Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hope this message from the pope in March will convince you that Jesus is the only mediator and intercessor. Stop making Mary something she is not! She can't hear your prayers!

On Wednesday, Francis said that Christ is the mediator par excellence, the “bridge that we cross to turn to the Father,” and the only redeemer: “Every prayer that we give to God is for Christ, with Christ and through Christ, and are realized through his intersession.”

He also said that while the devotion to Mary is expected, some things applied to her are mere foolishness.

Jesus is mediator of the covenant by justice but the apostles also mediate at his command

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Luke 22:30
That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging thetwelve tribes of Israel.

And anyone in the communion of saints by the action and of the mediator thru the power of the Holy Spirit can pray and intercede rev 5:8

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you mean this?

this is what I have been asking all along, where is this in scripture? I have never heard this before, so that is why I question, it is worrysome

What is worrysome? The power of Jesus to make us lawlessly sinless? Those are sins unto death like anyone in the OT who broke one of the Ten Commandments were put to death. But there was sacrifice for unintentional sins, but no sacrifice for lawless sins.

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus is mediator of the covenant by justice but the apostles also mediate at his command

2 Corinthians 5:18
And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;

Luke 22:30
That ye may eat and drink at my table in my kingdom, and sit on thrones judging thetwelve tribes of Israel.

And anyone in the communion of saints by the action and of the mediator thru the power of the Holy Spirit can pray and intercede rev 5:8

But if they are dead you are "consulting the dead" and that is an abomination. Just stop praying to the dead. Jesus is God. Pray to Him, our only mediator. The Great Tribulation is just around the corner and if you don't stop NOW, it may be too late for you.

Revelation 2:
Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.

Last edited:

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What is worrysome? The power of Jesus to make us lawlessly sinless? Those are sins unto death like anyone in the OT who broke one of the Ten Commandments were put to death. But there was sacrifice for unintentional sins, but no sacrifice for lawless sins.
What’s worrysome is you think God freed us from that curse, and not the curse of the law as the Bible says

if your not redeemed from the curse of the law your still dead in your sin

Reactions: mailmandan

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Here I thought we were argreeing, and he turns around and attacks me. I don't want to argue with him and told him so.
Since when is stating fact attacking?

you made comments, I kept questioning about those comments, you changed and claimed you did not make the comments, then I had to repost those comments,

That’s not arguing, I was trying to have a discussion

Reactions: mailmandan

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But if they are dead you are "consulting the dead" and that is an abomination. Just stop praying to the dead. Jesus is God. Pray to Him, our only mediator. The Great Tribulation is just around the corner and if you don't stop NOW, it may be too late for you.

Revelation 2:
Indeed I will cast her into a sickbed, and those who commit adultery with her into great tribulation, unless they repent of their deeds.

The saints are not dead
They are alive in Christ in heaven in the communion of saints with us

1. John 11:25
    Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The saints are not dead
They are alive in Christ in heaven in the communion of saints with us

1. John 11:25
    Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
But they are not here to hear you. They are not omnipresent to hear a million different prayers as Jesus is. Understand??????? Good grief, its not hard to know the difference between a human and God.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But they are not here to hear you. They are not omnipresent to hear a million different prayers as Jesus is. Understand??????? Good grief, its not hard to know the difference between a human and God.

the power of the Holy Spirit

the greatest mass conversion from paganism to faith in Christ happened in Mexico in the 1500’s
Nine million converts to Jesus Christ and His holy church!

who was responsible for this mass conversion?

All love veneration and honor we give to Mary and the saints redounds
ultimately to God of course and all glory is to Jesus Christ who made them saints!

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the power of the Holy Spirit

the greatest mass conversion from paganism to faith in Christ happened in Mexico in the 1500’s
Nine million converts to Jesus Christ and His holy church!

who was responsible for this mass conversion?

All love veneration and honor we give to Mary and the saints redounds
ultimately to God of course and all glory is to Jesus Christ who made them saints!

When you have direct access to Jesus Christ to pray through Him to the Father, why would you choose instead Mary or your grandmother?

Don't you know that God is a jealous God? Praying to or through anyone else such as a created being is an insult. Your church may not realize that, but you do now!

Last edited:

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When you have direct access to Jesus Christ to pray through Him to the Father, why would you choose instead Mary or your grandmother?

Don't you know that God is a jealous God? Praying to or through anyone else such as a created being is an insult. Your church may not realize that, but you do now!

no they are part of His providence

they bring glory to God and Christ

Ephesians 6:18
Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

2 Thessalonians 1:10
When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

and they were holy men and women of God and have an example of faithfulness
From Saint Joseph a husband and father can learn patience and obedience to God’s will

if your suffering a martyred who suffered and died for Christ can be your inspiration to be faithful to Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm confused. Who are "they"? Who are you referring to? God or dead people?

When he shall come to be glorified in his saints, and to be admired in all them that believe (because our testimony among you was believed) in that day.

saints and there not dead

John 11:25

CharismaticLady

Jun 13, 2019
Tennessee
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

saints and there not dead

John 11:25

Yes, when we die, we are still alive in spirit. But don't you know that doesn't mean we can be everywhere at once like God? A billion people can pray to God and He hears every one. Mary can't. She is not God, nor will we be even though we can share His nature, we cannot share all of His power.

You have a good heart, and I don't want to see you doing anything that Jesus knows is unpleasing to the Father and has warned RCCs and Orthodox churches specifically and directly. What you are doing in revering Mary, Jesus calls Jezebel and fornicating with her. Stop! Just stop!

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have a point. I think Satan's soul purpose is to keep people away from Christ. If He cannot, then he tries distort their beliefs. If people who live by the Law will be judged by the Law, then at least he accomplished that -he corrupted their path to God, deprived them of salvation - maybe? I think those who are non-trinitarians have received these lies from Satan as well.
We are taught in the Parable of the Sower that not all seed is planted in fertile soil and so does not grow deep roots and mature to produce fruit.
Also, as someone else mentioned, faith is a trust in God to deliver His promises. So those who do not believe OSAS don't have this trust.
Except God never in reality promised OSAS, in fact, Paul in warning after warning said to be not deceived into thinking they can live a sinful and worldly lifestyle, and still see heaven.
OSAS is that deception.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except God never in reality promised OSAS, in fact, Paul in warning after warning said to be not deceived into thinking they can live a sinful and worldly lifestyle, and still see heaven.
OSAS is that deception.
OSAS is a conundrum for many. If you have been born again, you will not practice sin as your old self did. God does not make mistakes, as if he would give You a New spirit and change his mind later - He knows the future. If you are truly saved, it is a done deal. You will no longer be a slave to sin. There are those who claim to be a Christian but have had their seed planted in shallow or rocky soil and will wither and die when times get tough. They are the ones who still are slaves to sin. By their fruit you will know them.
Those who have doubts about their salvation are doubting their own Faith. What really is faith to you? Is it a "maybe I'll be saved ... I'm not certain" kind of faith.
Faith is the belief that things unseen, hoped for, will come to pass. It is the certainty, the confidence on our part, being assured by Christ who made us a promise that we POSSESS eternal life.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

Addy

Jun 20, 2020
Ontario
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The pope... the pope... this pope who will NOT apologize for the abominations and montrosities committed against the aboriginal children in Canadian residential schools... the pope who over centuries and centuries has covered up and lied about sexual sins committed against hundreds of thousands of children... men and women... the pope... the one who has taken priests who have committed heinous sins against humanity and simply dealt with it by the transferring to another perish.... The Pope... the pope... who is FULLY AWARE of the EVILS that occur behind closed doors within the confines of the ROMAN CATHOLIC CHURCH.... I do not envy any Catholic or the POPE.... God's WRATH will fall hardest and foremost on this Catholic church who is the MOTHER.

Reactions: BloodBought 1953

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, when we die, we are still alive in spirit. But don't you know that doesn't mean we can be everywhere at once like God? A billion people can pray to God and He hears every one. Mary can't. She is not God, nor will we be even though we can share His nature, we cannot share all of His power.

You have a good heart, and I don't want to see you doing anything that Jesus knows is unpleasing to the Father and has warned RCCs and Orthodox churches specifically and directly. What you are doing in revering Mary, Jesus calls Jezebel and fornicating with her. Stop! Just stop!

thanks I appreciate you’re care!
No Mary is not God and cannot do those things you’re right!
But God can and does by the power and working of the Holy Spirit!
Lk 1:37

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

a biblical principle

heb 2:18 For in that he himself hath suffered being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

So a husband and father should learn of Saint Joseph patience humility obedience to God’s will

Godliness in other words