Satan - who was he in the book of Job?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That's right...it's spiritual wickedness...who do you think qualified?
I see where you are coming from, you think it man's spirits, right? Still doesn't quite cut it in relation to the principalities etc. How can we be principalities ? This is certainly not something I can say that I know....But I am always wanting to learn..

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
( to bbyrd009 )
I am not aware of this....When or what did
Cain accuse his brother of ?

It says "And Abel, he also brought of the firstlings of his flock and of the fat thereof. And the Lord had respect unto Abel and to his offering:
But unto Cain and to his offering He had not respect. And Cain was very wroth, and his countenance fell......
And Cain talked with Abel his brother: and it came to pass, when they were in the field, that Cain rose up against Abel his brother, and slew him. "

We are not told what they talk about..but it says "talked with his brother" So it was a two way conversation.
This to me is a clear picture of the spirit of anti-Christ slaying the spirit of Christ.
Able being a 'type' of Christ. Righteous blood.."And God said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto Me from the ground."
We can follow the anti-Christ spirit through the ages..... we later see Herod trying to slay the young Christ child....I believe as the days we live in get darker ..that anti-spirit will openly manifest itself even more against "the righteous seed of Christ" ( God Church)

Just my two cents :D

Reactions: pia and face2face

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I'm really not sure on that......What about the statement that we don't fight against flesh and blood ?

Cain is a clear example of jealousy and murder (1 John 3:12)... Cain is the first recorded heretic. His way is that of selfishness and sensuality. Jude uses him ("taken the way of Cain") as a comparison to that false teachers (reports) who are harming their brothers by their doctrines, as Cain harmed his brother Abel. Heresy is always more than being sincerely mistaken about a doctrine. As with Cain, it is direct disobedience to God and has harmful consequences for others.

The Hebrew word Devil means to strike or stab with an accusation or evil report. Cain's lies and deceipt fit the profile of one who is a slanderer.

F2F

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I see where you are coming from, you think it man's spirits, right? Still doesn't quite cut it in relation to the principalities etc. How can we be principalities ? This is certainly not something I can say that I know....But I am always wanting to learn..

The word principalities emphasizes the concept of rulership perticulary of governing; principalities govern.
This could speak of angels, or even rulers of nations.

We know angels are not spiritually wicked But what of the rulers of the nations?

Reactions: pia

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
All four can't be right, so there is a huge problem already
from a logical pov this is correct imo, but i suggest that even there in those passages, the differences exist for a reason, and they were likely installed on purpose to call attention to a spiritual concept. If you were to mention an apparent contradiction, we could explore it and see, not that we will be providing or revealing any "proof" or "facts," but we will be able to explore other points of view @ those passages.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I might actually be better off, just forgetting all that and just go on, and not engage those who are already converted but go to those who are not, and just speak to them normally, not just quoting scriptures at them, which they have no understanding of anyway...
this strikes me as a great idea, i don't think God should be confined to religion myself.
If one cannot translate spiritual lessons into the mundane then what is the point?

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I must say I have trouble believing this also, but I have also seen a lot of testimonies from other peoples near death experiences....One was a brain surgeon, who had not been a believer...he was shown a terrible place, he said.....Many others too....Me however, it was just a pitch blackness with zero sound, that was frightening enough.....it is so hard to understand all the differences...One thing though which I have not seen different in all the accounts I have seen, and that is the Love..
imo Hades is likely a place where everyone there can see you exactly as you really are. And so is Heaven.

"i hope you get what you deserve" can be a blessing or a curse i guess

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I was asking about a man, before Jesus death and before the Holy spirit was given, having been able to receive revelation from above as to who Jesus actually was....How would that have been possible ?
sure, i understand you. That same feeling is why i am driven to contemplate perspectives other than the religious ones, that suggest some kind of magic or whatever was possible in Bible times that no longer obtains or whatever. Hence the reflection of the addict.

Which worked for me, but you may have a better one revealed to you at some point. If you reflect upon the spiritual elements of a parable with an open mind--iow be willing to see that the demon possessed man represents you, or since you are already pretty pure hearted you could just stick me in there instead or whatever lol--the Spirit will supply an apt analogy for you if you seek long enough, in my experience usually while you are on a pause from concentrating on it or whatever, one just suddenly kind of reveals itself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
And what did it mean " Have you ( Jesus ) come to torment us BEFORE our time."
this to me speaks to the pov of the addict, which is i guess why that analogy worked for me (at least for now). Obviously Jesus did not come to torment anyone, right, and so i remember being an addict, and knowing that my salvation lied in Not Being Addicted--essentially another name for Christ iow--but at the same time also resisting, and feeling that i was being "tormented" by social workers or whatever, like that, "before my time," because i wanted to keep using of course, and quit "tomorrow."

So, this is just a perspective, and if it doesn't work for you then you'll come upon one that will, and fwiw it might not look anything like the addict scenario, at least on some level. I've heard people with weight issues relate scenarios here that have to do with food instead of drugs, for instance. But really the spiritual elements don't change. So, play with the perspective shifts imo, iow don't assume the perspective that the Bible is like maybe even encouraging you to take, or at least it will seem like that prolly, put yourself in the various other perspectives as well.

I mean how about the townspeople surrounding the possessed man? Why would they be "fearful" after seeing the possessed guy in his right mind? And wanting Jesus to leave? Shouldn't they be overjoyed, and begging Him to stay?

but those are my questions, and i don't mean to sidetrack you lol, you should def reflect upon the questions that you have in a passage, and not someone else's imo.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Both of those people were well aware of the law being fulfilled in Christ...What they saw was their own freedom, but what had to be done to those who were under 'accusations' by other humans or perhaps even fallen ones ???
well, staying within that analogy, imo what had to be done was to stop accusing them, or stop listening to the accusations, and dismiss court, or recognize that court has been dismissed, and then give them the Good News. But of course we are all mired in law, swimming in it, we are no different from the Israelites, because human nature has not changed, until a human changes their nature, right. It's just so much easier to dial 911 than to be responsible imo. I'm talking for like cats in trees or whatever there, for most people, although i can't imagine what i would be calling 911 for myself.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
but what had to be done to those who were under 'accusations' by other humans or perhaps even fallen ones ???
another valid perspective here is, who told one that anything had to be done for these people? Outside of "feed my sheep" iow. Now if one is led to provide some services to people in need then i am all for it, don't get me wrong, but we are a codependent nation of people now, rather than being interdependent, and i'm sure you have had some experience with "helping people?" Iow JW's coming to your door are as legitimate a helper in this sense as any one attempting to alleviate the spiritual suffering of anyone else. Of course the dynamic is different if someone is asking, rather than being braced, but the point is that people also often take advantage, and "service" can easily become codependent enabling, or essentially "works of the law," people doing things to please God instead of actually serve others.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I am not aware of this....When or what did
Cain accuse his brother of ?
ya, if he answers google will be edified too lol
When or what did Cain accuse his brother of ? - Google Search

but also in a diff pov murder is the ultimate accusation i guess right.
Of course we are both Cain and Abel, and that is what the parable is really about; the part of us that kills the other part so as to get along in the world

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
I believe as the days we live in get darker ..that anti-spirit will openly manifest itself even more against "the righteous seed of Christ" ( God Church)
i pretty much agree with all that, but a word about this uniquely American pov of "the days getting darker..."

i suggest that this is not the zeitgeist in most of those places you hear atrocities about in the MSM, ok. We are in an Empire in the decline/decadence stage, which is why this perspective is so prevalent right now among us, but in China, for instance, much of the East in fact right now, it is 1952, Ozzie and Harriet time. Be willing to believe that the days are getting brighter, even as we witness the Empire implode, as Empires do.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
We are not told what they talk about
ha, but once you see yourself as a person who prefers to plow their own ground, rather than shepherd others, you realize you already know what they talked about, imo. If only people were sheep, right? Shepherding people is more akin to herding cats, and of course Scripture puts it that way TIC, but also because there is truth in it, that is only realized after say someone sees that someone else who might be being quite evil to them, yelling at them or whatever about some issue or concept, is really also just a scared little kid on some level. From there one's responses may be examined to see whether they are really "shepherding" in the way of Abel (completely ignoring the evil and yelling, and recognizing the fear) or plowing their own ground in the way of Cain (i don't have to take that, i have a degree, and i am the one can help you, recognize my authoritay, etc)

Reactions: Helen

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
this strikes me as a great idea, i don't think God should be confined to religion myself.
If one cannot translate spiritual lessons into the mundane then what is the point?
Exactly ! I have surely had much more action with people I have met, who were at the 'lower' end of our society. Ones who may have heard about religious things and rejected them. But speak to them normally and speak of His unconditional Love, and they actually do listen, or at least most of the ones I have encountered... :)

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
from a logical pov this is correct imo, but i suggest that even there in those passages, the differences exist for a reason, and they were likely installed on purpose to call attention to a spiritual concept. If you were to mention an apparent contradiction, we could explore it and see, not that we will be providing or revealing any "proof" or "facts," but we will be able to explore other points of view @ those passages.
I have no problem with the written account, but I refuse to replace the real one with these written accounts.....I love the Bible, it tells us of Jesus and our loving Father, but it is a mistake turning it into some other written in stone rules.
I see it as a means to bring people TO Christ, but once there, they should go on to get to know Him, if they really do believe what they are reading....

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
imo Hades is likely a place where everyone there can see you exactly as you really are. And so is Heaven.

"i hope you get what you deserve" can be a blessing or a curse i guess
Thankfully being restored to our Father has nothing to do with what we deserve, thank God for that...Whatever that place was, the only reference I was able to connect it to years later, when I got hold of a Bible for the first time, is where it talk of an 'outer darkness' ??? Have a really hard time believing in a place where the spirits of people are tortured in flames by the devil and demons for the rest of eternity....it just doesn't fit with anything of what I have experienced with Jesus or anything that He has said......Utter destruction as if a person had never lived, now that, I can equate with Love, and only those who flatly refuse to be reconciled with Him, as they are the ones choosing that fate....
I certainly didn't deserve being rescued from that blackness, I had never given Him the time of day, but I will surely be grateful till the end of time.
What you wrote seems correct to me, at least with Jesus. Something odd happens when our eyes meet His...We 'see' that He knows absolutely 100% of everything about us....I assume that would be the exact same for everyone...

pia

May 30, 2009
West Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
sure, i understand you. That same feeling is why i am driven to contemplate perspectives other than the religious ones, that suggest some kind of magic or whatever was possible in Bible times that no longer obtains or whatever. Hence the reflection of the addict.

Which worked for me, but you may have a better one revealed to you at some point. If you reflect upon the spiritual elements of a parable with an open mind--iow be willing to see that the demon possessed man represents you, or since you are already pretty pure hearted you could just stick me in there instead or whatever lol--the Spirit will supply an apt analogy for you if you seek long enough, in my experience usually while you are on a pause from concentrating on it or whatever, one just suddenly kind of reveals itself.
Surely I agree with you on all that, except me being pure hearted ??? I know that He certainly is, but I have not had a pure life, the way some would call pure..........Strangely I did find out that my name is the female form of the Latin word 'pious', which the priest who baptized me ( oh yes they did do that part in Denmark, but it was more of a tradition than anything ) suggested to my very young unmarried mum....I had to laugh, when I found that out, but now it just makes me love Him even more...also my mum had tried every single thing she could have, to try and abort me, it didn't take lol