Sacred Cows

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1. Entertainment

2. Private Ownership

3. Consumption

4. Accumulation of Wealth

5. Moral Disdain for the Poor

6. Work-alcoholism

7. Misplaced Faith in our False Selves

8. Exaltation of Celebrates

9. Exceptionalism

10. Gnosticism

11. Emotionalism

12. Dualism

Prophets of the OT told the hard truth about the land and culture they lived in and they paid the price for it. I believe we need to take a look at our own sacred cows rather than our neighbors and commit to turning them over to God. Will you accept the challenge? Shoot the messenger? Rationalize the behavior you see in yourself by naming the hypocrisy you see all around you?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Living in the community according to the Spirit will take care of most of those in a very short time. Body life replaces the individualistic pursuits that stain the church.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Living in the community according to the Spirit will take care of most of those in a very short time. Body life replaces the individualistic pursuits that stain the church.

Tell me more.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Tell me more.

Christianity was never meant as a religion of personal salvation. How could we learn to lay down our lives for the brethren? How could we be knit together in love and perfect unity? So when we are born from above we are to seek to enter into the fellowship of the Spirit with others who are from heaven...thus becoming a light in this world. I am certainly not speaking of the religion of Christianity that holds a 1 hour service a week. The word for fellowship (Koinonea) means partnership and intercourse...as in we are married one to another...partners in everything we do. So we have all our posessions in common...reaching out to a world that is in darkness. Is this type of community optional? Well not for those who would attain the full stature of Christ. Without what the body supplies we cannot grow to any sufficient stature to change the world. Only as we gather together (permanently) will Christ become the Head and lead His church to victory over the world.

A true Christian does not belong to this world. We recognize each other through the life that is within. Unless we love the way Jesus loved we have not done anything yet.