Santa Claus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm ignoring you...
Don't feed the trolls.

Oh come on you know that I'm not really a troll. Trolling can just be a funny thing too,.. but I sort of think you're trolling me by saying that LOL :D

Reactions: JohnDB

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"He knows when you are sleeping. He knows when you're awake. He knows if you've been bad or good."

Darn near blasphemy!

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, it's quite simple. People tell their children that Santa knows all like Jesus. Then when they find out that Santa is a fake, they think Jesus is a fake too.

Well I think that's going a bit far. All my family Aunt's Uncle's Cousins children grandchildren etc ad nauseum all understood that Santa is a really fun story and Character at Christmas. They all learned he was fake. Yet they all knew and know that Jesus is real.

So we have fun at Christmas with Santa and the Grinch:)

But we also celebrate that Christmas true meaning is contained within the pages of the Bible if the birth of our savior Jesus. And the hope he brings to a lost world.

Reactions: April_Rose

rjs330

Aug 3, 2020
Belgrade
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess my daughter didn't know but to tell it like it was. A LIE!

Well I suppose that if you start out by saying Santa is real and then later tell them he's not, then I guess we are lying. I prefer that we just don't ever say he's real. Just be honest from the start.

My parents told me from the start that Santa was not real. We told our kids the same thing. But we told them that Santa was a really fun part of Christmas. Every year we had pictures taken at the mall with Santa and the kids loved it.

Well they loved it AFTER they got over the fear of the fat man and his read suit! A lot of the kids and grandkids were terrified of Santa the first couple of times! But they got over it and and enjoyed it later. :)

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I suppose that if you start out by saying Santa is real and then later tell them he's not, then I guess we are lying. I prefer that we just don't ever say he's real. Just be honest from the start.

My parents told me from the start that Santa was not real. We told our kids the same thing. But we told them that Santa was a really fun part of Christmas. Every year we had pictures taken at the mall with Santa and the kids loved it.

That's another good way to handle it. :)

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I think that's going a bit far. All my family Aunt's Uncle's Cousins children grandchildren etc ad nauseum all understood that Santa is a really fun story and Character at Christmas. They all learned he was fake. Yet they all knew and know that Jesus is real.

So we have fun at Christmas with Santa and the Grinch:)

But we also celebrate that Christmas true meaning is contained within the pages of the Bible if the birth of our savior Jesus. And the hope he brings to a lost world.
Saying that Santa is all knowing like Jesus is blasphemy.

Melville Wilson

Dec 24, 2020
Sussex
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you really look behind the mask (or beard!) of Santa you find someone else. Satan Claws. Rather like the serpent in Revelation.

We kid ourselves if we think he is a good idea. Gift giving is one thing, not telling the whole truth is another. I am following Baldmichael Theresoluteprotector'sson and you might like to check his recent post.

Cristo Rei

Apr 30, 2020
In Christ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
When i was a kid i used to wonder why the Easter bunny and the tooth fairy would never come and shower me with chocolate and money.
Santa Claus was the only lie that my parents went along with... But why do we persist with these fibs?
Why do we choose to take credit and focus away from Jesus and give it some fictional old man who was invented by Coke?
What kind of message are we giving our kids? "u can't lie to anyone but we can lie to you". Very hypocritical. Do as i say, not as i do...
Wouldn't it be much better to teach the child to appreciate the exchanging of gifts between friends?

Rene Loup

Dec 24, 2020
Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Children are naturally very trusting people, even the Bible is well aware of this.[1] However, we all eventually lose our innocence and realize more and more that people often have ulterior motives. After finding out that Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy, etc. were all just lies from the parents to entertain or even teach lessons (Be good and you get toys, take care of your teeth and get money, etc.), how many of us have asked, "What else are they lying about? Is God just another lie to make me do good things? How can I trust people like that??"

Honesty may be a turn off for many people but it is the best policy. An honest person is often trusted while proven liars quickly lose their credibility. Even criminal organizations need to know who to trust in managing their resources. Honesty and integrity is the much better option when playing long game.[2] If Christians believe they need to resort to deception to spread God's truth, then it ceases being truth to those we are trying to bring to Jesus Christ.[3]
  1. Luke 18:15-17, Mark 10:13-16, Matthew 18:1-5, 19:13-14
  2. Luke 16:1-15, Matthew 10:16
  3. Romans 3:5-8