Satan is the ruler of this world?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here is who is "promised" Heaven.

John 3:16/17

2 Corinthians 5:19
Yes the little flock=Rev 14:3--they are numbered-these will sit on thrones-these are the anointed bride. The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) is promised earth. These make up 1 flock, yet 2 different promises. The great crowd is-the other sheep who are not of that fold( John 10:16)
So it looks like you believe ALL will be saved, you must have missed Jesus' truth-FEW( Matt 7:14) will find the road that leads off into life. Your misconception makes you twist what is said. Jesus opened the door to the whole world-FEW listen and obey him, Few even knows what he taught enough to obey him. 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian, are not true followers. They are lead by these-2Cor 11:12-15

Behold

Apr 11, 2020
Netanya or Pensacola
Faith
Christian
Country
Israel
Yes the little flock=

The born again are already "seated in Heavenly places".
The born again are already IN.. the Kingdom of God.
So, you and your CULT.... are a bit behind the reality, regarding ALL the Born again.

If you can't catch up, maybe that is because you don't actually read or study a BIBLE. (NT)
And thats obvious.
All you do it take a verse or 2, and twist it, as your Cult taught you to do..

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The born again are already "seated in Heavenly places".
The born again are already IN.. the Kingdom of God.
So, you and your CULT.... are a bit behind the reality, regarding ALL the Born again.

If you can't catch up, maybe that is because you don't actually read or study a BIBLE. (NT)
And thats obvious.
All you do it take a verse or 2, and twist it, as your Cult taught you to do..
Any can be told they are born again, it doesn't mean its truth. No religion telling others-You are saved teach truth. Jesus is not with them.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OK, I guess evil is all done away with, and we are experiencing a world without sin..........Anybody see a problem here...?
You are deliberately misquoting me. I never said all evil is done away with in this world today. I wrote that any evil present in today's world is being performed by mankind alone without the presence of Satan anymore to instigate that evil.

Christ once gave a list of all manner of evil which emerges from out of the wicked hearts of mankind. It does not require Satan around anymore for this world to give evidence of that evil lurking in the hearts of mankind.

Last edited:

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes the little flock=Rev 14:3--they are numbered-these will sit on thrones-these are the anointed bride. The great crowd no man can number( Rev 7:9) is promised earth. These make up 1 flock, yet 2 different promises. The great crowd is-the other sheep who are not of that fold( John 10:16)
So it looks like you believe ALL will be saved, you must have missed Jesus' truth-FEW( Matt 7:14) will find the road that leads off into life. Your misconception makes you twist what is said. Jesus opened the door to the whole world-FEW listen and obey him, Few even knows what he taught enough to obey him. 99% of all religion claiming to be Christian, are not true followers. They are lead by these-2Cor 11:12-15
Rev 14:3 refers to the 144k elected by God during the Tribulation to preach the Gospel during that time. They are a completely separate group from the bride of Christ, which is the Church.

Jim C

Sep 5, 2023
Lynnwood
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are deliberately misquoting me. I never said all evil is done away with in this world today. I wrote that any evil present in today's world is being performed by mankind alone without the presence of Satan anymore to instigate that evil. \

Christ once gave a list of all manner of evil which emerges from out of the wicked hearts of mankind. It does not require Satan around anymore for this world to give evidence of that evil lurking in the hearts of mankind.
Utterly wrong. The Preterist view is completely debunked by the book of Revelation.
The Tribulation + Christ's return + Christ's millennium rule + Satan's final rebellion did not occur in the thirty-some years between Christ's Ascension and 70 AD.

3 Resurrections

Jan 20, 2024
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Tribulation + Christ's return + Christ's millennium rule + Satan's final rebellion did not occur in the thirty-some years between Christ's Ascension and 70 AD.
You are correct that the millennium period when Satan's deception was bound did NOT occur in the thirty-some years between Christ's ascension and AD 70. (And many Preterists do wrongly assert this error.) The literal thousand-year millennium was finished when the "First resurrection" of Christ the First-fruits and the Matthew 27:52-53 "remnant of the dead" came to life again that same day in AD 33. Satan's deception of the nations was then released again on earth on Christ's resurrection / ascension day, ending the literal thousand years when Satan's deception of the nations had been bound.

But the "Great Tribulation" / aka the "Days of Vengeance" was imposed on that first-century generation of Israelites who had rejected their prophesied Messiah, and who became Christ's betrayers and murderers. It is why Christ told the women on the way to the cross that they should weep for themselves and their own children for what was going to happen to them before that generation had passed.

And John warned the believers in Revelation 12:12 that Satan's final "short time" of rebellion was an ongoing threat right then. Satan had already come down unto the inhabitants of the world in great wrath, knowing that he only had a "short time" left to operate in this world. That "little season" of Satan's rebellion just after the millennium ended in AD 33 is long gone by now.

And there are multiple texts in scripture that prove a second coming bodily return of Christ in AD 70. Daniel was very specific, and Christ was also. Likewise the vast majority of the NT writers.

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rev 14:3 refers to the 144k elected by God during the Tribulation to preach the Gospel during that time. They are a completely separate group from the bride of Christ, which is the Church.
Many members of the 144 k lived in Jesus' day. Few on earth as of now. These are the bride, the great crowd is not the bride. Only the 144 k are bought from the earth. No where does it say the great crowd goes to heaven.

Bob Estey

Aug 18, 2021
Sparks, Nevada
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Luke 4:5–7:

Satan claimed to have the authority of all the kingdoms of the world. Jesus didn't directly contract this proposition. In fact, Jesus acknowledged this claim in John 12:

Jesus referred to Satan as the ruler of this world. I interpret it as Jesus casting Satan's rulership out of the believers but not out of the world altogether. By the Cross, Jesus would cast Satan's authority out of the believers. Later, before he went to the cross, Jesus again mentioned the title in John 14:

After the cross, 1 John 5 affirmed this claim:

2 Corinthians 4:

i.e., Satan

Is Satan the ruler of this world?

I think so. But he does not rule us, believers. His influence is particularly strong on the unbelievers, 2 Timothy 2:

Satan holds the power of death, Hebrews 2:

For the believers, Matthew 28:

Jesus is greater than Satan. Satan's power was permitted for trials and testing of the believers. This is consistent with the development of satan from the beginning. God is using Satan to test everyone. This is why Satan is still around until the end, Revelation 20:

Here is the good news, 1 John 5:
Yes, the Bible teaches us that Satan is the ruler of the world, Satan, the father of lies. It seems to me over the last few years he's exerted a tremendous amount of influence.

Reactions: Starise

Keiw

Jan 17, 2022
upstate NY
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the Bible teaches us that Satan is the ruler of the world, Satan, the father of lies. It seems to me over the last few years he's exerted a tremendous amount of influence.
After the fall in Eden, all through the bible=99% mislead, the only possible exception was when Israel stood strong, yet they fell over and over.
Jesus compared these last days to Noahs day( 99.9% mislead) 99% minimum today.

Jack

May 3, 2022
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan certainly rules the WatchTower puppet masters!