Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Benjamin731

Jan 1, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) You have no righteousness, of your own.

This is why God came here to die on the Cross.

2.) You can't work your way into heaven..

Thousands who tried that all their lives, died today and tomorrow, and went to hell.
Try telling that to pope francis and the seventy percent of christendom that now believes
GOD is fine with all paths and religoins so long as you have some lovey and do some good works .
Talk about a delusion . The scary thing is more of christendom daily is taking this bait .
The jailor asked a serious and dire question . And folks better believe the answer that paul and silas gave him .
So here goes .
SIRS what must i do to be SAVED . Answer , BELIEVE YE IN JESUS CHRIST . Salvation is A GIFT from GOD
And FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST . Folks better learn that real fast .
Do you realize there are folks, WITHIN CHRISTENDOM, that actually teach you cannot know for SURE that you are saved .
SCHREECH the brakes . IF we cannot know we are saved by JESUS CHRIST ALONE , then what on earth are we trusting in
to assure us of salvation . IF we cannot trust in CHRIST ALONE , we have a HUGE PROBLEM , OUR faith is in dire trouble .
BUT WE BETTER KNOW its the JESUS OF THE BIBLE we both know and believe in . Cause on that note
there are also far too many that holler his name and yet they follow and love this other jesus . That one cant save .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can work their way to heaven, and no one gets to heaven without works.
No one can work their way to heaven . SPOT ON RIGHT . And the reason why many who even profess to know CHRIST
will be told i never knew ya , IS CAUSE they never truly submitted to GOD to CHRIST . they followed a jesus
who contradicted THE JESUS of the bible . WHO even said , IF a man hears my sayings and does them not , HE HAD NO FOUNDATION .
Too many have what is known as dead faith . IT aint even real . cause GOD changes hearts
and we would LOVE what is good and flee what is evil . WE WOULD have good works . FOR the SPIRIT WORKS in us
that which is well pleasing TO GOD . AND as you know , SIN AINT WELL pleasing to GOD . Yet many just sin and sin
and holler we are saved , GOD IS LOVE . I think folks forget it was PAUL himself who agreed with what JAMES said .
WHO we serve , who we obey IS WHOSE we are . I think folks dont realize just how true that is .
Paul , when writing to christains also said , IF one provides not , A DOING ACTION , for his own
and specially for those of his own household , HE has DENIED THE FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
WORSE than even an infidel . We know infidels dont believe in Christ .
SO what could be worse than even that , ONE WHO CLAIMS HIM YET DENIES HIM . That is worse .
Time we open bibles and learn all that JESUS taught , embracing it all , embracing all things the apostels also left us .
Embracing ALL sound biblical doctrine .

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one can work their way to heaven . SPOT ON RIGHT . And the reason why many who even profess to know CHRIST
will be told i never knew ya , IS CAUSE they never truly submitted to GOD to CHRIST . they followed a jesus
who contradicted THE JESUS of the bible . WHO even said , IF a man hears my sayings and does them not , HE HAD NO FOUNDATION .
Too many have what is known as dead faith . IT aint even real . cause GOD changes hearts
and we would LOVE what is good and flee what is evil . WE WOULD have good works . FOR the SPIRIT WORKS in us
that which is well pleasing TO GOD . AND as you know , SIN AINT WELL pleasing to GOD . Yet many just sin and sin
and holler we are saved , GOD IS LOVE . I think folks forget it was PAUL himself who agreed with what JAMES said .
WHO we serve , who we obey IS WHOSE we are . I think folks dont realize just how true that is .
Paul , when writing to christains also said , IF one provides not , A DOING ACTION , for his own
and specially for those of his own household , HE has DENIED THE FAITH and is worse than an infidel .
WORSE than even an infidel . We know infidels dont believe in Christ .
SO what could be worse than even that , ONE WHO CLAIMS HIM YET DENIES HIM . That is worse .
Time we open bibles and learn all that JESUS taught , embracing it all , embracing all things the apostels also left us .
Embracing ALL sound biblical doctrine .
Preach it brother.

Reactions: amigo de christo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
View attachment 27218

Grace vs. works has been a debate for centuries. Man feels compelled to earn salvation on the basis of works. Because salvation by works appeals to man’s sinful nature, it forms the basis of almost every religion. What does the Bible say?

Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?
I don’t believe the DEBATE is “grace vs works”....BUT RATHER
* Work vs Work(S).

The Highlight “WORK” of a man that “God Requires”.....IS “NATURAL HEARTFUL BELIEF”.
(Natural MEANING....while alive in your natural born Flesh Body.)

The Highlight “WORK(S)” of a man that “Men Squabble (debate, accuse, demand)” .... IS “NATURAL BEHAVIORS (Relationships) between and among men”.

The Highlight of Gods Required “WORK(BELIEF) of a man .... IS “EXPRESSLY about a mans NATURAL BEHAVIOR (Relationship) between that ONE man and God.”

WORKS of a man (BELIEF IN the Lord God), without FAITH....is DEAD.
WHAT IS FAITH?
....HOW THEN does a man GAIN FAITH?

FAITH is a GIFT from God....
FOR WHAT?
* FOR HEARING the “WORD of God”....and BELIEVING “His WORD”.
Reflect on the lessons Jesus spoke and taught to His Disciples/Crowds.
Reflect on the REACTIONS of Jesus’ Disciples/Crowds.
....The Disciples/Crowds were “babes, new, STUDENTS”...
* They Heard, They Believed, They Doubted, They Wondered, They Denied...
* They Vacillated.....and ?

* FEW (men of the listening crowds)...Continued HEARING, Continued BELIEVING;
* MANY (men of the listening crowds)...Rejected HEARING, Rejected BELIEVING;

* NOTHING New, from the Day Jesus was present ON this Earth, TO this Day.
** Men HEAR, believe, doubt, wonder, deny, VACILLATE.
** FEW continue....and MANY reject.

Men WHO Hear, (freely land on BELIEF), continue....
ARE THEY WHO, BEGIN and CONTINUE receiving Gods GIFT of FAITH.
Men WHO (freely REJECT BELIEF), deny...
ARE THEY WHO, WALK AWAY and do NOT receiving Gods GIFT of FAITH.

( Gods Gift of FAITH IS GIVEN “in MEASURES”....
BELIEVE “a little”, receive “little measures of Gods Gift of Faith
INCREASE BELIEF, receive “INCREASE of Gods Gift of Faith”)

Believe, Believe, Believe.........(AND THEN....
BECOME “INFLUENCED” (BY THE WORLD...ie; Wicked powerful men...ie; Evil powerful spirits).......TO CHANGE your BELIEF....REJECT Belief IN the Lord God.............AND............you NO LONGER receive measures of Gods Gift of Faith.
“YOU ARE”, thereafter “CALLED”;
1) Having DENIED the Faith.
2) Having FALLEN from Faith.

God;
repeatedly has WARNED mankind, OF this Corrupt WORLD, OF powerful Wicked men, OF powerful Evil spirits, prowling, searching, cunningness, targeting, devouring, the “unknowing and weak believing men”.

God; through, by, of........ His Pleasure, His Word, His Wisdom, His Power....
OFFERED ALL MEN :
“An INVISIBLE and PERMANENT ESCAPE FROM SUBJECTION TO:
Corruption OF this world; powerful Wicked men; & powerful Evil spirits!!!

^ THAT OFFERING “was instigated, established, Paid for,
FOR: Every man TO freely “TAKE, and HAVE Forever”.....
or TO freely “NOT TAKE, and NOT have”.

^ THAT OFFERING “IS TAKEN and RECEIVED” by a BELIEVING man;
WHEN that man............”PERFORMS.......ONE SERVICE unto God”!!!

^ THE “ONE SERVICE” unto God?
The individual man exercising his own FREE WILL-ingness....
TO....lay down his own natural flesh body unto DEATH
FOR...as his (natural flesh life) testimony of his true (natural) Heartful BELIEF in the Lord God.

A mans WORK for God IS the mans true natural Heartful BELIEF.
A mans SERVICE for God IS the mans natural word of CONFESSION of his true natural Heartful BELIEF.

^^^ THAT IS, one man FREELY of his own Will, establishing a one on one EVERLASTING Relationship WITH the Lord God Almighty Himself.
^^^ THAT HAS, NOT one iota to do with WHAT any other man, believes, or freely chooses.

John 6: Mans WORK

[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Rom 12: Mans SERVICE

[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Gal 2: Man laying down sacrifice of his bodily life crucified
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t believe the DEBATE is “grace vs works”....BUT RATHER
* Work vs Work(S).

The Highlight “WORK” of a man that “God Requires”.....IS “NATURAL HEARTFUL BELIEF”.
(Natural MEANING....while alive in your natural born Flesh Body.)

The Highlight “WORK(S)” of a man that “Men Squabble (debate, accuse, demand)” .... IS “NATURAL BEHAVIORS (Relationships) between and among men”.

The Highlight of Gods Required “WORK(BELIEF) of a man .... IS “EXPRESSLY about a mans NATURAL BEHAVIOR (Relationship) between that ONE man and God.”

WORKS of a man (BELIEF IN the Lord God), without FAITH....is DEAD.
WHAT IS FAITH?
....HOW THEN does a man GAIN FAITH?

FAITH is a GIFT from God....
FOR WHAT?
* FOR HEARING the “WORD of God”....and BELIEVING “His WORD”.
Reflect on the lessons Jesus spoke and taught to His Disciples/Crowds.
Reflect on the REACTIONS of Jesus’ Disciples/Crowds.
....The Disciples/Crowds were “babes, new, STUDENTS”...
* They Heard, They Believed, They Doubted, They Wondered, They Denied...
* They Vacillated.....and ?

* FEW (men of the listening crowds)...Continued HEARING, Continued BELIEVING;
* MANY (men of the listening crowds)...Rejected HEARING, Rejected BELIEVING;

* NOTHING New, from the Day Jesus was present ON this Earth, TO this Day.
** Men HEAR, believe, doubt, wonder, deny, VACILLATE.
** FEW continue....and MANY reject.

Men WHO Hear, (freely land on BELIEF), continue....
ARE THEY WHO, BEGIN and CONTINUE receiving Gods GIFT of FAITH.
Men WHO (freely REJECT BELIEF), deny...
ARE THEY WHO, WALK AWAY and do NOT receiving Gods GIFT of FAITH.

( Gods Gift of FAITH IS GIVEN “in MEASURES”....
BELIEVE “a little”, receive “little measures of Gods Gift of Faith
INCREASE BELIEF, receive “INCREASE of Gods Gift of Faith”)

Believe, Believe, Believe.........(AND THEN....
BECOME “INFLUENCED” (BY THE WORLD...ie; Wicked powerful men...ie; Evil powerful spirits).......TO CHANGE your BELIEF....REJECT Belief IN the Lord God.............AND............you NO LONGER receive measures of Gods Gift of Faith.
“YOU ARE”, thereafter “CALLED”;
1) Having DENIED the Faith.
2) Having FALLEN from Faith.

God;
repeatedly has WARNED mankind, OF this Corrupt WORLD, OF powerful Wicked men, OF powerful Evil spirits, prowling, searching, cunningness, targeting, devouring, the “unknowing and weak believing men”.

God; through, by, of........ His Pleasure, His Word, His Wisdom, His Power....
OFFERED ALL MEN :
“An INVISIBLE and PERMANENT ESCAPE FROM SUBJECTION TO:
Corruption OF this world; powerful Wicked men; & powerful Evil spirits!!!

^ THAT OFFERING “was instigated, established, Paid for,
FOR: Every man TO freely “TAKE, and HAVE Forever”.....
or TO freely “NOT TAKE, and NOT have”.

^ THAT OFFERING “IS TAKEN and RECEIVED” by a BELIEVING man;
WHEN that man............”PERFORMS.......ONE SERVICE unto God”!!!

^ THE “ONE SERVICE” unto God?
The individual man exercising his own FREE WILL-ingness....
TO....lay down his own natural flesh body unto DEATH
FOR...as his (natural flesh life) testimony of his true (natural) Heartful BELIEF in the Lord God.

A mans WORK for God IS the mans true natural Heartful BELIEF.
A mans SERVICE for God IS the mans natural word of CONFESSION of his true natural Heartful BELIEF.

^^^ THAT IS, one man FREELY of his own Will, establishing a one on one EVERLASTING Relationship WITH the Lord God Almighty Himself.
^^^ THAT HAS, NOT one iota to do with WHAT any other man, believes, or freely chooses.

John 6: Mans WORK

[28] Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God?
[29] Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.

Rom 12: Mans SERVICE

[1] I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Gal 2: Man laying down sacrifice of his bodily life crucified
[20] I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Glory to God,
Taken
This is why paul would remind the church Continue In the faith , continue in Christ to the end .
Let our faith be in the glorious Lord . Let all praise and thank the glorious Lord . And let none be moved
away unto another go spell , another jesus . Cling to the glorious Lord and let all stay well planted in those bibles

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?​

OP ^

ONE WORKS has always been Gods WAY for a mans soul to hope to enter heaven.

THAT ONE WORKS? BELIEF in God and His Word.

ONE SERVICE has always been Gods WAY for a mans soul to enter heaven.

THAT ONE SERVICE? WILLINGNESS of a man to Bodily DIE “for” his Belief in God and His Word.

Glory to God,
Taken

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?​

OP ^

ONE WORKS has always been Gods WAY for a mans soul to hope to enter heaven.

THAT ONE WORKS? BELIEF in God and His Word.

ONE SERVICE has always been Gods WAY for a mans soul to enter heaven.

THAT ONE SERVICE? WILLINGNESS of a man to Bodily DIE “for” his Belief in God and His Word.

Glory to God,
Taken
Submit to GOD resist the devil and he will flee .
And what does submission entail . Total surrender to GOD . Obediance unto HE who has saved us and called us
according , TO HIS PURPOSE not ours . HIS . Lambs would love and embrace every word of the glorious LORD
Sie problem is , even most all of christendom has not submitted to GOD . TO HIS RIGHTEOUS , WHICH IS FOUND ONLY IN CHRIST .
They have submitted unto another jesus , one who allows sin , one who actually preaches disobediance to GOD .
A jesus that serves the flesh , AINT NO JESUS and NO CHRIST . JUST the devil feeding those who love the flesh
the desires of their own heart and allowing them to feel safe and secure under this other jesus .
ME THINK A WHOLE LOTTA folks better ponder on that real fast .
IF we came to A jesus that waves a rainbow flag and allows one who is gay to believe its okay , That person came
NOT TO JESUS , but to an image , to another jesus .
That goes with all sins of the flesh . I aint the monster some think i am taken . I simply out of great love
am trying to help many by pointing them to ALL DOCTRINE and not just some doctrine that our LORD taught .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 4:5 - But to him who does not work but believes on Him who justifies the ungodly, his faith is accounted for righteousness, 6 just as David also describes the blessedness of the man to whom God imputes righteousness apart from works:

It's not that we MUST do good works in order to become saved but that we WILL do good works IF we truly are saved. We could never work our way to heaven. The standard is too high (absolute perfection) and ONLY Jesus Christ has met that standard.

Read full chapter