Satan - who was he in the book of Job?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ya, unfortunately that describes most people, even believers, as imo it is designed to. As soon as you say "You have to _______" (in order to be "saved" or whatever, anything), you have just admitted to being under the law. imo. We all revert to the law i think, and forget our "first love." Or maybe some people don't, but i sure did
I totally agree, and the thing about our first love He showed me once, because I was trying so very hard, to recapture something, at one point was this......The first Love, is HIS Love for us...Return to His Love and once we do we get besotted with Him all over again...I think all the laws and rules people impose on themselves and others, is what pulls them away from that indescribable Love....We are mere men ( human) when not with Him..We can't do a single thing without HIm..

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
understand that that might be completely true, or it might only be true in a sense, and we maybe get the explanation that we can comprehend at the time, until we mature or understand better and a better explanation can now be understood. We are plainly told that our works will be judged, after many passages of assurance that works will not save us.

And of course this "judgement" is stated as being "in the future" (or is it? actually, that is an assumption imo), but if you go look the Book does not say that. Don't we judge people by what they do, and not so much by what they say, right now? So i am suspicious of this judgement, tomorrow, tbh, and i suggest that it is at least possible that a literary device is being used whenever "tomorrow" is intimated, to indicate when a seeker has changed their minds, or however you might like to put it; got committed iow.

A lot of things in regard to God, goes way over our heads...Paul said that the bottom line was to live in Faith, Hope and Love, but that Love is the greatest of all....so perhaps if Christians would just concentrate on those things, perhaps we could all get into some form of unity?...Not in all things as we are all so different, but In Him....

Reactions: bbyrd009

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
but we can already see how the perceptions would significantly alter the likely "tending," right?
For sure...Again, we are not yet where we see all things clearly...I just think it important to let the Lord know that we will not require punishment for a person on our account , that we will do what He asks, and not judge ( as hard as that is at time ).

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
and if of course the person repents.
well of course we are to forgive them anyway, but the point was that that forgiveness will not avail them if they reject it, just like Adam and Eve could not hear "Who told you that you were naked?" and suddenly be comfortable naked around God, Who couldn't care less apparently.

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
A lot of things in regard to God, goes way over our heads...Paul said that the bottom line was to live in Faith, Hope and Love, but that Love is the greatest of all....so perhaps if Christians would just concentrate on those things, perhaps we could all get into some form of unity?...Not in all things as we are all so different, but In Him....
ya, well there is a cure for that--just start asking four year olds what they would do in a situation, and follow their advice! :)
and imo forget about Jesus coming back to save you again until this is the norm.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I totally agree, and the thing about our first love He showed me once, because I was trying so very hard, to recapture something, at one point was this......The first Love, is HIS Love for us...Return to His Love and once we do we get besotted with Him all over again...I think all the laws and rules people impose on themselves and others, is what pulls them away from that indescribable Love....We are mere men ( human) when not with Him..We can't do a single thing without HIm..
yes, so now as an adult we go through this gloppy religious characterization thingy to get to the same...ha, not even the same, a poor facsimile of--thing a little kid does without even thinking about it

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Believers are no longer naked though....Also we have been given the right to forgive people, as indeed He had..
When someone wrongs me, I try to be as quick as at all possible in forgiving them...they may not know, but God does....Whether other people will forgive that same person is another matter, and if of course the person repents..
Oh, yes, if we are really believers, we are no longer naked. Give God the glory!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
yes, so now as an adult we go through this gloppy religious characterization thingy to get to the same...ha, not even the same, a poor facsimile of--thing a little kid does without even thinking about it
For sure, kids don't have a single problem with a 'gift', they'll just receive it...You just made me think also, that perhaps that is why Jesus said to come to Him as a child, and Paul to say 'child like' ( not childish of course )...But I guess most adults are under the mistaken assumption that they know everything haha

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Okay so let's revisit the OP.

I recently read this in a Christian commentary which I would say would echo the thoughts of many in this forum.

"Satan has access to God’s throne in heaven. Thanks to John Milton’s Paradise Lost, many people have the mistaken idea that Satan is ruling this world from hell (“Better to reign in hell, than serve in heav’n”). But Satan will not be cast into the lake of fire until before the final judgment. Today, he is free to go about on the earth and can even go into God’s presence in heaven"

I would be keen to understand how believing Christians support such ideas.

F2F

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I recently read this in a Christian commentary which I would say would echo the thoughts of many in this forum.

"Satan has access to God’s throne in heaven. Thanks to John Milton’s Paradise Lost, many people have the mistaken idea that Satan is ruling this world from hell (“Better to reign in hell, than serve in heav’n”). But Satan will not be cast into the lake of fire until before the final judgment. Today, he is free to go about on the earth and can even go into God’s presence in heaven"

F2F

Why don't you present why you disagree with it? You presented it.

Stranger

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Sorry, yes you are right about that :)
a word about this, you say i am right, implying that others are maybe wrong, an opinion which i have held for the longest myself--even if that was not exactly what you meant lol--but i am now seeing that what i said might not speak to some, whereas what someone else says--that i might not even agree with any longer; hmm. too weird lol--might be what someone else needs to hear!

ha, how's that for nonsense making sense? :)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country

F2F
well, imo satan is a spirit, not personified iow, and one might reflect how "hell" and heaven exist as concepts, rather than as places, as is illuminated in Scripture, several places. Iow we characterize God as "in heaven," but also that God is "omnipresent." Does that mean that God is in hell, too?

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
a word about this, you say i am right, implying that others are maybe wrong, an opinion which i have held for the longest myself--even if that was not exactly what you meant lol--but i am now seeing that what i said might not speak to some, whereas what someone else says--that i might not even agree with any longer; hmm. too weird lol--might be what someone else needs to hear!

ha, how's that for nonsense making sense? :)
Haha yeah but still.. surely unconditional love has to be the bottom line, although I do think we humans have an awful hard time with that one...Just to let you know, my computer has been playing up terribly this morning, going on and off with no reason and I lose whatever I have written, not just here on the forum but in my normal e-mail as well, so if I end up not being on for a little while, that will be why.
I have so enjoyed all your replies, thanks for taking all that time to do it, and it's been easy to 'oversee' as to what is what, the way you did it... Takes a little longer to get through it, but no confusion .....
Have a great day, when it is day, where you are. Hope my computer doesn't break down, that's for sure. :)

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
well, imo satan is a spirit, not personified iow, and one might reflect how "hell" and heaven exist as concepts, rather than as places, as is illuminated in Scripture, several places. Iow we characterize God as "in heaven," but also that God is "omnipresent." Does that mean that God is in hell, too?

Any inspired evidence?