Sanctification is not a Process

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
some people go to far.. And it is time that something happens. We should not stand for the continued lies against us by the same people over and over. I have asked him awhile ago to stop responding to or about me.. I am about done with his nonsense.
Public forum . . . ignore what you don't want to see. Do the good you want to do, and not the bad you are provoked to do.

Much love!

Reactions: Keturah

Michiah-Imla

Oct 24, 2020
Northeast USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Do the good you want to do, and not the bad you are provoked to do.

It happens to the best:

“They angered him also at the waters of strife, so that it went ill with Moses for their sakes: Because they provoked his spirit, so that he spake unadvisedly with his lips.” (Psalms 106:32-33)

And Moses was described as such:

“(Now the man Moses was very meek, above all the men which were upon the face of the earth.)” (Numbers 12:3)

Reactions: amigo de christo

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Present Tense continues as the future becomes present. The idea is the continuing moment that is now. It happens now, and now, and now, and now, you get the idea. You really may benefit from learning Kione Greek Verb Tenses. There are a number of good websites you can visit.

Present Tense
The present tense usually denotes continuous kind of action. It shows 'action in progress' or 'a state of persistence.' When used in the indicative mood, the present tense denotes action taking place or going on in the present time.

For example: "In Whom you also are being built together into a dwelling place of God in spirit." Eph 2:22
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together." Heb 10:25
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I think this one makes the information fairly accessible, I think.

Much love!
I think you’re most likely trying again, but by a different way, to once again paint yourself into this crooked corner:
"he has perfected into the finality the one's being sanctified"

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can be angry all you want my friend. No angrier than I am at your arrogance in trying to tell people what I believe. and your refusal to listen to anyone who disagrees with you.
Hmm…the man didn’t appear to be angry to me…he seemed to be having calm discussion…

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Go ahead.

You’ll be doing me a favor.

I waste too much time on this board anyway.

And your hypocrisy is blaring!

I get this treatment NON STOP!

And yet You don’t see me threatening anyone with reporting them! Much less utilizing the ignore feature…

Taking things a bit personally are we?

IT’S JUST A DISCUSSION BOARD!

LIGHTEN UP!

:shine:
He said at first that you were angry. But you Seemed quite calm to me. But now he gives away the truth that HE was the angry one and accused you of what he was. SOP for him.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
some people go to far.. And it is time that something happens. We should not stand for the continued lies against us by the same people over and over. I have asked him awhile ago to stop responding to or about me.. I am about done with his nonsense.
And more anger, even though you said it was he that was angry…

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you’re most likely trying again, but by a different way, to once again paint yourself into this crooked corner:
Rather than just sharing your negative personal opinion, do you have something of a positive nature to share?

Did you understand about the verb tenses?

We should actually understand what it says before we can go on to what it means, right?

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Keturah

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Many people will seek to fulfill their calling using a religious ideology, rather than go to the throne of grace to seek the fulness of grace that overcomes sin.

The church will always be divided between those who are looking for a way to get away with their sins...and those who are trying to learn how God finishes their faith. There is no reasoning with the first group since they don't care about the power OVER sin...that costs them their lives. And the second group is slow to learn about the faith it takes to please God.

There is no process of sanctification. It is a gift of grace. What is a process is being weaned from the selfish nature that sees itself as being ok without God.
Do you mean this religious ideology?...

Jhn 17:17

Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.

Jhn 17:19

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

Eph 5:26

That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

Heb 10:10

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all

Heb 13:12

Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

1Co 6:11

And such were some of you:
but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This is the sanctification that believers experience when we come to faith in Christ....it is not merely a profession only, or an ideology, but is our EXPERIENCE. Was this not your experience too, when you received Christ? It's the foundation. The day of small beginnings or small things which we are not to despise.

Zec 4:6-10

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying,

The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.

For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

The big problem that I have with your approach is that you seem to despise the day of small beginnings, the foundation that our faith is standing on. Instead of affirming it and helping people to grow from there. You seem to despise it as a mere "profession" of Christ by mouth only when it is much more than that......it is our actual experience in a miraculous encounter with the Lord.....and my impression is that you despise those who are not yet fully consecrated and matured, lumping us into a lump that you call "reform types" and calling people all kinds of of names. Despising and looking down on GOD'S children, HIS flock, the members of HIS body, sanctified by His blood and His Spirit that we received. I'm not seeing love for the people of God. You even say that not everyone is called to this "higher walk", but you continually rebuke everyone anyhow for not having achieved something they apparently were not even called to...?

I'm curious to know whether you go to Catholic forums and debate doctrine with them and continually dress them down in this same manner that you do with evangelical believers. Do you...? or do you treat them differently?

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

And for their sakes I sanctify myself, that they also might be sanctified through the truth.

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all

Wherefore Jesus also, that he might sanctify the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

but ye are washed, but ye are sanctified, but ye are justified in the name of the Lord Jesus, and by the Spirit of our God.

This is the sanctification that believers experience when we come to faith in Christ....it is not merely a profession only, or an ideology, but is our EXPERIENCE. Was this not your experience too, when you received Christ? It's the foundation. The day of small beginnings or small things which we are not to despise.

Then he answered and spake unto me, saying, This is the word of the LORD unto Zerubbabel, saying, Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.

Who art thou, O great mountain? before Zerubbabel thou shalt become a plain: and he shall bring forth the headstone thereof with shoutings, crying, Grace, grace unto it.

The hands of Zerubbabel have laid the foundation of this house; his hands shall also finish it; and thou shalt know that the LORD of hosts hath sent me unto you.

For who hath despised the day of small things? for they shall rejoice, and shall see the plummet in the hand of Zerubbabel with those seven; they are the eyes of the LORD, which run to and fro through the whole earth.

The big problem that I have with your approach is that you seem to despise the day of small beginnings, the foundation that our faith is standing on. Instead of affirming it and helping people to grow from there.

I stand against religious certainties that get in the way of a humble seeking of God...that actually works! God gives grace to the humble.

Jesus was walking in holiness and the disciples were cleansed by His words. The same thing goes for those who hear the words of the saint. And the family of the saint. It's about location. One saint brings the truth and holiness. Where 2 or 3 are gathered there is the presence of Christ in their midst. But even one person speaking FROM the Spirit...brings the presence of God.

If that is what you mean by small beginnings then good. But if you mean all the carnal attempts at self-sanctification...then not so much!
You seem to despise it as a mere "profession" of Christ by mouth only when it is much more than that......it is our actual experience in a miraculous encounter with the Lord.....and my impression is that you despise those who are not yet fully consecrated and matured, lumping us into a lump that you call "reform types" and calling people all kinds of of names.
Professing faith in Christ is great...professing how much one is justified and saved...not so great. I encourage the inner man...but I stand against the pretenses of the outer man. In an uncrucified person...that is not appreciated. But it is when the inner man is looking for encouragement.

Despising and looking down on GOD'S children, HIS flock, the members of HIS body, sanctified by His blood and His Spirit that we received. I'm not seeing love for the people of God. You even say that not everyone is called to this "higher walk", but you continually rebuke everyone anyhow for not having achieved something they apparently were not even called to...?

Again, you are taking a position of the outer man. If you do that then I will not be encouraging you. The flesh wars against the Spirit.
I'm curious to know whether you go to Catholic forums and debate doctrine with them and continually dress them down in this same manner that you do with evangelical believers. Do you...? or do you treat them differently?
Catholic believers normally don't have the gall, the pride, of evangelicals. They don't claim to be justified by their beliefs. Of course, RC also have their religious nuts too!

But no...I don't go to Catholic forums as I don't respect their traditions.

There are many non-denominational believers here. And I feel more in tune with God-seekers who are not religiously inclined. I believe in a spiritual brotherhood...but not with having to go through religious carnal elevations.

We are to make the way straight in the desert...no religious ego mountains to have to tear down.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rather than just sharing your negative personal opinion, do you have something of a positive nature to share?

Did you understand about the verb tenses?

Much love!
I’m sorry, no, I have nothing positive to share. The only thing I had to share is that I thought I saw you heading for the same strange statement again. I guess it was positive in the sense of…caution so you didn’t wind up with another word salad.

Reactions: marks

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m sorry, no, I have nothing positive to share. The only thing I had to share is that I thought I saw you heading for the same strange statement again. I guess it was positive in the sense of…caution so you didn’t wind up with another word salad.
Ok, because there's a lot of "word salad" being posted because some don't seem to understand what the words in the Bible say.

Is it that you don't realize this:

Was merely quoting the interlinear copied into that post?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ok, because there's a lot of "word salad" being posted because some don't seem to understand what the words in the Bible say.

Is it that you don't realize this:

Was merely quoting the interlinear copied into that post?

Much love!
Yeah I don’t understand it. But, Epi helped me a bit by explaining the “being” shouldn’t be there. But yeah, as written, it makes zero sense to me.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Professing faith in Christ is great...professing how much one is justified and saved...not so great. I encourage the inner man...but I stand against the pretenses of the outer man. In an uncrucified person...that is not appreciated. But it is when the inner man is looking for encouragement.
But let's not confuse someone repeated a teaching from the Word with claims they make for themselves.

Do you mean to call into question whether any of us are baptized into Christ? But if we are actually baptized into Christ, then certain things can be said with Scriptural certainty. Isn't that so?

Much love!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The big problem that I have with your approach is that you seem to despise the day of small beginnings, the foundation that our faith is standing on. Instead of affirming it and helping people to grow from there. You seem to despise it as a mere "profession" of Christ by mouth only when it is much more than that......it is our actual experience in a miraculous encounter with the Lord.....and my impression is that you despise those who are not yet fully consecrated and matured, lumping us into a lump that you call "reform types" and calling people all kinds of of names. Despising and looking down on GOD'S children, HIS flock, the members of HIS body, sanctified by His blood and His Spirit that we received. I'm not seeing love for the people of God. You even say that not everyone is called to this "higher walk", but you continually rebuke everyone anyhow for not having achieved something they apparently were not even called to...?

Those first verses you gave do not speak the same certain immediacy and religious certainty to me as to others.
That we might
By the which we are or will
That they also might be
That He might

What I’m trying to say is…
My sister and I bought apple stock (we didn’t, we’re both quite poor!) that we might one day have something for retirement.

I started an education fund for junior and his little sister that they also might one day be able to go to college.

My husband bought an insurance policy in case he dies, that he might not , at that time, put financial strain on me with funeral costs.

Last edited:

Lizbeth

Jul 22, 2022
Ontario, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
For those who are not interested in waiting 30 or 40 years for a process of sanctification to kick in...which it never will...just surrender yourself to the Lord to be crucified in the outer man...and presto...instant sanctification by being translated into a resurrection kingdom walk. Instant holiness.

For those who lack the faith to seek the Lord and find Him...don't assume you are getting any holier by not going to God.
Hmmm......what is this process below, and what should we do with it? Should we despise it?

Heb 2:9-11

But we see Jesus, who was made a little lower than the angels for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour; that he by the grace of God should taste death for every man.

For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sons unto glory, to make the captain of their salvation perfect through sufferings.

For both he that sanctifieth and they who are sanctified are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to call them brethren,

Heb 5:7-9

Who in the days of his flesh, when he had offered up prayers and supplications with strong crying and tears unto him that was able to save him from death, and was heard in that he feared;

Though he were a Son, yet learned he obedience by the things which he suffered;

And being made perfect, he became the author of eternal salvation unto all them that obey him;

Heb 12:9-11

Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

2Co 4:16-18

For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.

For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;

While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

1Pe 4:12-13

Beloved, think it not strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened unto you:

But rejoice, inasmuch as ye are partakers of Christ's sufferings; that, when his glory shall be revealed, ye may be glad also with exceeding joy.

Rom 8:16-18

The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.

2Ti 2:11-12

It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him:

If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Reactions: Keturah and GTW27

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You even say that not everyone is called to this "higher walk", but you continually rebuke everyone anyhow for not having achieved something they apparently were not even called to...?
I don’t quite get that from anything I’ve ever heard him say. What I think his concern and carefulness in word is over is that…yes, this is available, BUT, some won’t make it in, in which case, remain humble, fear God, refuse to judge before the time, and thereby keep yourself safe and have a good place among the nations.