Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Salvation isn't Jesus on the cross but is available through Jesus, by his death on the cross is it made possible.

The Devil appreciates what you wrote, DJT_47
He loves it when '""christians"""' try to deny the Cross as God's offer of Mercy and Grace.

Preaching "CHRIST CRUCIFIED" )THE CROSS, is the Gospel, and when the Cross is lifted up by preaching or witnessing , God will draw the listener to their Salvation as its found on THE CROSS.

Salvation is indeed the Cross of Christ.
No Cross = No Salvation.

Christ's coming out of the grave does not save you. It only confirms that the Cross is God's provision to deal with your sin which is WHY God will accept you.

See, when Jesus said.....from THE CROSS......>"it is FINISHED"......He was talking about His SACRIFICE on THE CROSS.

No Cross = no Salvation.

Reactions: shortangel

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
View attachment 27218

Grace vs. works has been a debate for centuries. Man feels compelled to earn salvation on the basis of works. Because salvation by works appeals to man’s sinful nature, it forms the basis of almost every religion. What does the Bible say?

Salvation in the Last Days: Working Your Way to Heaven?
The Bible says..."work out your own salvation with fear and trembling?" Phil. 2:12

Also that we can be cut as easily or more easily than the Israelites in the wilderness...who were almost all rejected.

"For if God spared not the natural branches, take heed lest he also spare not thee." Rom. 11:21

But religion is about making people feel good about themselves. Who really takes the Bible seriously anymore? Religious presumption trumps the truth.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
The Bible says..."work out your own salvation with fear and trembling?"

Your verse does not mean to try to save yourself, as how can you pay for your own sin?
And the payment for your sin, is your Salvation, and that happened 2000 yrs ago, ALREADY.
You can't do that for yourself, so, the verse means something else, Episkopos, tho you would try to teach it as "work to save yourself" as all Legalist always try to use the NT to teach "how to save yourself". = Galatians 1:8

The verse is teaching that if you are born again, you HAVE Salvation, and you are to work it out.
This means that you are to learn how to exist within God's Gift of Salvation.
You are to learn what it means to exist "In Christ", as "the righteousness of God"..
THis is what Paul is describing when he teaches that we are to "renew" our minds, and come to the "unity of the FAITH"

• Wow

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Devil appreciates what you wrote, DJT_47
He loves it when '""christians"""' try to deny the Cross as God's offer of Mercy and Grace.

Preaching "CHRIST CRUCIFIED" )THE CROSS, is the Gospel, and when the Cross is lifted up by preaching or witnessing , God will draw the listener to their Salvation as its found on THE CROSS.

Salvation is indeed the Cross of Christ.
No Cross = No Salvation.

Christ's coming out of the grave does not save you. It only confirms that the Cross is God's provision to deal with your sin which is WHY God will accept you.

See, when Jesus said.....from THE CROSS......>"it is FINISHED"......He was talking about His SACRIFICE on THE CROSS.

No Cross = no Salvation.
Also, no action or obedience by a believer = no Salvation. Salvation is not automatically applied to everyone without the believer's response to the gospel. Jesus for sure died on the Cross making Salvation possible but not automatic and not to everyone, and only to those that believe, have faith, confess their belief, repent, and are baptized into Christ.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Also, no action or obedience by a believer = no Salvation. Salvation is not automatically applied to everyone without the believer's response to the gospel. Jesus for sure died on the Cross making Salvation possible but not automatic and not to everyone, and only to those that believe, have faith, confess their belief, repent, and are baptized into Christ.
Also, no action or obedience by a believer = no Salvation. Salvation is not automatically applied to everyone without the believer's response to the gospel.

The Cross of Christ is a universal offer of Salvation to everyone, for the last 2000 yrs.
Christ said that "If i be LIFTED UP, i will draw ALL= to me".

The Drawing is the offer, the Cross is the Way, and Faith in Christ is what God accepts to DELIVER Salvation to the said Believer.

End result? = BORN AGAIN., and that NOT BY Water but by the Holy Spirit.

DJT_47

Oct 29, 2022
Michigan/Sterling Heights
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Cross of Christ is a universal offer of Salvation to everyone, for the last 2000 yrs.
Christ said that "If i be LIFTED UP, i will draw ALL= to me".

The Drawing is the offer, the Cross is the Way, and Faith in Christ is what God accepts to DELIVER Salvation to the said Believer.

End result? = BORN AGAIN., and that NOT BY Water but by the Holy Spirit.
You make no sense and are inconsistent with scripture. Go study them. Goodbye

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Salvation is clearly related to obedience as the scriptures are clear on the matter. Although the bible does spell out some sinners that were saved, I wouldn't rely on that solely.

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Working our way to heaven in righteousness, is better than sinning our way there by vain imagination alone.

TheOneHeLoves

Nov 15, 2022
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is not by works that gives us salvation, only faith in Jesus- Yeshua, Our Lord, God in the Flesh.

Out of our faith, we grow in relationship, out of that intimate relationship we come into obedience. Obedience results in works. But if we don't have the faith no works will save us.

"If you love me you will obey my commands" Jesus says but love is choice when you come to know Him. John the Baptizer knew and responded to Jesus in the womb because he was sent by God but the majority of us will have to come into relationship with Him.

Ernest T. Bass

Jan 14, 2014
out in the woods
Acts 2:40 save yourselves
2 Cor 7:1 let us cleanse ourselves
1 Pet 1:22 having purified your souls
1 Tim 4:16 thou shalt both save thyself, and them that hear thee.
James 4:8 cleanse your hands, ye sinners; and purify your hearts, ye double minded.
Phil 2:12 work out your own salvation

Man clearly has a role in his own salvation and that role being obedience to Christ Heb 5:9

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
1.) You have no righteousness, of your own.

This is why God came here to die on the Cross.

2.) You can't work your way into heaven..

Thousands who tried that all their lives, died today and tomorrow, and went to hell.
You mean God's Son right?
Heaven is nowhere spoken of being the reward of the saints. Matthew 5:5

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'd love to know where this idea of Heaven Going came from!
Obviously you need to spend some serious time in the New Testament, since this is where that idea is found. God also has a plan for a redeemed and restored earth, but that is a different matter.

As to the title of this thread, the answer is found in Ephesians 2:8-10:
For by grace...
...are ye saved...
...through faith...
...and that not of yourselves...
it is the gift of God...
...Not of works...
...lest any man should boast...

Salvation is either a gift you receive, or a gift you reject. But anyone who imagines anything else is simply deluded.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Obviously you need to spend some serious time in the New Testament, since this is where that idea is found. God also has a plan for a redeemed and restored earth, but that is a different matter.

As to the title of this thread, the answer is found in Ephesians 2:8-10:
For by grace...
...are ye saved...
...through faith...
...and that not of yourselves...
it is the gift of God...
...Not of works...
...lest any man should boast...

Salvation is either a gift you receive, or a gift you reject. But anyone who imagines anything else is simply deluded.
It's not there and clearly you had nothing to offer!
Hmmm did God promise Abraham Heaven or the Land?
I know right!

robert derrick

Apr 13, 2021
Houston, tx
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1.) You have no righteousness, of your own.

This is why God came here to die on the Cross.

2.) You can't work your way into heaven..

Thousands who tried that all their lives, died today and tomorrow, and went to hell.
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

The no-works gospel is for Christians that save and justify themselves by their own dead faith alone.

That is why they must call all doers of God's righteousness, self righteous.

Wherefore the rather, brethren, give diligence to make your calling and election sure: for if ye do these things, ye shall never fall:

For so an entrance shall be ministered unto you abundantly into the everlasting kingdom of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.