Sabbath Issues

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Saturday 12-25-21 Tevet 20, 5782 7th. day of the weekly cycle, 5th. Winter Day

I Posted this 6-11-19

Is there anyone that keeps The Sabbath Day Holy, from Sunset on the 6th.Day/Friday until The ending of The 7th. Day at Sunset, on Saturday by The Gregorian Calendar.

If so being on one accord for that event to happen, We want to thank God for your Faith in doing just that as a start to perfection. Every Sabbath , Sabbath Scriptures: About Sabbath Scriptures , Sabbath Day In The KJV

Sabbath Day, Please Read all.

Sabbaths , Judging one another about the Sabbath .

I have reason to believe of the above study, that The Sabbaths and the Feast Days/Holy Convocations goes together for his/Jesus customs as him and The Apostles, went in the synagogues. Luke 4:16 , Acts 17:2

Acts 17:2

Righteousness is a position. When you become saved you are considered in right standing with God. ... Holiness is the quality of being holy, a life that is full of godly character. Righteousness is to be upright in God, to be blamless. A righteousness man is also a holy man, both of them work together.

Ephesians 4 KJV

LOL, Walter and Debbie

Last edited:

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Remember when Jesus was accused of breaking the law by healing on the Sabbath?
John 5:17
I beleive this is the most amazing and stunning of all the recorded sayings of Jesus but most people don't understand it any better than the Pharisees did at the time.
If God has been working UNTIL NOW then He has not rested and the Sabbath has not yet happened!
We can join Him in His rest which will be the millennial reign established by Jesus at His return by following Him now!
2 Peter 3:8
Hebrews 4:9

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember when Jesus was accused of breaking the law by healing on the Sabbath?
John 5:17
I beleive this is the most amazing and stunning of all the recorded sayings of Jesus but most people don't understand it any better than the Pharisees did at the time.
If God has been working UNTIL NOW then He has not rested and the Sabbath has not yet happened!
We can join Him in His rest which will be the millennial reign established by Jesus at His return by following Him now!
2 Peter 3:8
Hebrews 4:9
Interesting

Walter

Reactions: Heart2Soul

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you sure about that?

"And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."
Genesis 2:2-3

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Are you sure about that?

"And on the seventh day God ended His work which He had done, and He rested on the seventh day from all His work which He had done. Then God blessed the seventh day and sanctified it, because in it He rested from all His work which God had created and made."
Genesis 2:2-3
I'm pretty sure. Why does that day not have an evening and morning like the other days?

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Also, how can creation be complete when we are not in the image of God?
What are they then? Literal days doesn't make sense
You're doing a whole lot of questioning God. You're not questioning me.

Really, it's a question of Faith.

The Bible is God's Word, not GEN2REV's word. If you don't like or don't agree with what He has said in His Word, that's between you and Him.

How does it not make sense? If God says a thing is a certain way, ... that's the way it is.

Explain how it doesn't make sense.

ETA: If you embrace evolution and science, you've got a long way to go.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
ETA: If you embrace evolution and science, you've got a long way to go.
For the record I entirely "embrace" evolution and science and I don't think there is any conflict. I don't thnk that's really the point of this thread though.
And, yes, I have a very long way to go but I take it a step at a time :)

Reactions: amadeus

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For the record I entirely "embrace" evolution and science and I don't think there is any conflict. I don't thnk that's really the point of this thread though.
And, yes, I have a very long way to go but I take it a step at a time :)
Did you not care to respond to any other parts of my post?

It's curious that you seem to want to appear to be a New Member and be treated like you're new and kinda play dumb and all, but at the same time you quote lots of scripture and act as if you know the Bible well. Then you adamantly claim to embrace Evolution and Science as if you've never read a word of scripture.

So, which is it? Are you New to Christianity and the Bible, or are you here just professing to be a Christian while intending to discredit and demean Christianity?

Are you here to defend Christ and His Word or are you here to find fault and contradiction in the Bible and the Faith?

The latter is something we like to call a Wolf around here.

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not really.
It's curious that you seem to want to appear to be a New Member and be treated like you're new and kinda play dumb and all, but at the same time you quote lots of scripture and act as if you know the Bible well. Then you adamantly claim to embrace Evolution and Science as if you've never read a word of scripture.
Sorry about that.
So, which is it? Are you New to Christianity and the Bible, or are you here just professing to be a Christian while intending to discredit and demean Christianity?
Neither.
Luckily I'm on the other side of the pond from you so call me a sheep in wolf's clothing if you like.
Happy New Year!

Reactions: amadeus

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Are you here to defend Christ and His Word or are you here to find fault and contradiction in the Bible and the Faith?

I will elaborate though.
As I said before I don't think this is the right thread to be discussing anything other than what the originator meant, if you want to start your own I will happily reply there.
You don't own Christianity and just because you have numbers on your side where you are doesn't mean you're right.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not really.

Sorry about that.

Neither.

Luckily I'm on the other side of the pond from you so call me a sheep in wolf's clothing if you like.
Happy New Year!
So you're 52, you profess to be a Christian, you adamantly "embrace" evolution and science and claim they seamlessly coincide with scripture, you ask a few questions in this thread pertaining to the Bible - yet you don't care to discuss one bit of it.

Sounds like a modern Christian to me. You did it! Congrats.:)

strobe

May 11, 2020
Gateshead
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
So you're 52, you profess to be a Christian, you adamantly "embrace" evolution and science and claim they seamlessly coincide with scripture, you ask a few questions in this thread pertaining to the Bible - yet you don't care to discuss one bit of it.
I don't think my age has much to do with anything.
If you're referring to my question about being in the image of God, you didn't answer it. I don't see how we can be in the image of God and I don't believe we are and won't be until God completes His creation and I don't think God will have completed His creation until Jesus returns at the end of the sixth day which is imminent.

Last edited:

GEN2REV

May 12, 2021
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't think my age has much to do with anything.
Your age is a factor. If it's your real age, then you aren't some young person, fresh out of the public indoctrination system, made to memorize and regurgitate a whole lot of nonsense about mankind coming from monkeys and caves, you've had many years to think for yourself - if you so chose to - and somewhere along the way absorbed a bit of knowledge of the Bible, yet still somehow hold fast to the nonsense you were brainwashed to believe in grade school.

How do you discover God, decide you are a Christian, learn a lot about the Bible and not sense something wrong with the modern take on the origins of mankind? If there is a sincere stirring inside you for God Almighty, there must be a discomfort within your spirit about the generic history that's been spoonfed to you by those who clearly couldn't care less about the well being of the public at large.
strobe said:
If you're referring to my question about being in the image of God, you didn't answer it. I don't see how we can be in the image of God and I don't believe we are and won't be until God completes His creation and I don't think God will have completed His creation until Jesus returns at the end of the sixth day which is imminent.
And you've completely deaf-eared the information that was presented to you already. Another blight on your credibility as a sincere individual here.

People that are sincerely here to discuss God and the Bible don't brute their way into the crowd with blinders on and earplugs in while spouting their propaganda about the Bible not making sense.

So what's your real purpose here?