Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
If you have Jesus Christ, you are.

If you were God’s workmanship, created in Christ Jesus, you are.

There are many people from different beliefs, who do charitable works and other works you might say are Christian works, yet that does not make them Christians.
Why are you defending NO WORKS Christianity? You must be an OSASer. They don't have to do Christian works. They can NEVER lose their salvation NO MATTER WHAT THEY DO!!!
If there is anything I defend and will defend is the truth of God’s words in scriptures.

And perhaps, you can argue that with somebody who actually say those things.

Tong
R3722

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The question is WHAT, not HOW.

Christian initiation...IS WHAT exactly?
Christian ritual...IS WHAT exactly?
Christian baptism...IS WHAT exactly?

christian baptism
Water and the spirit
With grace and the fire of divine love cast abroad in our hearts
Intention: to enter the new covenant as members of Christ for the ultimate goal of salvation
Matter: pure water 3 times
Form: the words i baptize you in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit!
This completes the ritual!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 10:16 there is only one church and only one savior and only one way to unite to him by faith and baptism

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You wont be converting this dear sister my friend . She reads her bible and follows Christ .
Just letting you know .

I don’t have the power to convert anyone
That’s the Holy Spirit’s job I just inform and follow jude 1:3 contend for thee faith

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, any one is free to believe what they want. But to examine what one is teaching against scriptures, whether it is so, is one’s look out.

Tong
R3715
No one is free to believe anything but only what God has revealed

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every true disciple of Jesus Christ.

So perhaps now you would be kind enough to answer the question in my post.

“So, tell us, what is the gospel that you preach to the world?”

Tong
R3716

there is only one gospel you can find it in the four accounts of Matt mark Luke and John

The great commission is to the church of the apostles only they have authority from Christ

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are looking at the wrong passages relative to my post.

Regarding your question, the context will tell you what the verse is about.

Tong
R3717

paul suffered one the flesh, and stated my grace is sufficient for thee, why did he still suffer (works) grace did not free him of suffering (works) it enabled him to bear it with Christian virtue such as patience making it meritorious before God

Grace empowers us to live heroically for God

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

1. 2 Corinthians 1:6
    And whether we be afflicted, it is for yourconsolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

2. 1 Thessalonians 2:14
    For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

3. 1 Peter 2:20
    For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

4. 1 Peter 4:1
    Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did those who baptized in Acts 19:5 not obey the command in Mt.28:19? Hmmm.

Tong
R3719
In the church and the church obeys Christ

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
christian baptism
Water and the spirit
With grace and the fire of divine love cast abroad in our hearts
Intention: to enter the new covenant as members of Christ for the ultimate goal of salvation
Matter: pure water 3 times
Form: the words i baptize you in the name of the father, and of the son, and of the Holy Spirit!
This completes the ritual!

If I were foreign to a Christian churches baptism and that was how you explain "christian baptism", I would still not have a clue what you mean.

Water and the spirit?
What? a drink of water three times and "someone" says some words?
And "the" spirit? What spirit? Vodka?

No mention of any particular person CONFESSING belief in the Lord God, as Scripture teaches? ODD.

What christian denomination "ritual" have you explained?

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I were foreign to a Christian churches baptism and that was how you explain "christian baptism", I would still not have a clue what you mean.

Water and the spirit?
What? a drink of water three times and "someone" says some words?
And "the" spirit? What spirit? Vodka?

No mention of any particular person CONFESSING belief in the Lord God, as Scripture teaches? ODD.

What christian denomination "ritual" have you explained?

there are no denominations only the one true Christian church founded by Christ on Peter and heretical sects founded by men

I said how to be baptized

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jn 10:16 there is only one church and only one savior and only one way to unite to him by faith and baptism
And the RCC aint it . It grew worse and worse and then passed vatican two . An abomination of desolation .
I read part of it . IT says the other religions are serving the same GOD christains do . What a SELL OUT of the Faith .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Of course it doesn’t. Gave that not for that reason, but so you might read it and perhaps help you understand what James was saying in James 2:24.

Much of what you said there is true. However you still miss something about justification. There is justification by works and justification by faith. Justification in the sight of man and justification in the sight of God. As I said read, if need be, study Romans 4:1-8.

Tong
R3721

James does not even hint that Abraham’s works justified him to men.

Since James clearly points out that if we have not the kind of works that justified Abraham and justifies all men, we've deceived ourselves and are not saved, that completely eliminates the claim those works justify us in the sight of men, but not God.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Well, any one is free to believe what they want. But to examine what one is teaching against scriptures, whether it is so, is one’s look out.
No one is free to believe anything but only what God has revealed
Well if one have not the freedom to believe anything they want, and only what God has revealed, then all are confined and have no choice to make, and so ends up believing only what God revealed. But that is not the case.

Do you believe in everything that your Pope today says and teach officially? Are you free to not believe your Pope or not? If you don’t believe some of what your Pope today says officially, what will that make of you? Are you not a protestant in that sense?

Tong
R3723