saved by faith alone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i would like to see scripture that has these exact words in it .

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

its not by faith alone its by grace through faith or through grace by faith. faith is belief and or trust. the devil believes the Word of God, but he has not God's favor (grace). hence the acceptance of repentance.

without the Lord God's favor, it don't matter what your statues is, or what you do and or don't believe.

sons of Adam are born into sin, condemnation the life Adam had after the tree. the sons of Noah can find God's favor (grace) as Noah had. the sons of Abraham Isaac and Jacob can have salvation by faith of Abraham which is through the grace (favor) Noah found. read the conversations Moses had with the Lord God where Moses would constantly mention that they (the Children of Israel, meaning children of Jacob) had found grace in His sight.

Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

hence the Jew by faith, the gentile through faith. one should understand that the "faith" as in Jesus Christ is the same "faith" of Abraham. both are belief, and trust in the Word of God.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
its not by faith alone its by grace through faith or through grace by faith. faith is belief and or trust. the devil believes the Word of God, but he has not God's favor (grace). hence the acceptance of repentance.

without the Lord God's favor, it don't matter what your statues is, or what you do and or don't believe.

sons of Adam are born into sin, condemnation the life Adam had after the tree. the sons of Noah can find God's favor (grace) as Noah had. the sons of Abraham Isaac and Jacob can have salvation by faith of Abraham which is through the grace (favor) Noah found. read the conversations Moses had with the Lord God where Moses would constantly mention that they (the Children of Israel, meaning children of Jacob) had found grace in His sight.

Rom 3:30 Seeing it is one God, which shall justify the circumcision by faith, and uncircumcision through faith.

hence the Jew by faith, the gentile through faith. one should understand that the "faith" as in Jesus Christ is the same "faith" of Abraham. both are belief, and trust in the Word of God.

Jas 2:20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?

Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;

Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Jas 2:25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

Jas 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jas 2:20 Do you want to be shown, you foolish person, that faith apart from works is useless?

Jas 2:21 Was not Abraham our father justified by works when he offered up his son Isaac on the altar?

Jas 2:22 You see that faith was active along with his works, and faith was completed by his works;

Jas 2:23 and the Scripture was fulfilled that says, “Abraham believed God, and it was counted to him as righteousness”—and he was called a friend of God.

Jas 2:24 You see that a person is justified by works and not by faith alone.

Jas 2:25 And in the same way was not also Rahab the prostitute justified by works when she received the messengers and sent them out by another way?

Jas 2:26 For as the body apart from the spirit is dead, so also faith apart from works is dead.

and? what's you point? and what are the works?

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
and? what's you point? and what are the works?
Here’s a novel thought - read the book of James, as it explains what the works are - it’s not works of the law of Moses, which is what Paul always emphasized are not part of salvation.

But there are other types of works.

I’d think the context of the posting of that passage was clear, since you posted that’s salvation is by faith, without repentance or any works at all.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you i am being chastised in another forum for bucking against faith alone

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved by faith (rightly understood) in Christ alone (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) and not by an empty profession of faith/dead faith (James 2:14) that remains alone -“barren of works.” (James 2:24)

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thank you i am being chastised in another forum for bucking against faith alone

Remind them that Jesus said He came to call sinners unto repentance- I doubt that He changed His mind - and warned that unless ye repent ye shall perish.

And Acts 3:19 says repentance is for forgiveness of our sins.

Plus Acts 20:21 Paul preached to Jew and gentile, repentance toward God AND faith toward Jesus.

And for the hyper grace claim that repentance is not needed after salvation, there’s the fact that Jesus warned four out of seven churches to repent.

Reactions: Nancy

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are saved by faith (rightly understood) in Christ alone (Romans 4:5-6; Ephesians 2:8,9) and not by an empty profession of faith/dead faith (James 2:14) that remains alone -“barren of works.” (James 2:24)
saved by faith alone is not in scripture . you post scripture the exact words saved by faith alone. i will post i was wrong the words saved by faith alone is phrase started by martin Luther

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
saved by faith alone is not in scripture . you post scripture the exact words saved by faith alone. i will post i was wrong the words saved by faith alone is phrase started by martin Luther
There are many passages of scripture which make it clear that we are saved through belief/faith "apart from additions or modifications." (John 1:12; 3:15,16,18,36; 6:40,47; 11:25,26; Acts 10:43; 13:39; 16:31; 26:18; Romans 1:16; 3:22-28; 4:5; 5:1; 10:4; 1 Corinthians 1:21; Galatians 2:16; Ephesians 2:8; Philippians 3:9; 2 Timothy 3:15; 1 John 5:13 etc..).

Now you don't need to add the word "alone" next to "belief/faith" in each of these passages of scripture above in order to figure out that the words, "belief/faith" stand alone in connection with receiving eternal life/salvation. Do these many passages of scripture say belief/faith "plus something else?" Plus works? NO. So then it's faith (rightly understood) in Christ alone.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
paul wrote saved by grace through faith not of works . if scripture dont say it i dont need it. For the law was given through Moses, but grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Faith is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. So here is the Scripture you are looking for: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:31)

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith is believing on the Lord Jesus Christ. So here is the Scripture you are looking for: And they said, Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved, and thy house. (Acts 16:31)
no sir it does not say saved by faith alone .Jesus is grace and truth through faith we believe. what was peters message on day of Pentecost. scripture says with out the shedding of Blood there is no remission of sin? in the garden at the fall did he say just believe and it is ok? no he covered there nakedness with animal skins eh saved them by grace he could have wiped them out started over again.

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here’s a novel thought - read the book of James, as it explains what the works are - it’s not works of the law of Moses, which is what Paul always emphasized are not part of salvation.

But there are other types of works.

I’d think the context of the posting of that passage was clear, since you posted that’s salvation is by faith, without repentance or any works at all.
that's the problem you thought, why don't you read it again

where does it say without repentance for salvation? and no you should go back and read the things Jesus says . James does not supersede what Jesus said therefore James is in the context of what Jesus says, the same is with Paul or any of the Apostles entrusted by Jesus with the Gospel of Christ. pull your head out of man's theology and look at what scripture says in its own context.

Paul calls it evidence of faith James calls it works but i'm sure no one is diving into your shadow to be healed by reason of the works in you either are they?

Reactions: Ezra

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
BELIEVE = HAVE FAITH

So you are being deliberately obtuse. Bad choice.
really i asked you to post scripture with the words saved by faith alone. see it AINT there so who is being obtuse plz understand i fully understand what believe means. in my sinful years i believed in GOD and Jesus was i saved back then ? no your saved by faith alone is a phrase used by Calvinist/ aka reformed. maybe you should study a bit more .read Ephesians chapter 2 why would paul write that under the divine inspiration of the anointing/ Holy spirit . ?

mailmandan

Feb 24, 2020
The Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
paul wrote saved by grace through faith not of works...
So is it saved by grace through faith, not works (saved through faith in Christ alone) or is it saved by faith and works (not saved by faith in Christ alone?) Saved through faith in Christ alone does not eliminate grace on God's part which is not what is meant by faith in Christ alone.

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i noticed you bypassed romans 3 justified by Grace .... there is no scripture that reads we are saved by faith alone