH SCRIPTURE FROM SCRIPTURE, <Jesus being raised on the Sabbath>? Are you blind, can't you read, HOW HAVE YOU NOT?!
Incredible.
<He died and was placed in a tomb before sunset on Friday.>?
<He died .. on Friday>?
<He died and was placed in a tomb before sunset>?

EASY while you hear yourself. How about hearing Scripture for a change? Big mouth little low ears seeing blind uni-eye.

From the first to “the third day according to the Scriptures”. . .

. . . the first day, 14 Nisan, “Preparation of the Passover”, Thursday, begins :
Evening” – Preparation for, and the Lord’s Supper

Mk.14:12, 17, Lk.22:7, 14, Jn.13:1-17:26

Night” – Anguish, Betrayal, Denial

Mt.12:40, Mk.14:26-42, Jn.18:1-27
Early” – Trial, Delivered, Way to Cross

Jn.18:28-19:22
Middle Day – Crucifixion, Mocking, Darkness,
Mk.15:25, 29, 33, Jn.19:23-29
The ninth hour”, Afternoon – Died, Deserted

Mt.27:46, Jn.19:30, Lk.23:48

. . . the second day, 15 Nisan, Passover Feast, “The Fore-Sabbath”, Friday, begins:
Evening” – Jews, “after this”, Joseph

Jn.19:31-40, Mk.15:42, Mt.27:57, Lk.23:52;

Night” – Took the body down, prepared
Mk.15:42-46b, Mt.27:58-59, Lk.23:53a Jn.19:32-40

Afternoon” – Buried
Mk.15:46c-47, Mt.27:60-61, Lk.23:53b-56b, Jn.19:41-42
. . . “the third day, 16 Nisan, First Sheaf Wave Offering, “Sabbath”, begins :
Began to rest
Lukas 23:56c
Sabbath”,

Morning next day Guard
Only
Mt.27:62-66

Afternoon” – Resurrected
Only
Matthew 28:1-4
Only Mark 16:1

Early of darkness still”, first sight of opened grave
Only
John 20:1-2

Last edited:

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
So this is all you got? Misogynist much?
zip
You should be ashamed of yourself.

I love my women, wife (one forever), two daughters, five granddaughters - most beautiful most intelligent, most LOVING, MENSA mense -- and one son MENSA stuff as well.

Nota bene

If I missed Scripture, Please show where; If I added to Scripture, please highlight and show. If I twisted Scripture, please BLAST IT HERE! If you have SCRIPTURE relevant, place here! Now's your chance to shame me; you'll never find it anywhere else!

Last edited: