saved by faith alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is a man who is justified saved? I think so..
you think so ?????? go back and study your Bible the reason ole ezra is not interested is i am avoiding foolish questions . if you dont know i suggest you find out

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, even though Ezra has abandoned his campaign, I haven't. Why abandon a quest for truth? The Bible says by grace we are saved. And its by faith. Ole Ezra doesn't seem interested with answering my questions or posts. Thats ok. I don't blame him.

Is a man who is justified saved? I think so... Why would he not be? Would God not save a justified man? I don't see why not.

Romans 5:1-2 KJV
Therefore being justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ: [2] By whom also we have access by faith into this grace wherein we stand, and rejoice in hope of the glory of God.

Romans 3:28 KJV
Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

I might be wrong, but I don't think there will be a bunch of justified men burning in the lake of fire.
nice cherry picking scriptures now post justified by grace and the blood then Ephesians 2:8-9

Daniel Veler

Apr 17, 2021
Gulf port
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The answer is by understanding the parable of the sower. And what the apostle wrote concerning God’s grace:
Let that therefore abide in you, which ye have heard from the beginning.

“If that which ye have heard from the beginning shall remain in you, ye also shall continue in the Son, and in the Father. And this is the promise that he hath promised us, even eternal life.”
In the sower only one hearer was counted for the children of God.

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you think so ?????? go back and study your Bible the reason ole ezra is not interested is i am avoiding foolish questions . if you dont know i suggest you find out
Personally, I don't see what is foolish about the question. "Is a justified man saved?" That's a foolish question?

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nice cherry picking scriptures now post justified by grace and the blood then Ephesians 2:8-9
Well, I already have! I've stated several times that grace does the saving. I've thrown my full support behind Eph 2:8-9. By the way, those verses don't say we are "justified by grace". That's what it comes down to and there are verses that say we are justified by grace (Romans 3:24, Titus 3:7).

So there you go... I,ve ONCE AGAIN acknowledged the roll of grace and Eph 2:8-9. I also brought up a couple of scriptures about being justified by grace which I dont remember you bringing up.

But when I bring up verses about being justified by faith, that's foolish and cherry picking.... Well, it doesn't matter if I cherry picked them, orange picked the or nose picked them: they are still there!

There is a relationship between grace and faith that most Christians understand: if you have faith, you get grace. If you don't have faith, you don't have grace. They come together. If you have one, you have the other.

So saying we are justified by faith is just as correct as saying we are justified by grace. Both statements are in the Bible (ver batem, I might add). Likewise, saying we are saved by faith is also just as correct as saying we are saved by grace.

So if you think these are foolish questions and cherry picking, remember that God chose foolish things to confound the mighty.

I will leave you with one more cherry picked verse:

Luke 7:50 KJV
And he said to the woman, Thy faith hath saved thee; go in peace.

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize you are asking for scripture... and this is not scripture, however my thought is that when considering the possibility of life beyond my passing years here in this life, I can't think of anything else other than Faith that might be of use beyond my death. No matter what I do here, how much I achieve here, or how much I might have, I don't really get to take anything other than my heart or Faith beyond the grave.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Personally, I don't see what is foolish about the question. "Is a justified man saved?" That's a foolish question?
for the simple fact and you know it or i would hope you would we are justified the moment we are saved and sanctified . its a know so salvation . unless your a new born christen that does not know the Bible , yes i consider it a foolish question to bring strife

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
but it was grace that did the saving we accept it by through faith .. enjoy your cherries
Really? Well Jesus said it was her faith.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Really? Well Jesus said it was her faith.
so all a person needs is faith and there saved minibus the grace john 1; 16From His fullness we have all received grace upon grace. 17For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ. but after all tour not sure om justification see it was her faith in Jesu who is the saving GRACE he paid the price so we could be forgiven he arose again so we could have eternal life . really really :eek:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
for the simple fact and you know it or i would hope you would we are justified the moment we are saved and sanctified . its a know so salvation . unless your a new born christen that does not know the Bible , yes i consider it a foolish question to bring strife
No it wasn't a foolish question, its just not convient for you. I have clearly shown verses that say we are justified by faith and even one that says the woman was saved by faith... And you are tryi g to say orherwise.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have clearly shown verses that say we are justified by faith
then add by Grace and the Blood the devil believes (has faith )

Last edited:

FHII

Apr 9, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then add by Grace and the Blood the devil believes (has faith )
Since the start I have said it was grace through faith.... Nearly everyone has too. This is pretty much a worthless thread.

One day I should explain what it is exactly the devil believes and why it isnt faith....

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I realize you are asking for scripture... and this is not scripture, however my thought is that when considering the possibility of life beyond my passing years here in this life, I can't think of anything else other than Faith that might be of use beyond my death. No matter what I do here, how much I achieve here, or how much I might have, I don't really get to take anything other than my heart or Faith beyond the grave.
iam not anti faith just anti saved by faith alone. works has nothing to with any of my post yet it comes up. i have those who agree saved by grace through faith. still insist justified by faith .but leave out the other 2 grace and Blood

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is pretty much a worthless thread.

One day I should explain what it is exactly the devil believes and why it isnt faith....
yet you still respond ---------------i am fully aware of what the devil believes..to believe in is to have personal knowledge. the discussion has believe in it as in john 3:16 i await your next reply to a worthless thread . your one day of explaining might should be soon.. one of us mike wake up in Glory i know in who i have believed see I know i have eternal life i dont have to ask

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Hi @HeartNSoul19 Interesting that Hebrews 11 keeps repeating example after example of 'by faith', 'by faith', 'by faith', from the Old Testament, and in 12.2 the writer exhorts readers to keep 'looking unto Jesus, the author and finisher of our faith'. :)