Satan is a liar!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Something just came up from Miz KJV that struck my interest. satan lied to Eve by telling her she would not die, but even in that there was some truth, as she died centuries later. He told Jehovah that Job would curse Him to His very face, which did not happen, but was it a lie, or simply an error in judgment?

Does anyone know of any passages other than the lie to Eve that show satan to be a habitual liar?

Reactions: dev553344

David Boyer

Aug 27, 2022
Moncton,NB
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Something just came up from Miz KJV that struck my interest. satan lied to Eve by telling her she would not die, but even in that there was some truth, as she died centuries later. He told Jehovah that Job would curse Him to His very face, which did not happen, but was it a lie, or simply an error in judgment?

Does anyone know of any passages other than the lie to Eve that show satan to be a habitual liar?

I don't see any lie from the serpent in Genesis.
Misdirection would be a better way to state it.
Actually everything the serpent said was truthful... from a physical perspective. (not dying, knowing good from evil).
That is what Satan does more than just lie... he focuses our attention on the physical and away from the spiritual.

Sex is good and feels nice... so get as much as you can from wherever you can. :Satan
Sex is good and feels nice... and should be between married man and wife to mirror the wonders of intimacy with God. :God

Reactions: MatthewG

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 8:44 LITV
44) You are of the Devil as father, and the lusts of your father you desire to do. That one was a murderer from the beginning, and he has not stood in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaks a lie, he speaks from his own, because he is a liar, and the father of it.

Much love!

Reactions: Taken and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I'm not thinking of any passages off hand but I know from personal experiences that Satan lies.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one passage that stands the test of truth. And that is of predictions. If it comes true then it is God and if not then it is not.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel

Reader..

Satan and Satan's ministers, preach "righteousness", .. They will talk about Jesus, and then they will talk about commandments and law, as if all this is ONE.....as if all this working together is "FAITH" that God accepts.
In other words, just like what the Devil did in Genesis...>He mixes some truth with some error. He implies something that isn't TRUE, but it sounds true.

Let me show you ..

Paul says.... "Salvation is Grace through faith without works".

The Devil says......YES, but then dont forget you have to keep commandments and endure to the end".

Paul Says... "faith is counted as righteousness", and you are "Justified by Faith."
Paul says... "Christ is the end of the Law for Righteousness, to/for everyone who BELIEVES".

Then Satan and His ministers say... .YES, but, ......"but"....."but......."but"......to stay saved, you now have to....do this, and do that, and do that, and remember not to do THAT">...

Reactions: Mantis

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is one passage that stands the test of truth. And that is of predictions. If it comes true then it is God and if not then it is not.

Deuteronomy 18:20-22
But the prophet who presumes to speak a word in my name that I have not commanded him to speak, or who speaks in the name of other gods, that same prophet shall die.’ when a prophet speaks in the name of the Lord, if the word does not come to pass or come true, that is a word that the Lord has not spoken; the prophet has spoken it presumptuously. You need not be afraid of him.
During the last presidential election there sure seemed to be an abundance of false prophets. Forty something on YouTube proclaiming election results to come and some claiming invasion of the mainland after Trumps win. There were some on here as well. I only remember a couple and they seem to be gone now. I think Satan can mimic God and fool people into stuff like that.

Reactions: Nancy and dev553344

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
During the last presidential election there sure seemed to be an abundance of false prophets. Forty something on YouTube proclaiming election results to come and some claiming invasion of the mainland after Trumps win. There were some on here as well. I only remember a couple and they seem to be gone now. I think Satan can mimic God and fool people into stuff like that.
Yes I agree. I have had Satan pretend to be God to me also. I know God when I feel the love and peace that his spirit has. Without that I can be fooled. So now I'm more hesitant to accept a spirit presenting as God.

Reactions: Mantis

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Satan lies , however he uses truths taken out of text to do so .
LEt us return back to the garden again .
SATAN DID LIE when he told EVE , OH YOU WONT DIE ,
in that day your eyes shall be opened as ye shall be as gods knowing good and evil .
EVEN GOD said , later , THEIR Eyes have been opened to know good and evil . SEE satan knew a partial truth
BUT HE also knew the day they ate THEY WOULD DIE . HE used a partial truth to cause disobediance to GOD who had said
DONT EAT . SEE that is the KEY .
WE must be as children . IF JESUS said DO DO . and dont let any preacher try and twist a way around that by saying partial truths etiher .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yep me too. Satan cannot fool the sheep. We know him!
So when satan and his very kind men come , ARE YOU SURE you aint been fooled already .
LET me give an example .
Lets say a man , like me who cheated and put away his wife
came into a church . And was asked by a lady for a date .
THEN i said , i cannot remarry for it would be adultery for me to do so .
SO then she goes to the pastor . And the pastor says THIS .
NOW I WANT YOU TO EXAMINE THIS REAL GOOD MY FRIEND .
Okay , so the pastor , PASTOR , says this .
OH YE ARE UNDER grace now , IT is written in gensis that GOD has said it is not good for the man to be alone .
DO YOU REALLY THINK that pastor is doing the will of GOD or is he workiing under the influence of satan
and using a reminder from scripture and yet that reminder does not apply to men like me who would be in adultery IF I DID remarry .
SEE How satan works . WHAT WOULD YOU TELL ME . DO YOU THINK i can be remarried . WOULD YOU try
and apppease my sensual flesh and make me feel good , OR WOULD YOU TELL ME THE TRUTH . SO Lets not be so fast
to think satan aint all over these churches and that often folks have been duped by his ever so kind and caring leaders .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes I agree. I have had Satan pretend to be God to me also. I know God when I feel the love and peace that his spirit has. Without that I can be fooled. So now I'm more hesitant to accept a spirit presenting as God.
I felt lots of love and peace by and from my own parents . NETIHER ONE FOLLOWED GOD .
WE cannot live by emotions alone but rather by EVERY WORD OF GOD . I suggest we get busy learning just what that means .
Be encouraed now .

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Misdirection would be a better way to state it.
Actually everything the serpent said was truthful... from a physical perspective. (not dying, knowing good from evil).
That is what Satan does more than just lie... he focuses our attention on the physical and away from the spiritual.

Sex is good and feels nice... so get as much as you can from wherever you can. :Satan
Sex is good and feels nice... and should be between married man and wife to mirror the wonders of intimacy with God. :God

The lie was Eve would not die if she ate of the fruit. She did in fact die, because of it actually. Eating of the fruit was not sex by the way, as Jehovah had already told them to procreate, and I believe sex is the way to do it sir.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm not thinking of any passages off hand but I know from personal experiences that Satan lies.

The only one I know of was that Eve wouldn't die. Many still carry on that lie Devin, saying in essence that we cannot die, but have an immortal soul. I tend to believe Jehovah, and although we cannot see into the spirit realm, I believe we die.

Reactions: dev553344

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan lies , however he uses truths taken out of text to do so .
LEt us return back to the garden again .
SATAN DID LIE when he told EVE , OH YOU WONT DIE ,
in that day your eyes shall be opened as ye shall be as gods knowing good and evil .
EVEN GOD said , later , THEIR Eyes have been opened to know good and evil . SEE satan knew a partial truth
BUT HE also knew the day they ate THEY WOULD DIE . HE used a partial truth to cause disobediance to GOD who had said
DONT EAT . SEE that is the KEY .
WE must be as children . IF JESUS said DO DO . and dont let any preacher try and twist a way around that by saying partial truths etiher .

Amen Amigo!

Reactions: amigo de christo

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only one I know of was that Eve wouldn't die. Many still carry on that lie Devin, saying in essence that we cannot die, but have an immortal soul. I tend to believe Jehovah, and although we cannot see into the spirit realm, I believe we die.
Well I know Satan can say the truth perhaps together with a lie. So in a way that is saying something true. Including the possessed devils proclaiming Jesus is the Son of God. So I think while they can tell the truth it is usually for some wicked purpose.

Matthew 8:28-29

28 And He having come to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two men being demon-possessed met Him, coming out of the tombs. They were very violent, so that no one was strong-enough to pass through that way. 29 And behold— they cried-out, saying, “What do we have to do with You, Son of God? Did You come here to torment us before the time?”

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I felt lots of love and peace by and from my own parents . NETIHER ONE FOLLOWED GOD .
WE cannot live by emotions alone but rather by EVERY WORD OF GOD . I suggest we get busy learning just what that means .
Be encouraed now .
I personally don’t think Satan can’t mimic the love that God projects. I too felt love from my parents but the love of Jesus does not even comparable to their love. When I met Jesus I felt a love that nothing compares to under the sun. I felt security wash over me. I knew, right there in my mess that I was safe and I will be ok. I trust him.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well I know Satan can say the truth perhaps together with a lie. So in a way that is saying something true. Including the possessed devils proclaiming Jesus is the Son of God. So I think while they can tell the truth it is usually for some wicked purpose.

Matthew 8:28-29

28 And He having come to the other side, to the country of the Gadarenes, two men being demon-possessed met Him, coming out of the tombs. They were very violent, so that no one was strong-enough to pass through that way. 29 And behold— they cried-out, saying, “What do we have to do with You, Son of God? Did You come here to torment us before the time?”

They are definitely enemies of God and His people for sure Devin. We haven't really seen anything yet however, their war against us is escalating.

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They are definitely enemies of God and His people for sure Devin. We haven't really seen anything yet however, their war against us is escalating.
And it does so under a false love . That is the one thing connecting all religoins and secular to be as one .
This love they preach is of the devil and i refuse to stop warning against it . You will know them
by their constant teachings and reminders about love and unity . Now you know its infected almost every group known to man .
Churches have drunk the kool aide . All , not in the lambs book of life were prepared unto this very hour .
ANY LOVE that overlooks truth and sound doctrine for sake of fellowship is A FALSE LOVE .
When folks attack as does a pitbull dog those who dare to correct with sound doctrine and call them judgmental
THEN KNOW and understand they are already headed right into the grand delusion of this false love which continues
to not only consume more and more folks but its love keeps accepting more and more evil and is turning against any REMINDER
or any RESMEBLANCE OF THE TRUTH . IT GETS ONLY WORSE . WE BESS BE IN BIBLES is all i can say . LEARN THAT JESUS
for ourselves , learn all sound doctrine for ourselves , cause THEY SURE AS HECK AINT GONNA TEACH IT .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and has nothing to do with the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks according to his own nature, for he is a liar and the father of lies. John 8:44 RSV