Salvation Through Baptism ???

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believe + Baptism = Saved (Mark 16:16)

Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be damned. Not he that is not baptized shall be damned. That would have been the perfect place to say so!

Repent + Converted = Sins Blotted Out (Acts 3:19)

Amen! Emphasis always on repent or believe.

Acts 3:19 (NKJV)
19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, ...

No mention of water baptism.

Arise + Be Baptized = Wash Away Your Sins (Acts 22:16)

You omitted the main part.

Acts 22:16
16 Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.'

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Ac 8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water;

How did the eunuch learn of water?

Keep in mind they are in the desert and still the eunuch was looking for water.

Scenarios do not change the word of God.

As I said, you could only guess, for the passage does not say.

Besides, I already pointed out what is in the passage, which you just seem to skip and ignore, that the eunuch, that he MAY only be baptized, IF he BELIEVES with all of his heart in obviously what Philip preached to him, that is, Jesus. If he does not believe like so, then water baptism is of no matter, is empty and void, useless, and symbolizes no spiritual reality, but will only be nothing but getting immersed in water or getting a full body wash by immersion. It then only is, to the one baptized, a make believe of whatever he believes water baptism accomplishes.

Tong
R0831

Reactions: mailmandan

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I did not know this was ever a question here.

As Leonard Ravenhill noted decades ago, we doubt that even 5% of those who claim to be saved are saved. Baptized or not. (in the uas and briatin)
LOL! I previously asked you that question and it sounds like your answer is NO as well. ;)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thats easy.
Just read 28 Chapters in the "Acts of the Apostles".
No one is water baptized to BE saved.
Not one.
Every person is saved, born again, then water follows.
I gave my heart to the Lord weeks before I knew I was supposed to be baptized. I was saved! The Blood of Jesus washed away my sins!

Reactions: Joseph77

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mk 16 He that believeth not shall be damned. Not he that is not baptized shall be damned. That would have been the perfect place to say so!

Amen! Emphasis always on repent or believe.

Acts 3:19 (NKJV)
19 Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, ...

No mention of water baptism.

You omitted the main part.

Acts 22:16
16 Arise and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on the name of the Lord.'

You lie again.....the question is are you capable of telling the truth....or would you rather lie.

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Matthew 7:21-25
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness. Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22-23

After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. Can you imagine what it would be like to be baptized under the watchful eye of Christ Himself?

Act 8:26-40
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “He was led as a sheep to slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He does not open His mouth. “In humiliation His judgment was taken away; Who will relate His generation? For His life is removed from the earth.” The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus.

Acts 10:47-48 Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?

Acts 22:12-16
“A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing near said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very time I looked up at him. And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard. Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’

Ephesians 5:26 …that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

1st John 5:6 This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that bearth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1st John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; be he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyer rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of Him.

Galatians 1:8-9
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Acts 10:48
And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 16:33
And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Acts 18:8
Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 6:3-7
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Baptized". "Saved" "Baptized" "Saved". "Baptized" "SAVED"

There are many anti-christs among us. Test everything.

Trust Jesus and follow Jesus.
So those who trust in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as the ALL-sufficient means of their salvation (1 Corinthians 15:1-4; Romans 1:16) and do not of trust in being immersed in H20 as a supplementary means to their salvation are anti-Christ’s? Not hardly. Salvation is signified, but not procured in the waters of baptism.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You lie again.....the question is are you capable of telling the truth....or would you rather lie.

Luke 6:46 “Why do you call me ‘Lord, Lord,’ and not do what I tell you?

Matthew 7:21-25
Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness. Therefore everyone who hears these words of Mine and acts on them, may be compared to a wise man who built his house on the rock. And the rain fell, and the floods came, and the winds blew and slammed against that house; and yet it did not fall, for it had been founded on the rock.

John 3:5 Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto unto thee, Except a man be born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

John 3:22-23

After these things came Jesus and his disciples into the land of Judaea; and there he tarried with them, and baptized. And John also was baptizing in Aenon near to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized. Can you imagine what it would be like to be baptized under the watchful eye of Christ Himself?

Act 8:26-40
But an angel of the Lord spoke to Philip saying, “Get up and go south to the road that descends from Jerusalem to Gaza.” (This is a desert road.) So he got up and went; and there was an Ethiopian eunuch, a court official of Candace, queen of the Ethiopians, who was in charge of all her treasure; and he had come to Jerusalem to worship, and he was returning and sitting in his chariot, and was reading the prophet Isaiah. Then the Spirit said to Philip, “Go up and join this chariot.” Philip ran up and heard him reading Isaiah the prophet, and said, “Do you understand what you are reading?” And he said, “Well, how could I, unless someone guides me?” And he invited Philip to come up and sit with him. Now the passage of Scripture which he was reading was this: “He was led as a sheep to slaughter; And as a lamb before its shearer is silent, So He does not open His mouth. “In humiliation His judgment was taken away; Who will relate His generation? For His life is removed from the earth.” The eunuch answered Philip and said, “Please tell me, of whom does the prophet say this? Of himself or of someone else?” Then Philip opened his mouth, and beginning from this Scripture he preached Jesus to him. As they went along the road they came to some water; and the eunuch said, “Look! Water! What prevents me from being baptized?” And Philip said, “If you believe with all your heart, you may.” And he answered and said, “I believe that Jesus.

Acts 10:47-48 Surely no one can refuse the water for these to be baptized who have received the Holy Spirit just as we did, can he?

Acts 22:12-16
“A certain Ananias, a man who was devout by the standard of the Law, and well spoken of by all the Jews who lived there, came to me, and standing near said to me, ‘Brother Saul, receive your sight!’ And at that very time I looked up at him. And he said, ‘The God of our fathers has appointed you to know His will and to see the Righteous One and to hear an utterance from His mouth. For you will be a witness for Him to all men of what you have seen and heard. Now why do you delay? Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’

Ephesians 5:26 …that He might sanctify her, having cleansed her by the washing of water with the word,

1st John 5:6 This is He that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that bearth witness, because the Spirit is truth.

1st John 5:8 And there are three that bear witness in earth, the Spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the Father, and the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Mark 16:16 He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; be he that believeth not shall be damned.

Luke 7:30 But the Pharisees and lawyer rejected the counsel of God against themselves, being not baptized of Him.

Galatians 1:8-9
But even if we, or an angel from heaven, should preach to you a gospel contrary to what we have preached to you, he is to be accursed! As we have said before, so I say again now, if any man is preaching to you a gospel contrary to what you received, he is to be accursed!

Acts 2:38 Peter said to them, “Repent, and each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

Acts 2:41 So then, those who had received his word were baptized; and that day there were added about three thousand souls.

Acts 8:12
But when they believed Philip preaching the good news about the kingdom of God and the name of Jesus Christ, they were being baptized, men and women alike.

Acts 10:48
And he ordered them to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ. Then they asked him to stay on for a few days.

Acts 16:33
And he took them that very hour of the night and washed their wounds, and immediately he was baptized, he and all his household.

Acts 18:8
Crispus, the leader of the synagogue, believed in the Lord with all his household, and many of the Corinthians when they heard were believing and being baptized.

Acts 19:5
When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus.

Romans 6:3-7
Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death? Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, so that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with Him in the likeness of His death, certainly we shall also be in the likeness of His resurrection, knowing this, that our old self was crucified with Him, in order that our body of sin might be done away with, so that we would no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin.
If you think water baptism washed away your sins you may be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day. ONLY the Blood of Jesus washes away sins.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
(Mark 16:16) And (Acts 3:19) both harmonize with what the COC member taught from what I can tell.

Repent + Converted = Sins Blotted Out (Acts 3:19)

Arise + Be Baptized = Wash Away Your Sins (Acts 22:16)
What is water baptism if one does not believe? Of no matter, is empty and void, useless, and symbolizes no spiritual reality, but will only be nothing but getting immersed in water or getting a full body wash by immersion. It then only is, to the one baptized, a make believe of whatever he believes water baptism accomplishes.

What is repentance if one does not believe? Senseless. Hypocrisy.

Tong
R0832

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you think water baptism washed away your sins you may be in for a rude awakening on Judgment Day. ONLY the Blood of Jesus washes away sins.
Can you even read? Or do scriptures even matter to you?

Baptism removes your former sins....Get up and be baptized, and wash away your sins, calling on His name.’ Acts 22:16

From that point your sins are between you and Christ and "If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1st John 1:9

It is hard to believe how dense you are!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrong again!
ONLY the Blood of Jesus washes away sins.

John 1:29
29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

Colossians 1:14
14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have provide a lot of true scripture and you have stood up against the Word of God, trying to promote a false demonic gospel of your own.
Keep telling yourself that. :rolleyes:

Romans 1:16 and 1 Corinthians 15:1-4 is not a false demonic gospel and you are not fooling me or any of my brothers and sisters in Christ on this site.

Sadly, you remain thoroughly indoctrinated and blinded by the god of this world. (2 Corinthians 4:3,4) :(

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You guys way to stupid for me.....you will get your reward in fire.
If an unbeliever who is dying in the desert, wants to be a Christian and only has a few minutes to live, and cannot be baptized in water, how can he become a saved Christian?

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If an unbeliever is dying in the desert and only has a few minutes to live, how can he become a saved Christian?
I have answered this so many times, can you read?
Believe it or not, Ultimately Christ is the judge....he will decide all our fates....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, really. That's two of many passages, but if you reject those two passages, then you will most likely reject the rest as well. How many passages do you need to understand that genuine born again believers trust in Jesus Christ for salvation and not in works?
I don't reject any passages. I take the entire Scripture into consideration. Those two passages from Scripture are not the ONLY passages that helps us identify the genuine born again believers.

What does it profit if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Show me your faith without your works mailmandan.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have answered this so many times, can you read?
Believe it or not, Ultimately Christ is the judge....he will decide all our fates....
So you wouldn't be any help to the unbeliever. And again you refuse to answer the simple question.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand that you are dead set in your perspective.
You've created your alt to represent the Queen of Heaven.
So, you are totally engulfed in that stuff.
Its unlikely you are going to listen to me.
As i told you.
You suggest that Paul decides what a heretical teaching is. You gave NOTHING to back up your theory. :(

I understand that you are dead set in your perspective. You are right. It is VERY unlikly that I will listen to you. I would rather listen to the Church which is the pillar and foundation of truth. Scripture does not say YOU or me is the pillar and foundation of truth.

Thank you for your time.

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't reject any passages. I take the entire Scripture into consideration. Those two passages from Scripture are not the ONLY passages that helps us identify the genuine born again believers.

What does it profit if someone says he has faith but does not have works? Show me your faith without your works mailmandan.
In James 2:14, we read of one who says/claims he has faith, but he has no resulting evidential works (to substantiate his claim). That is not genuine faith, but a bare profession of faith. So when James asks, "Can that faith save him?" he is saying nothing against genuine faith, but only against an empty profession of faith/dead faith.

*So James does not teach that we are saved "by" works. His concern is to show the reality of the faith professed by the individual (James 2:18) and demonstrate that the faith claimed (James 2:14) by the individual is genuine. Simple!

You need to remember that James is discussing the evidence of faith (says-claims to have faith but has no works/I will show you my faith by my works - James 2:14-18) and not the initial act of being accounted as righteous with God (Romans 4:2-3). Works bear out the justification that already came by faith.

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So you wouldn't be any help to the unbeliever. And again you refuse to answer the simple question.
Again can you read?
If you believe and are not baptized you will be able to present your case before Christ on Judgement Day. He will decide heaven or hell.
It does not matter if you died a second after you believed.
If you were on a desert island.
Or just put baptism off.
Christ is the judge.
Pull it all together and see if you can read and understand.