Saved to perish?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I guess that we are not communicating. Sorry!
That highlights the importance of correct translations.
Otherwise,
wrong words go in wrong places,
wrong words go in right places,
right words go in wrong places,
it's only when right words go in right places that we can hope for truth expressed.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That highlights the importance of correct translations.
Otherwise,
wrong words go in wrong places,
wrong words go in right places,
right words go in wrong places,
it's only when right words go in right places that we can hope for truth expressed.
Yes, I do understand. When I was still working for a secular living part of my job was the translation of documents into English. We both speak English, but what was it Winston Churchill said about that? His emphasis I guess was on the difference between British and Americans, but understanding the things of God requires an Interpreter.

Reactions: Nancy

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, I do understand. When I was still working for a secular living part of my job was the translation of documents into English. We both speak English, but what was it Winston Churchill said about that? His emphasis I guess was on the difference between British and Americans, but understanding the things of God requires an Interpreter.
Yes the Holy Spirit enlightens our understanding according to His Word, but that is wholly different from translation (which was my point).

GodsBeloved11

Sep 15, 2021
Bristol
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reading many posts here, this is what the Christian walk seems to boils down to.

"Now that I have been saved from sin and hell, if I don't perform well enough, I am sinning and in danger of going to hell."

I used to believe that. Now I don't

Reactions: prism