• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WRONG.
There were people from ALL over the world there that day at Pentecost - NOT just Israel.

Nice try, though . . .

They were Jews coming to the feast of Pentacost. If they were not Jews they were proselytes to Judaism.

So again, your verses of repentance speak to the Jews, not the Church. Didn't you read the verses I gave? Of course not.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BreadOfLife

Playing games again. You didn't answer my post number 319. (John 10:26) says "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep"

This means we are his sheep before we believe.

Go ahead, play some more games instead of answering.
Stranger
No it doesn't.
Where
do you get that bizarre twist from??

"You don't believe because you're not my sheep" is the same as saying, "You couldn't be my sheep because you don't believe."

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No it doesn't.
Where
do you get that bizarre twist from??

"You don't believe because you're not my sheep" is the same as saying, "You couldn't be my sheep because you don't believe."

Only in your mind. (John 10:26) says "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep" You have reworded it to your desire. You have changed the Scripture to fit your end.

So, again, sheep here are sheep before they believe. Your interpretation of the prodigal son is null and void. You have now resorted to changing the Scripture to fit your interpretation.

Where do you go from there?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They were Jews coming to the feast of Pentacost. If they were not Jews they were proselytes to Judaism.
So again, your verses of repentance speak to the Jews, not the Church. Didn't you read the verses I gave? Of course not.

Stranger
Acts 17:30
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands ALL PEOPLE EVEYWHERE TO REPENT ,

Acts 11:18

When they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, “Then to the GENTILES also God has granted REPENTANCE that leads to life.

1 John 1:9

If we CONFESS OUR SINS, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Don't you EVER tire of being wrong??

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only in your mind. (John 10:26) says "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep" You have reworded it to your desire. You have changed the Scripture to fit your end.

So, again, sheep here are sheep before they believe. Your interpretation of the prodigal son is null and void. You have now resorted to changing the Scripture to fit your interpretation.

Where do you go from there?

Stranger
And YOU never answered MY question:
Do you believe that God creates some people who are destined to go to Heaven - and the rest simply to throw them into Hell?
You are saying that we are His Sheep BEFORE we come to Him. that is Calvinist thinking. Are you a Calvinist?

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 17:30
The times of ignorance God overlooked, but now he commands ALL PEOPLE EVEYWHERE TO REPENT ,

Acts 11:18

When they heard these things they fell silent. And they glorified God, saying, “Then to the GENTILES also God has granted REPENTANCE that leads to life.

1 John 1:9

If we CONFESS OUR SINS, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Don't you EVER tire of being wrong??

(1 John 1:9) pertains to believers in times when they need to repent.

As to (Acts 17:30, 11:18), repentance comes with belief. Repentance is there, but it is the product of belief. (1Thess. 1:9) "how ye turned to God from idols"

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And YOU never answered MY question:
Do you believe that God creates some people who are destined to go to Heaven - and the rest simply to throw them into Hell?
You are saying that we are His Sheep BEFORE we come to Him. that is Calvinist thinking. Are you a Calvinist?

I am a Christian who believes the Bible. I am not saying we are His sheep before we believe. He is saying it. (John 10:26). Of course you can always reword it and make it say something else if you like. Whatever fits.

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1 John 1:9) pertains to believers in times when they need to repent.

As to (Acts 17:30, 11:18), repentance comes with belief. Repentance is there, but it is the product of belief. (1Thess. 1:9) "how ye turned to God from idols"

Stranger
Uhhhh, no.
All of these verses - and more - illustrated that repentance is REQUIRED.

1 Cor. 7:10
For godly grief produces a REPENTANCE that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Acts 26:20
But declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the GENTILES, that they should REPENT and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am a Christian who believes the Bible. I am not saying we are His sheep before we believe. He is saying it. (John 10:26). Of course you can always reword it and make it say something else if you like. Whatever fits.

Stranger
You DIDN'T answer the question.
I will ask you AGAIN:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just did, did Paul do better than Jesus. do you think he could add to what Christ did. As for Rants, you are teh King.
You seem to have some sort of intelligence block - so I will ask you AGAIN:
Explain
the following:

Col. 1:24
"Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ’s afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church"

WHAT does Paul mean here??

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Uhhhh, no.
All of these verses - and more - illustrated that repentance is REQUIRED.

1 Cor. 7:10
For godly grief produces a REPENTANCE that leads to salvation without regret, whereas worldly grief produces death.

Acts 26:20
But declared first to those in Damascus, then in Jerusalem and throughout all the region of Judea, and also to the GENTILES, that they should REPENT and turn to God, performing deeds in keeping with their repentance

(1 Cor. 7:10) speaks to believers.

Concerning (Acts 26:20) this is the same repentance to the Gentiles spoken of in (17:30). To which repentance is accomplished in their belief. (1 Thess. 1:9)

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You DIDN'T answer the question.
I will ask you AGAIN:

What does your question have to do with what we are talking about? You have read (John 10:26) and do not believe it and have reworded to your satisfaction. I believe (John 10:26). Which destroys your argument of the prodigal son being a story of loss of salvation.

How do you interpret that?

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What does your question have to do with what we are talking about? You have read (John 10:26) and do not believe it and have reworded to your satisfaction. I believe (John 10:26). Which destroys your argument of the prodigal son being a story of loss of salvation.

How do you interpret that?

Stranger
No - that's not the way it works.
You keep demanding that I answer YOUR questions but you won't answer mine.

The reason I am asking is because you say that we are His sheep - BEFORE we come to Him.

Please answer the question . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1 Cor. 7:10) speaks to believers.

Concerning (Acts 26:20) this is the same repentance to the Gentiles spoken of in (17:30). To which repentance is accomplished in their belief. (1 Thess. 1:9)

Stranger
Nope.
EVERY verse I presented states that repentance is REQUIRED for salvation - from everybody - not just Jews.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No - that's not the way it works.
You keep demanding that I answer YOUR questions but you won't answer mine.

The reason I am asking is because you say that we are His sheep - BEFORE we come to Him.

Please answer the question . . .

Until you acknowledge that it is not I that say we are His sheep before we come to Him, but that it is Christ in (John 10:26), why should I be interested in your questions.

I believe (John 10:26). Do you? Apparently not, until you reword it. Which is what you are good at. wordsmith.

Stranger

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nope.
EVERY verse I presented states that repentance is REQUIRED for salvation - from everybody - not just Jews.

Yup. I never said repentance was not involved. For the unbelievers, their repentance is involved in their belief. (1Thess. 1:9)

Stranger

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yup. I never said repentance was not involved. For the unbelievers, their repentance is involved in their belief. (1Thess. 1:9)

Stranger
WRONG.
As I schooled you in my last post - according to the Scripture I presented - repentance is required for EVERYBODY.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Until you acknowledge that it is not I that say we are His sheep before we come to Him,
And now you've been caught in yet another LIE.

YOUR statement from post #337:
"This means we are his sheep BEFORE we believe."

Peanut

Jul 19, 2017
goodbye
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I notice that Judas is here on the chopping block.

Lets not forget...Jesus chose Judas!!!
( now this could get a bit sticky with some )...but just as God has used Satan the Tempter, Adversary , ....so Jesus used Judas.
But that is just my opinion.
Well, really I think we have to concede that there are atheists and trolls that enjoy joining religious forums just to start trouble. I happened last year on an atheist site while employing keywords on Google seeking Christian community.
I was curious as to how an atheist site would pop in the results so I went for a look-see. Turns out the atheist Administrator started a thread that had many pages of atheist feedback. And its subject line pertained to Christian forums. That's why Google results caught that particular thread.
This was a thread instructing a How-To for the member atheists in posing as a POE. Or, enacting Poe's Law. I.E. affording a fake profile of a Christian. In order to mess with Christians on their own forums.

The reason I offer this personal experience is so that the Christian sister and brother that finds an obstinate attitude in one that refuses to accept scripture that points to eternal salvation being irrevocable can be because an Atheist won't know scripture. A POE wouldn't care about scripture.
They'd care to frustrate a community and to see how many pages they can get to accrue dedicated to changing their mind. When in truth their mind isn't on Christ. They don't have a Bible and they don't really care at all about the truth of God in Christ.

I found those that piecemeal scripture together in order to argue "Christ said" salvation is not eternal are not actually persons that know scripture.
Context is everything.

Jesus never taught we could lose our Salvation. He died to give us eternal life. Not temporary promises that we could work to repeal.

Last edited:
Reactions: Helen