Salvation by Faith Alone?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
There are no works that can save you. We are all saved by the Grace of GodWe can accept that grace through faith or reject it this is because we have free willOur works do not come into real play until the Millieum age they are our cloths so to speak also if one does not choose by Faith to follow Christ in this age they will have to be tested again when Satan is loosed for a short time after the milliuem then they will be judgedby their works as Grace will no longer be in effect.

Squeak

Nov 13, 2007
Hi Kriss,Thank you. I agree with you. We either have faith and accept God's Grace or we reject it.I was just trying to figure out what "works" meant in Goldy's beliefs. What his definition of "works" is that he believes need to be done in order to be saved? I'm not really sure what he means, so I was hoping for clarification on what his definition of "works" is? Are there specific tasks that he believes humans need to complete before we are able to be saved? What specifically are the tasks that are supposedly required then?

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
(kriss;23667)
There are no works that can save you. We are all saved by the Grace of GodWe can accept that grace through faith or reject it this is because we have free willOur works do not come into real play until the Millieum age they are our cloths so to speak also if one does not choose by Faith to follow Christ in this age they will have to be tested again when Satan is loosed for a short time after the milliuem then they will be judgedby their works as Grace will no longer be in effect.
Man does not have a freewill , only Gods will is free, because he is Sovereign , man is not his will is subject to and subservient to Gods will..:naughty:

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(savedbygrace57;23670)
Man does not have a freewill , only Gods will is free, because he is Sovereign , man is not his will is subject to and subservient to Gods will..:naughty:
Then what is the point of Christ as Saviour of the world (John 4:42, I John 4:14) if mankind does not have a free will?Jag

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(savedbygrace57;23670)
Thats the calvinist viewpoint and its not what the plan of God is without free will there is no need for this age or for us to be hereabove all God wants our love God knows love is not real if not given of ones own free will forced love isnt Love at all. So without free will there would just be God deciding who was worthy and who wasnt and would make our being in the flesh have no purpose. The only time mans will is subservient to God is when the person turns it over to him of thier own fre will or God has a set purpose in mind.

savedbygrace57

Nov 15, 2007
(kriss;23681)
Thats the calvinist viewpoint and its not what the plan of God is without free will there is no need for this age or for us to be hereabove all God wants our love God knows love is not real if not given of ones own free will forced love isnt Love at all. So without free will there would just be God deciding who was worthy and who wasnt and would make our being in the flesh have no purpose. The only time mans will is subservient to God is when the person turns it over to him of thier own fre will or God has a set purpose in mind.
Man is here to fulfill Gods purpose, thats it..this is His world...