Saved By Grace Through FAITH ...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
there are no denominations only the one true Christian church founded by Christ on Peter and heretical sects founded by men...

Yet seven Churches are expressly mentioned by name.
Which one of those is the supposed "true church" ?

I said how to be baptized

You said something, but it did not resemble any teaching of a Christian Baptism or Baptism of the Holy Spirit I know.

Reactions: Eternally Grateful

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the RCC aint it . It grew worse and worse and then passed vatican two . An abomination of desolation .
I read part of it . IT says the other religions are serving the same GOD christains do . What a SELL OUT of the Faith .

I agree about Vatican 2 but that’s not the church but a counterfeit like all Protestant sects

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well if one have not the freedom to believe anything they want, and only what God has revealed, then all are confined and have no choice to make, and so ends up believing only what God revealed. But that is not the case.

Do you believe in everything that your Pope today says and teach officially? Are you free to not believe your Pope or not? If you don’t believe some of what your Pope today says officially, what will that make of you? Are you not a protestant in that sense?

Tong
R3723
Accept or reject the truth but you cannot make up your own
Thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Every true disciple of Jesus Christ.

So perhaps now you would be kind enough to answer the question in my post.

“So, tell us, what is the gospel that you preach to the world?”
there is only one gospel you can find it in the four accounts of Matt mark Luke and John

The great commission is to the church of the apostles only they have authority from Christ
Yes. The gospel is found in scriptures. But that is not my question. My question is “what is the gospel that you preach to the world?”

You seem to disagree with my answer to your question “Who is to preach the gospel and teach all nations and baptize disciples”, that is, every true disciple of Jesus Christ. And you seem to suggest, if not claim, that the answer is, only your church is authorized to do so. And what then if one who is not numbered among you, and so is not authorized, preach the gospel preached by the apostles? Do you stop him? Do you say he is a liar or a false preacher? Or what?

That would also mean that every one of you in your church is authorized, right? Are you saying then that all of your church members know the gospel the apostles preached? Why then do you seem to hesitate to tell this board the gospel you preach? Also, when you preach the gospel, and since all of you are authorized, would what any one of you preach then be considered as the gospel that your church preach? Now if it happens, and it does happen, that one of you preach a somewhat different gospel than what your Pope and bishops and priests preach, what becomes of his authority regarding that?

Tong
R3724

Last edited:

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’m not in the pagan Roman Empire
Just like many of the protestants so to are you my friend .
Ye can take some folks out of the RCC , but ya cant take the RCC outta them .
You claim to not be of the roman system , yet you still pray to mary , to saints and bow down and etc .
You gotta get the roman system out of you lest it destroys you my friend .

Reactions: Marvelloustime

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yet seven Churches are expressly mentioned by name.
Which one of those is the supposed "true church" ?

You said something, but it did not resemble any teaching of a Christian Baptism or Baptism of the Holy Spirit I know.

7 churches really
It sat thee church (singular) located at whatever
The church is one and one covenant and one savior mediator God etc.

The church is One:

Isaiah 9:7
Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the Lord of hosts will perform this.

Dan 2:44
And in the days of these kings shall the God of heaven set up a kingdom, which shall never be destroyed: and the kingdom shall not be left to other people, but it shall break in pieces and consume all these kingdoms, and it shall stand for ever.

Lk 1:32-33 He shall be great, and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David:

33 And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.

Mt 16:18
And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.
19 And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.

John 10:16
And other sheep I have, which are not of this fold: them also I must bring, and they shall hear my voice; and there shall be one fold, and one shepherd.

John 17:17-23
that they may be one as we are one.

Romans 12:5
so we, who are many, are one body in Christ.

Rom 15:6

1 Corinthians 1:10
I appeal to you... that there be no dissensions among you, but that
you be united in the same mind and the same judgment.

1 Corinthians 12:12
For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

1 Corinthians 12:13
by one Spirit we were all baptized into one body.

1 Corinthians 12:20
But now are they many members, yet but one body.

Eph 1:10
That in the dispensation of the fulness of times he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heaven, and which are on earth; even in him:

Ephesians 4:4
There is one body, and one Spirit, even as ye are called in one hope of your calling;

Colossians 3:15
Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were
called in the one body.

Philippians 1:27
Only let your conversation be as it becometh the gospel of Christ: that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may hear of your affairs, that ye stand fast in one spirit, with one mind striving together for the faith of the gospel;

Philippians 2:2
be of same the mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of
one mind.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
You are looking at the wrong passages relative to my post.

Regarding your question, the context will tell you what the verse is about.
paul suffered one the flesh, and stated my grace is sufficient for thee, why did he still suffer (works) grace did not free him of suffering (works) it enabled him to bear it with Christian virtue such as patience making it meritorious before God

Grace empowers us to live heroically for God

Matthew 10:38
And he that taketh not his cross, and followeth after me, is not worthy of me.

Matthew 16:24
Then said Jesus unto his disciples, If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.

Matthew 16:25
For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

John 12:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit.

He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal.

Romans 5:3
And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;

Romans 5:4
And patience, experience; and experience, hope:

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Corinthians 12:9
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

2 Thessalonians 1:5
Which is a manifest token of the righteous judgment of God, that ye may be counted worthy of the kingdom of God, for which ye also suffer:

Colossians 1:11
Strengthened with all might, according to his glorious power, unto all patience and longsuffering with joyfulness;

2 Tim 2:3 Thou therefore endure hardness, as a good soldier of Jesus Christ.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

Phil 1:29
For unto you it is given in the behalf of Christ, not only to believe on him, but also to suffer for his sake;

James 1:2-8
My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations; Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience. But let patience have her perfect work, that ye may be perfect and entire, wanting nothing

Hebrews 6:12
That ye be not slothful, but followers of them who through faith and patience inherit the promises.

Hebrews 10:36
For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise.

Hebrews 12:4
Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.

1 Peter 2:20
For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

Romans 8:17
And if children, then heirs; heirs of God, and joint-heirs with Christ; if so be that we suffer with him, that we may be also glorified together.

2 Timothy 2:12
If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us:

1. 2 Corinthians 1:6
    And whether we be afflicted, it is for yourconsolation and salvation, which is effectual in the enduring of the same sufferings which we also suffer: or whether we be comforted, it is for your consolation and salvation.

2. 1 Thessalonians 2:14
    For ye, brethren, became followers of the churches of God which in Judaea are in Christ Jesus: for ye also have suffered like things of your own countrymen, even as they have of the Jews:

3. 1 Peter 2:20
    For what glory is it, if, when ye be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently? but if, when ye do well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

4. 1 Peter 4:1
    Forasmuch then as Christ hath suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves likewise with the same mind: for he that hath suffered in the flesh hath ceased from sin;
Clearly you don’t get what I said in my post, evidenced by quoting all those passages which does not address my post. Let me refresh you what I’ve written in my post.

“As I suggested read scriptures and find out what it says about grace. Find out also why it is by grace and not by another. Find out also why it is of faith and not by anything else. For it is most likely that you will not hear the truth concerning that from your teachers.”

Find out in scriptures what grace is.

Find out why the salvation of God is by grace and not by another.

Find out why the salvation of God is of faith and not of anything else.

If you can’t find that out and need some help, I’d be glad to give some.

Tong
R3725

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes. The gospel is found in scriptures. But that is not my question. My question is “what is the gospel that you preach to the world?”

You seem to disagree with my answer to your question “Who is to preach the gospel and teach all nations and baptize disciples”, that is, every true disciple of Jesus Christ. And you seem to suggest, if not claim, that the answer is, only your church is authorized to do so. And what then if one who is not numbered among you, and so is not authorized, preach the gospel preached by the apostles? Do you stop him? Do you say he is a liar or a false preacher? Or what?

That would also mean that every one of you in your church is authorized, right? Are you saying then that all of your church members know the gospel the apostles preached? Why then do you seem to hesitate to tell this board the gospel you preach? Also, when you preach the gospel, and since all of you are authorized, would what any one of you preach then be considered as the gospel that your church preach? Now if it happens, and it does happen, that one of you preach a somewhat different gospel than what your Pope and bishops and priests preach, what becomes of his authority regarding that?

Tong
R3724

the gospel of Jesus Christ savior and mediator of the new covenant thru faith and the grace baptismal regeneration

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just like many of the protestants so to are you my friend .
Ye can take some folks out of the RCC , but ya cant take the RCC outta them .
You claim to not be of the roman system , yet you still pray to mary , to saints and bow down and etc .
You gotta get the roman system out of you lest it destroys you my friend .

Good enough for Angels!
Good enough for the Bible!
Good enough for me!

Hail Mary! Full of grace, the Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women,
Lk 1:28 blessed is the fruit of thy womb, (Jesus) Lk 1:42 Holy Mary, mother of God, Lk 1:43 pray for us sinners, now,
rev 5:8 and at the hour of our death, Matt 24:13 amen!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Again, irrelevant to my post. :(
Jn 8:32 Jn 16:13
Divine revelation like the church is perfect and without reform
Again and still misusing scriptures. Read carefully John 16:13 and find out to whom Jesus is addressing the whole time. And it seems you believe that those words of Christ was not accomplished or have not been fulfilled.

May I ask, in your church, did you have false teachers? If there were, what did they teach? Did you have anti-Christ? What did they teach?

And this point and warning of Paul still remains “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.” So it could be your most trusted Pope. He is no exception.

Make your choice. Just outright believe all that your Pope, bishops and priests teach and preach, or examine if what they teach and preach is in keeping with scriptures?

Tong
R3726

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Clearly you don’t get what I said in my post, evidenced by quoting all those passages which does not address my post. Let me refresh you what I’ve written in my post.

“As I suggested read scriptures and find out what it says about grace. Find out also why it is by grace and not by another. Find out also why it is of faith and not by anything else. For it is most likely that you will not hear the truth concerning that from your teachers.”

Find out in scriptures what grace is.

Find out why the salvation of God is by grace and not by another.

Find out why the salvation of God is of faith and not of anything else.

If you can’t find that out and need some help, I’d be glad to give some.

Tong
R3725

how can it be faith alone and grace alone?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again and still misusing scriptures. Read carefully John 16:13 and find out to whom Jesus is addressing the whole time. And it seems you believe that those words of Christ was not accomplished or have not been fulfilled.

May I ask, in your church, did you have false teachers? If there were, what did they teach? Did you have anti-Christ? What did they teach?

And this point and warning of Paul still remains “But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.” So it could be your most trusted Pope. He is no exception.

Make your choice. Just outright believe all that your Pope, bishops and priests teach and preach, or examine if what they teach and preach is in keeping with scriptures?

Tong
R3726
Speaking to his apostles in his church he founded on Peter matt 16:18

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Did those who baptized in Acts 19:5 not obey the command in Mt.28:19? Hmmm.
In the church and the church obeys Christ

Heb 3:6 But Christ as a son over his own house; whose house are we, if we hold fast the confidence and the rejoicing of the hope firm unto the end.

Ephesians 5:24
Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ...

1 Corinthians 14:33
For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace, as in all churches of the saints.
The question is:

Did those who baptize in Acts 19:5 not obey the command in Mt.28:19?

A simple yes or no would be in order. After which, if you will, you may explain why you say it’s a yes or a no.

Tong
R3727

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Of course it doesn’t. Gave that not for that reason, but so you might read it and perhaps help you understand what James was saying in James 2:24.

Much of what you said there is true. However you still miss something about justification. There is justification by works and justification by faith. Justification in the sight of man and justification in the sight of God. As I said read, if need be, study Romans 4:1-8.
James does not even hint that Abraham’s works justified him to men.

Since James clearly points out that if we have not the kind of works that justified Abraham and justifies all men, we've deceived ourselves and are not saved, that completely eliminates the claim those works justify us in the sight of men, but not God.
That is why I suggested you read Romans 4:1-8. If you need any help, I’d be glad to give you a hand.

Tong
R3728

Last edited:

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
7 churches really

Yes.

Rev 1
[20] The mystery of the seven stars which thou sawest in my right hand, and the seven golden candlesticks. The seven stars are the angels of the seven churches: and the seven candlesticks which thou sawest are the seven churches.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Well if one have not the freedom to believe anything they want, and only what God has revealed, then all are confined and have no choice to make, and so ends up believing only what God revealed. But that is not the case.

Do you believe in everything that your Pope today says and teach officially? Are you free to not believe your Pope or not? If you don’t believe some of what your Pope today says officially, what will that make of you? Are you not a protestant in that sense?
Accept or reject the truth but you cannot make up your own
Thee faith eph 4:5 Jude 1:3
And if you reject what your Pope says, What does that make of you?

Have you rejected any that which your Pope says, or teach, or preach? If so, what would that be?

Tong
R3729

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

the gospel of Jesus Christ savior and mediator of the new covenant thru faith and the grace baptismal regeneration
You have skipped some of the questions in my post. Well…..

It’s amazing that concerning your church or the blessed virgin Mary, you write a lot when answering questions. But concerning the gospel you preach, just that. And come to think of it, it is the gospel, that is supposed to be preached, which scriptures says is the power of God to salvation.

Any way, I will let go of that, since ot seems to me you are not interested to divulge.

I just wonder how you will give an answer to a pagan who ask you, “what is the gospel that you preach, can you tell me?”

Tong
R3730