Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1 John 3:5
5 And you know that He was manifested to take away our sins, and in Him there is no sin.

John 8:32-34
32 And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.”...
34 Jesus answered them, “Most assuredly, I say to you, whoever commits sin is a slave of sin. 35 And a slave does not abide in the house forever, but a son abides forever. 36 Therefore if the Son makes you free, you shall be free indeed.

Romans 8:2
2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Romans 6:
2 How shall we who died to sin live any longer in it? 3 Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? 4 Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. 5 For if we have been united together in the likeness of His death, certainly we also shall be in the likeness of His resurrection, 6 knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. 7 For he who has died has been freed from sin.

The main reason He came was to undo Adam's sin and its consequences. He made us FREE FROM SIN, NOT FREE IN SIN.
He did not just take adam's sin away. Where do people come up with this? No animal was sacrificed to remove adams sin from the any person according to the law. Jesus did not become adam's sin in us so we could be made righteous. Just removing adams sin would not make us righteous at all. we would still be dead in our own sin.

The only way to meet your requirement (not saved in sin) is to be perfect. The law required perfection. James said if we keep the whole law yet stumble in one point we are guilty of all. That is WHY Jesus said let he who has no sin cast the first stone. Because according to Gods standard. apart from grace we are all in sin. Because all it takes is one sin.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Faith without works is dead faith .
Dead faith never saved anyone

A person who was saved and did works for 20 years. Has already shown he has a living faith. Even if he becomes a prodigal son. He will not return to his pre salvation state. I did not and I was a prodigal for 5 years uyntil the chastening of God and guilt brought me back. God did what he promised. He left the flock to go find his lost sheep (me) and I knew his voice and followed

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That would be VERY Worrisome if any of that were true! Lol.....Fortunately for me , it isn’t

“ Believing That Jesus lived is better than NOT believing that Jesus lived, but it has nothing to do with Salvation—- even Hitler believed that Jesus was an historic living figure...

Believing THE Gospel Of 1Cor15 :1-4 is what Saves any man , this side of the Cross in this present Age Of Grace. If you simply Believe that Jesus Paid for your sins and rose from the grave you are Saved....

If you do not believe that , you need to Repent .....To Repent means to “ change your mind” .....if you are an Unbeliever in the Gospel Of Jesus Christ , you must change your mind to become a Believer in that Gospel in order to be Saved.....

If all of this is too complicated, you could just say to Jesus....”Lord Jesus , Save me”—- that is Enough to get the job done..... that is because Jesus said that, “ Anybody that asks to be Saved, WILL be Saved....

Salvation is Easy.....seeing that one “ NEEDS” that Salvation seems to be both the KEY and the Tricky part to it all.....unless the Holy Spirit opens your eyes and shows you your Wretchedness and your Lost Condition before a Holy God , why would one bother to seek out the Savior That Saves? Like most preachers say....” you gotta get them Lost before you can get them Saved! That was the purpose of both the Ten Commandments and the Sermon on the Mount —- to show people that they are Sinners who MUST have a Savior ....You have to learn that you are in VERY serious Trouble if you think that even though you aren’t 100% Perfect, you ain’t as bad as those guys in the Penitentiary so therefore you are “ Good Enough” to get to Heaven....

The entire Salvation process starts with God....” Nobody comes to God lest the Spirit draw him”....that “ drawing” starts with the ConvictionOf Sin....If and when God shows you your True Wretchedness and reveals to you your Hopelessness and Helplessness without Somebody to rescue you.....the rest should take care of itself.....be like the Repentant Publican....cry out, “ Lord, have Mercy on me , a Sinner” .....Jesus said that by praying that prayer with a Contrite ( or Repentant ) Heart—- it got that guy “ Justified” or seen by God as One who had never sinned. It worked for the Publican.....it worked for me....it will work for you....May God “ open your eyes “....and “ open your Heart”..... God Bless...

True repentance , which comes by God by grace , has us to change our mind all right . it draws us to Christ and our mind and heart
are changed . We now hate the evil and love only the truth , that which is pleasing in His sight .
True repentance leads one away from the evil desire and clinging only to Christ . For it is the goodness of GOD
that even leads one to repentance .
Even as it is said in acts , He came to bless us in turning us away from our inquity . OH yes . That is a sure solid
sign that it was true repentance that was given and that one indeed came to the true JESUS and not some other jesus or other gospel .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A true lamb , by grace , the new heart given by God , will hate even the evil of its own flesh .
A whole new heart is given . One that loves the things which are pleasing to GOD and hates the evil that God also hates .
Ye shall know them by their fruits .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Remember many Jews asked. But they also added circumcision and other aspects of the law. And paul called them anathema for preaching a different gospel, also many asked and were hearers not doers, James said their faith was dead, a dead faith will not save you, if it could James would not have warned them
Correct my friend . Look not to the law to save you , look only to Christ . And if the heart belongs to GOD then we would be hearers and doers and we would also remind others to be hearers and doers . Always looking out for the good of the people .For if one truly has the SPIRIT the Spirit would unction
us to do such things .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Correct my friend . Look not to the law to save you , look only to Christ . And if the heart belongs to GOD then we would be hearers and doers and we would also remind others to be hearers and doers . Always looking out for the good of the people .For if one truly has the SPIRIT the Spirit would unction
us to do such things .
Amen Brother

Reactions: amigo de christo

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus took away the curse started by Adam's sin in those who follow Jesus. He defeated Satan. Understand now?

Jesus took away for more than this, If this is all he took away we are still dead in our sins with no hope

without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness period.

When scripture says that Jesus took away our sin, what do you believe that means?

He did just this, The term justified signifies that we are as if we have not sinned. Hence he took away our sin. It was not free though, the price of redemption was the cross

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus took away for more than this, If this is all he took away we are still dead in our sins with no hope

without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness period.

He did just this, The term justified signifies that we are as if we have not sinned. Hence he took away our sin. It was not free though, the price of redemption was the cross

I'm not sure if you just want to argue, or if we agree.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You state that Jesus only took original sin correct?

He defeated Satan that started when he made Adam sin. Jesus became that curse when he was crucified on the cross. We are born again (from the curse of Adam) when Jesus puts His own sinless Spirit inside of us and takes away lawless sin out of our nature. From there we will grow in the fruit of the Spirit and any sins not unto death we commit is due to immaturity of fruit, not lawlessness, He prunes and Jesus is our Advocate for these trespasses. But we should always live up to the light we have. Phil. 3:16

Last edited:

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Thief on the Cross could probably tell us all about it....

There is no mystery with the thief on the cross.
Christ did not say he was saved and we do not know where paradise is...a good debate.
Where ever he went you still got Enoch and Elijah, he may have went to the same place.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He defeated Satan that started when he made Adam sin. Jesus became that curse when he was crucified on the cross. We are born again (from the curse of Adam) when Jesus puts His own sinless Spirit inside of us and takes away lawless sin out of our nature. From there we will grow in the fruit of the Spirit and any sins not unto death we commit is due to immaturity of fruit, not lawlessness, He prunes and Jesus is our Advocate for these trespasses. But we should always live up to the light we have. Phil. 3:16
Jesus saved us from the curse
If the law. Paul made this clear in gal 3. I am Not sure where you get he only saved us from the curse of Adam

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is no mystery with the thief on the cross.
Christ did not say he was saved and we do not know where paradise is...a good debate.
Where ever he went you still got Enoch and Elijah, he may have went to the same place.
If he went to paradise he was saved

there was only hades and paradise

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus took away the curse started by Adam's sin in those who follow Jesus. He defeated Satan. Understand now?

When scripture says that Jesus took away our sin, what do you believe that means?
Well lets see what peter and paul said it meant .
He took our sins in his own flesh upon the tree , that we being DEAD TO SIN , SHOULD NOW LIVE UNTO RIGHTEOUSNESS
BY HIS STRIPES THE SIN BRUISE WAS HEALED . The BLOOD reaches into the inner conscience .

Grailhunter

Jun 19, 2019
FARMINGTON
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If he went to paradise he was saved

there was only hades and paradise

I disagree for two reasons
The use of the word hades mean you do not understand where it came from. Hades is a Greek god.
You can believe that the scripture is referring to heaven but the scripture does not indicate that Christ went to heaven from the cross.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary is not a mediator. Anyone who said that is a false teacher. Anyone following a false teacher has left the Church.

I never said she was
She is an intercessor as far a prayer goes
And the mother of grace and mercy and salvation

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How have I been? Indescribably Blessed! Thanks for asking!

James simply described “ pure religion.”..... He never claimed it was God’s Plan for Salvation.... God’s “ Plan” for Salvation is put forth in 1Cor 15;1-4 ......visit all the unfortunate people in the world, but it won’t save you if you think you can ignore the Gospel Of Paul, given to him by Jesus Christ..

1 cor 15:1 Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand;

2 By which also ye are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless ye have believed in vain.

3 For I delivered unto you first of all that which I also received, how that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures;

4 And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures:

Applied to our souls

Rom 6:3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?

Romans 6:4
Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.