Satan was right? Egads!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry for causing any bad feelings. I should have been more charitable. I can do that if I choose (I really am born again :)), but I chose to cause contention instead. So I ended up learning a lot from these threads. Forgive me my indiscretion. I'm comforted that Jesus, sitting at the right had of the Father, has. Grace, grace, grace!

God bless you brothers and sisters.

Last edited:

JohnPaul

Soldier of Jehovah and Christ
Jun 10, 2019
New Jersey
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:5,

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.​

Satan suggested to Eve that she could become a god.

Col 1:15,

Who (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:​

Trinitarians aver that being in the image of God actually makes Jesus to be God.

2 Cor 3:18,

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into - His (Jesus) image - - - with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
We are being transformed into the image of Jesus, supposedly YWHY, so are we becoming God, and Satan was right all along?

Further evidence that we are all becoming God, at least from a Trinitarian point of view, is that we are being transformed into that image. The word "transformed" is from the Greek word "morphe" which is used in the favorite Trinitarian "proof" text of Philippians 2:6 where Jesus is said to be on the form (morphe) of God.

So if Jesus being in the form of God, being the image of God, actually makes him God, why aren't we all God and the devil was right all along?

I might suggest a simple solution: Jesus is not God any more than we are God. I don't need to go outside of the scriptures to offer that as a solution. I don't have to make up a God the Son person.

Just putting it out there for food for thought. I definitely love all those who call Jesus their Lord without regard to their stand on the trinity.
There is only one God Jehovah, Jesus is his only begotten son our Savior.

Reactions: Keiw

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:5,

For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.​

Col 1:15,

Who (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature:​

Trinitarians aver that being in the image of God actually makes Jesus to be God.

And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into - His (Jesus) image - - - with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.
We are being transformed into the image of Jesus, supposedly YWHY, so are we becoming God, and Satan was right all along?

Further evidence that we are all becoming God, at least from a Trinitarian point of view, is that we are being transformed into that image. The word "transformed" is from the Greek word "morphe" which is used in the favorite Trinitarian "proof" text of Philippians 2:6 where Jesus is said to be on the form (morphe) of God.

So if Jesus being in the form of God, being the image of God, actually makes him God, why aren't we all God and the devil was right all along?

I might suggest a simple solution: Jesus is not God any more than we are God. I don't need to go outside of the scriptures to offer that as a solution. I don't have to make up a God the Son person.

Just putting it out there for food for thought. I definitely love all those who call Jesus their Lord without regard to their stand on the trinity.
The passage says they will become as gods knowing good and evil. So the only thing like god they would get is knowing good from evil. That does not say they will become gods.

Reactions: Earburner

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one God Jehovah, Jesus is his only begotten son our Savior.
Yes! Jesus is called the son of God some 35 times. Never called God the Son, which does nothing but cause problem after problem in understanding God's will for us. In no other arena of life would one think a son can be his own father. Just shows the power of tradition to think such a thing could be. Tradition makes the Word of God of no effect (Mark 7:13).

Thanks.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm open to other solutions if you have one. I just know that as Jesus is in the image of God and in His form, so are we. If that makes Jesus God, why doesn't it make us God?
Jesus is the son of God, which technically means he is offspring of God himself. We are not. The bible points out that we are created in the image of God. Jesus was in the form of God. Nowhere does it say mankind is in the form of God.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is the son of God, which technically means he is offspring of God himself. We are not. The bible points out that we are created in the image of God. Jesus was in the form of God. Nowhere does it say mankind is in the form of God.
Well, this is from the OP:

The word "transformed" is the verb form of the Greek word "morhe" which is said to make Jesus God in Philippians 2:6. Why not us?

I might also point out that we are born of incorruptible seed as per 1 Peter 1:23. Seed is used to mean offspring throughout the scriptures.

1 John 3:2,

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.​

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, this is from the OP:

The word "transformed" is the verb form of the Greek word "morhe" which is said to make Jesus God in Philippians 2:6. Why not us?

I might also point out that we are born of incorruptible seed as per 1 Peter 1:23. Seed is used to mean offspring throughout the scriptures.

1 John 3:2,

Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: but we know that, when he shall appear, we shall be like him; for we shall see him as he is.​
I think you might be taking this "we'll be gods" too far. Jesus taught that we would be as the Angels of Heaven in the Resurrection, not gods. Simply put, as an angel is not as a god. Keep referencing scripture to understand our existence after this life.

Matthew 22:30

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you might be taking this "we'll be gods" too far. Jesus taught that we would be as the Angels of Heaven in the Resurrection, not gods. Simply put, as an angel is not as a god. Keep referencing scripture to understand our existence after this life.

Matthew 22:30

“For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.”
I'm taking Genesis 3:5 too far? I just quoted it. Didn't really go into much else about it.

I suppose I could have left it out altogether and maybe I should have. Humor me and pretend I did. :) It's irrelevant to my main point anyway. My main concern was, if being in the form and image of God makes Jesus God, why not us?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm open to other solutions if you have one. I just know that as Jesus is in the image of God and in His form, so are we. If that makes Jesus God, why doesn't it make us God?
Jesus is not just "in the image of God". He is Almighty God. Big difference.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm taking Genesis 3:5 too far? I just quoted it. Didn't really go into much else about it.

I suppose I could have left it out altogether and maybe I should have. Humor me and pretend I did. :) It's irrelevant to my main point anyway. My main concern was, if being in the form and image of God makes Jesus God, why not us?
I already answered that, We are NOT in the form of God. God is a massively powerful Holy Spirit, and Jesus and God the Father both have bodies on top of that massively powerful spirit. Our spirits are tiny and in the image of man.

Think back to Genesis. God, in the universe and all it's massive size, moved his spirit upon the waters and said let there be light. And in that massive spirit he created the universe, which the bible calls "the heavens and earth". We are not in the form of God. We are in bodies that have like an image of Jesus' body. There is a massive difference between us humans and God.

Genesis 1:2-3

2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Placing these verses here in the KJV because other versions muck things up pretty good.

Philippians 2:6,10
[6]Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
[10]That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's refreshing and comforting to see this post. I've been astonished at how many do not believe Jesus is who the Word says He is.

Reactions: Enoch111

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
so are we becoming God, and Satan was right all along?
John 8:44
[44]Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Rich R

Mar 14, 2022
Julian, CA
julianbiblestudy.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where does it say, "Jesus is God?" Of course the answer is, nowhere.

Instead it is inferred that him being in the image and form of God as him actually being God, so I was wondering why us being in the same form and image of God doesn't make us God also.

I hear Col 1:15 and Phil 2:6 used as trinity proof verses all the time. I merely pointed out that we also, as born again children of God, are both in the form and image of God (see OP for verses). So if that makes Jesus god, why not us?

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
False. It says Jesus is God throughout the Bible. So you are simply willfully ignorant or willfully blind. Same difference.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

PinSeeker

Oct 4, 2021
Nashville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I don't disagree, but actually, Satan suggested to Eve that she could be her own God.

Col 1:15, "Who (Jesus) is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of every creature":
You either don't see this discrepancy, or refuse to acknowledge it, even after you yourself state it. In Colossians 1:15, Paul says Jesus is the image of the invisible God, i.e., the visible manifestation of the invisible God, rather than just a reflection of Him. Trinitarians do not aver in any way that Jesus is in the image of God, as you suggest, but that He is the image of God, which is exactly what Paul writes there. That's just astounding; you quote Paul directly, which is a good thing, but then you change it into something other than what it is and then attribute that to trinitarians. Just astounding.

2 Cor 3:18, "And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into - His (Jesus) image - - - with intensifying glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." We are being transformed into the image of Jesus, supposedly YWHY
Right, we will be like Him, but still not Him. We will never be the image of Jesus, but conformed to Him and made like Him, and so finally will be perfectly in His image, but not the image itself.

so are we becoming God, and Satan was right all along?
No. The very suggestion is ludicrous.

I might suggest a simple solution: Jesus is not God any more than we are God. I don't need to go outside of the scriptures to offer that as a solution.
And I would denounce that as no solution at all, or at best a very worldly one, and we all know what happens in the end to worldly things. :)

I don't have to make up a God the Son person.
Well, I don't either. :) None of us does. He is God, He is God's Son, and He is a Person. :)

Just putting it out there for food for thought.
Ah, you're being disingenuous, here, Rich. But even so, as food, it's way, way past its expiration date. And smells really bad... :)

Grace and peace to you.

Reactions: marks and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Satan has blinded your eyes to the scripture, or else you refuse the truth. The scripture speaks over and over to the fact that Jesus is God and always was. There are 3 or 4 threads ongoing right now on this very subject and there is a multitude of scriptural references to Jesus being God. Faith in (the true) Jesus Christ is a requirement for salvation. I'm shaking my head over how many faithless people there are on this forum.