Save Your Christian Marriage

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jp83

Oct 11, 2008
If You Don’t Act Now,You’ll Regret It Later!It’s just too easy to do nothing. And then another day, week, month, then year passes with only worsening issues. Or a letter from an attorney arrives!Let’s face it: we live in a culture that constantly calls us away from our marriage. In fact, we live in a society that not only approves of divorce, it makes it easy to get.But together, you and your couple can work to change that, saving one marriage at a time, starting with yours! Actually, it will be you, me, and God making that change possible.How do you Think???saveyourchristianmarriage.com/?hop=z310no

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(jp83;61526)
If You Don’t Act Now,You’ll Regret It Later!It’s just too easy to do nothing. And then another day, week, month, then year passes with only worsening issues. Or a letter from an attorney arrives!Let’s face it: we live in a culture that constantly calls us away from our marriage. In fact, we live in a society that not only approves of divorce, it makes it easy to get.But together, you and your couple can work to change that, saving one marriage at a time, starting with yours! Actually, it will be you, me, and God making that change possible.How do you Think???saveyourchristianmarriage.com/?hop=z310no
Did you know that God had a divorce?

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(eternalarcadia;61531)
huh??
Divorce itself is not a sin. It's the reason behind it which makes it a sin.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(Jordan;61528)
Yes of course God divorce Israel because of her idolatry, but it was not His desire to do so. He would have much preferred her to have stayed faithful. Divorce is a major problem in our society, it is the easy way out but it leaves scares and it would be far better if it was avoided.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tomwebster;61537)
(Jordan;61528)
Yes of course God divorce Israel because of her idolatry, but it was not His desire to do so. He would have much preferred her to have stayed faithful. Divorce is a major problem in our society, it is the easy way out but it leaves scares and it would be far better if it was avoided.That's true. And I agree 100%. Like I said Divorce itself is not a sin, it's the reason behind that... And divorce does indeed destroys life.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
Yes, but also let me point out that when God divorced Israel, he stayed divorced as taking the woman back (or remarrying) was prohibited by Law. So for Him to remarry, there had to be a death which was the only way by Law to remarry---- that death was Christ (and Paul uses the death interchangeably to mean the believer in Christ dying as well being associated with Christ). Either way, death was involved which allowed one to remarry.I am adamantly against divorce. However, if one has to divorce such as an abusive spouse, then that's OK, but I recommend to then stay single. I have found in certain instances where the Lord provided someone better, and perhaps in that case the first marriage was not seen in God's eyes is the only way I can figure. But technically speaking, they should stay single until the spouse dies (and that does not include shooting them deliberately
biggrin.gif
)

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tim_from_pa;61550)
Yes, but also let me point out that when God divorced Israel, he stayed divorced as taking the woman back (or remarrying) was prohibited by Law. So for Him to remarry, there had to be a death which was the only way by Law to remarry---- that death was Christ (and Paul uses the death interchangeably to mean the believer in Christ dying as well being associated with Christ). Either way, death was involved which allowed one to remarry.I am adamantly against divorce. However, if one has to divorce such as an abusive spouse, then that's OK, but I recommend to then stay single. I have found in certain instances where the Lord provided someone better, and perhaps in that case the first marriage was not seen in God's eyes is the only way I can figure. But technically speaking, they should stay single until the spouse dies (and that does not include shooting them deliberately
biggrin.gif
)
I hate divorces. Great post Tim.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(tim_from_pa;61550)
biggrin.gif
)
Tim, If the divorced person repents of their part of the sin, what happens? Doesn't Scripture say they are forgiven? And when God forgives our sin, is it not forgotten? And if our sin is buried in the depth of the deepest sea to be remembered know more, is it not, in God's eye, as if we had never sinned? So if we are forgiven, and the sin is gone, is it not as if we had never been married?

Follower

Oct 1, 2008
(tomwebster;61560)
Tim, If the divorced person repents of their part of the sin, what happens? Doesn't Scripture say they are forgiven? And when God forgives our sin, is it not forgotten? And if our sin is buried in the depth of the deepest sea to be remembered know more, is it not, in God's eye, as if we had never sinned? So if we are forgiven, and the sin is gone, is it not as if we had never been married?
Tom in the Confessional, "Father, forgive me for helping the poor. Forgive me for being slow to anger. Forgive me for getting married."

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
Maybe we need to take a step back. The word says what GOD brings together let no man seperate. How many marriages do you know GOD brought together? Getting married because you have so much in common, or because it just seemed right, does not mean that GOD brought them together. People get married out of lust, loneliness, convience, or because they can walk away from it if it doesn't work out, no big deal.You are not suppost to be unequally yoked. Do not marry a non-chirstian or someone of another faith. How could you hold them to living acording to your belief if they don't believe that? Equally yoked means you stand in agreement on the word of God.

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(Sasha;61914)
Maybe we need to take a step back. The word says what GOD brings together let no man seperate. How many marriages do you know GOD brought together? Getting married because you have so much in common, or because it just seemed right, does not mean that GOD brought them together. People get married out of lust, loneliness, convience, or because they can walk away from it if it doesn't work out, no big deal.You are not suppost to be unequally yoked. Do not marry a non-chirstian or someone of another faith. How could you hold them to living acording to your belief if they don't believe that? Equally yoked means you stand in agreement on the word of God.
Actually, that is a good point, Sasha. I have several Christian friends in their second marriages (and our pastor is in his third) that know my stance, yet I am very accepting lest I sound too harsh. The key to your point is did God put them together? Nowadays, I don't think too many people think about that. And if God did not put them together, then I have to ask where was God when they needed Him? It's little things like this that I have to get a tad angry with God especially when skeptics use things like this to poke fun at us Christians. But then again, some people have such a deluded view of God, and so sure of themselves, that they fight His will even if God tries to prevent it, so God lets them go.Such was a case with me. I almost married a woman that I was sure that God had for me, but then it did not work out. Thank God that He delivered me from that. But with my present wife (of 22 years no less) I "knew" that God wanted us together when I saw the palm of her hand. I'm not into palmistry so don't even go there--- I was amazed as well. But initially I bucked it and had doubts. But here we are 22 years later going strong. In spite of my feelings, I just trusted God. And 22 years later I couldn't love anyone else more. He knew who was best for me.I suspect based on my own experience, and this is just one way to look at it, that most people "follow their heart" when indeed they are going 100 mph toward a brick wall without brakes, and then wonder why it falls apart. And the true mate they reject "because it does not feel right". Man's heart is messed up to begin with and is desperately wicked---- hence the high divorce rate. You see this same stubbornness even on this board, but with other doctrines. I never seen so many pompous whatevers get banned because they think they are so right and have God's truth, but then it falls apart later in their lives and they wonder why. I question everything, my beliefs included---- sometimes I change and sometimes I stay the same.For my Christian friends that ask me about this, I say, well maybe it was your second spouse you were supposed to marry first, but did not listen!
biggrin.gif

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
I think a lot of it has to do with the great lack of commitment in society today. People don't understand the importance of vows. It isn't always easy.By the way, my wife and I just celebrated 41 years yesterday.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(tomwebster;62044)
I think a lot of it has to do with the great lack of commitment in society today. People don't understand the importance of vows. It isn't always easy.By the way, my wife and I just celebrated 41 years yesterday.
Congratulations Tom!

tim_from_pa

Jul 11, 2007
(tomwebster;62044)
Congrats Tom! I couldn't think of a nicer guy for a woman to have. My wife and I celebrated our 22 years September 13.

Sasha

Jul 27, 2008
The heart of man is the man, he is spirit and that is what God looks at is the heart of man. People are more likely to follow their emotions. I feel so nervous, I feel so giddy, I feel so excited, he makes me feel so special, he makes me feel so loved, she makes me feel respected, she makes me feel like I can do anything. The bad thing about that is emotions can change from day to day. And are usually based on how others treat them, therefor after time passes by you hear, if she would do this I would do that, or if he would do that I would do this.