Satan - a bitter, jealous adversary of Job

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't say: just a good Satan, you said God can be a good Satan. Are you suggesting that if I discover that Satan can be good that it will lead me to believe that God can be a good Satan?

Our friend here doesn't understand that attributing the works of Satan to the works of God is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

o

Reactions: Helen

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Our friend here doesn't understand that attributing the works of Satan to the works of God is blasphemy of the Holy Spirit.

o

Friend is a nice touch.

How can the works of adversaries in the Bible which are sometimes the works of God be blasphemy of the HS?

The Lord stirred up an adversary (A SATAN) unto Solomon, Hadad the Edomite" (1 Kings 11:14

Was God wrong to stir up this Satan?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Lest in the battle, he (David) be an adversary (A SATAN) to us" (1 Samuel 29:4)

David a Satan also?

Job

Feb 5, 2014
somewhere
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You're trying to clue people in when you yourself are clueless.

The only thing you're accomplishing here is demonstrating your ineptness in the handling of the scriptures.

Wisdom and knowledge come from the Lord, not bible dictionaries.

o

Reactions: Dcopymope and Helen

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
You're trying to clue people in when you yourself are clueless.

The only thing you're accomplishing here is demonstrating your ineptness in the handling of the scriptures.

Wisdom and knowledge come from the Lord, not bible dictionaries.

o
i don't think this is fair, "I created evil," it is a valid perspective imo, that does not tell the whole story.

Light is separated from dark by God. Which is btw what that v means, which understanding that would end a pointless debate there about when the sun physically rose on the earth etc, but nevermind that for now, Scapegoat also has not been explored, and possibly most importantly, the world's greatest rock and roll band is not being listened to :D