Saved, which means what?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a biblical term which can only be understood when people understand the true and full Gospel of God (which is also the Gospel of Christ) as revealed in the Holy Bible.

DELIVERANCE
A. "Saved" literally means "delivered". So those who are saved are delivered by God in three ways:
1. From the penalty of sin -- eternal Hell (the Lake of Fire).
2. From the power of sin -- the Holy Spirit makes the saints holy and righteous while on earth. They can be overcomers through the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. From the presence of sin -- God and Christ eradicate the old sin nature completely and transform, perfect, and glorify the saints at the Resurrection/Rapture.

ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN CHRIST
B. But salvation is far more than simply deliverance. It includes all the blessings which God bestows on His children through Christ including the gift of eternal life, the gift of the Holy Spirit, the gift of Christ Himself, and a whole multitude of blessings which are all spelled out in Scripture.

ETERNAL FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD AND CHRIST
C. In addition to all these blessings God has an eternal plan and purpose for the Church. All the saints will live and reign with Christ eternally, and also have eternal fellowship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This will include genuine worship in Heaven around the throne of God.

What many Christians fail to understand is that God Himself is our Salvation. Christ Himself is our Salvation, since He is the Resurrection, the Life, the Way, the Truth, and many other things.
I couldn’t have said it better myself. :)

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
A quarantine will heal us?
No, a quarantine will only confine the infection of sin to the earth until the Antidote has done Its job. The blood of Christ's death is the Antidote, which restores life abundantly. But we have not yet preached it to the entire world. If we had, the end would have come already.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is a biblical term which can only be understood when people understand the true and full Gospel of God (which is also the Gospel of Christ) as revealed in the Holy Bible.

DELIVERANCE
A. "Saved" literally means "delivered". So those who are saved are delivered by God in three ways:
1. From the penalty of sin -- eternal Hell (the Lake of Fire).
2. From the power of sin -- the Holy Spirit makes the saints holy and righteous while on earth. They can be overcomers through the power of the Holy Spirit.
3. From the presence of sin -- God and Christ eradicate the old sin nature completely and transform, perfect, and glorify the saints at the Resurrection/Rapture.

ALL SPIRITUAL BLESSINGS IN CHRIST
B. But salvation is far more than simply deliverance. It includes all the blessings which God bestows on His children through Christ including the gift of eternal life, the gift of the Holy Spirit, the gift of Christ Himself, and a whole multitude of blessings which are all spelled out in Scripture.

ETERNAL FELLOWSHIP WITH GOD AND CHRIST
C. In addition to all these blessings God has an eternal plan and purpose for the Church. All the saints will live and reign with Christ eternally, and also have eternal fellowship with the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. This will include genuine worship in Heaven around the throne of God.

What many Christians fail to understand is that God Himself is our Salvation. Christ Himself is our Salvation, since He is the Resurrection, the Life, the Way, the Truth, and many other things.
Thank you for your response!

Reactions: BarneyFife

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No, a quarantine will only confine the infection of sin to the earth until the Antidote has done Its job. The blood of Christ's death is the Antidote, which restores life abundantly. But we have not yet preached it to the entire world. If we had, the end would have come already.
Is not the infection already in us before it is eradicated? While it remains in us, to the extent that it does, is it not death itself in us , which Paul names the old man?

Reactions: BarneyFife

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
until the breath of life expires, ie- you are physically dead.
Be careful about using that phrase, "breath of life", without clarification. God breathed Life into men, but with the disobedience of Adam and Eve that Life was gone. The physical breath into our physical body is not Life as God sees Life. To Him until we have received the Life which Jesus brought, we are dead as per...

"But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

What we had left from the time of the first disobedience was only hope, a very slight glimmer of 'light', which allowed a person to understand that there was hope. Having seen that hope, then the possibility for something more became real for that person.

Also in my initial post it was loaded with scripture regarding salvation, its meaning and the context in which salvation is spoken of by our Savior.
Full of scriptures, perhaps, but too wordy and cluttered and complicated for most people to get what you were saying. It seems that you were trying to say too much all at once.

I am an old man physically and while reading such stuff is possible for me... it is difficult for me to focus on it long enough to get the gist of it before I lose my focus and have to start over again... Often I won't bother. I did here because it was my thread. Any place else and probably I would not have read the whole thing. Did you somewhere answer my questions to you at the end of post #8 repeated here for convenience?

"Jesus brought Salvation and Life. What is required for a person to receive what Jesus brought? If a person were to lay hold of one or both, how long would this salvation and/or life last?"

I may have missed your answers and if I did I apologize. Otherwise please give me a short simple answers and I will try to reply as appropriate. Thank you!

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful about using that phrase, "breath of life", without clarification. God breathed Life into men, but with the disobedience of Adam and Eve that Life was gone. The physical breath into our physical body is not Life as God sees Life. To Him until we have received the Life which Jesus brought, we are dead as per...

"But Jesus said unto him, Follow me; and let the dead bury their dead." Matt 8:22

What we had left from the time of the first disobedience was only hope, a very slight glimmer of 'light', which allowed a person to understand that there was hope. Having seen that hope, then the possibility for something more became real for that person.

Full of scriptures, perhaps, but too wordy and cluttered and complicated for most people to get what you were saying. It seems that you were trying to say too much all at once.

I am an old man physically and while reading such stuff is possible for me... it is difficult for me to focus on it long enough to get the gist of it before I lose my focus and have to start over again... Often I won't bother. I did here because it was my thread. Any place else and probably I would not have read the whole thing. Did you somewhere answer my questions to you at the end of post #8 repeated here for convenience?

"Jesus brought Salvation and Life. What is required for a person to receive what Jesus brought? If a person were to lay hold of one or both, how long would this salvation and/or life last?"

I may have missed your answers and if I did I apologize. Otherwise please give me a short simple answers and I will try to reply as appropriate. Thank you!
My answer to that question is Salvation is of,by and through the Lord. Jesus said you did not choose Me but I chose you to His disciples. (John 15:16)

2 Thess 2:13
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Romans 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Romans 9:11
For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world

hope this helps !!!

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There seems to be a lot of that copy-and-paste thing going around.
For me and I know for others, too much of that does make simple communication more difficult. Just our personal differences cause some misunderstandings without throwing in too much information compiled by someone not available to answer questions. I just usually plod along, reading only a fraction of all the posts. I am really trusting God to keep me from bypassing something He considers important. I was trying to read a few of the directly political ones to keep up with what is happening in the election process... but too much garbage and personal attack stuff to sort through... I simply skip most of it. I don't have time...

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My answer to that question is Salvation is of,by and through the Lord. Jesus said you did not choose Me but I chose you to His disciples. (John 15:16)

2 Thess 2:13
But we should always give thanks to God for you, brethren beloved by the Lord, because God has chosen you from the beginning for salvation through sanctification by the Spirit and faith in the truth.

Romans 8:33
Who shall lay any thing to the charge of God's elect? It is God that justifieth.

Romans 9:11
For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth

Ephesians 1:4
According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world

hope this helps !!!
Perhaps, but posting verses only presumes that what I understand from them is precisely the same as what you understand from them. If that were also the case, all Bible readers would likely belong to the same church/denomination/assembly/group of believers.

Thank you in any case!

Last edited:

ChristisGod

Aug 15, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps, but posting verses only presumes that what I understand from in them is precisely the as what you understand from them. If that were also the case, all Bible readers would likely belong to the same church/denomination/assembly/group of believers.

Thank you in any case!
Its pretty clear from those passage Salvation is from the Lord and He has chosen who He will save from before the foundation of the world.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Its pretty clear from those passage Salvation is from the Lord and He has chosen who He will save from before the foundation of the world.
God, untouched or obstructed by time, may know who is to be saved, but we do not. We may know in this moment that we are walking with Him, but we do not know what we will be doing at the end of our course.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
My spirit was saved-justification. - My soul is being saved-sanctification - My body will be saved-glorification.
When I first heard John 3:16 I saw a sword stuck into my belly. At that instant, I knew it was true. I've believed ever since but have remained with Him since 1994 after He showed me His love for me. Peace.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
My spirit was saved-justification. - My soul is being saved-sanctification - My body will be saved-glorification.
When I first heard John 3:16 I saw a sword stuck into my belly. At that instant, I knew it was true. I've believed ever since but have remained with Him since 1994 after He showed me His love for me. Peace.
@Ron Coates What a moving summary of the glorious Gospel that John 3.16 indeed is! and how effective when the Spirit of God applies it to the heart!

Reactions: Truman

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
www.CheeseburgersWithGod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Saved", short for "salvation", is what is required to live (as God lives, which is eternal, as opposed to the temporal worldly existence we incorrectly call life, which is rather death, because it ends in death), for having been cast out of the presence of God, as sons and daughters of the original sin against God by Adam and Eve. It was a death sentence. But God by His grace has provided a means of salvation, a way back, through His Son, Jesus Christ. According to scripture, Jesus is the Way, the only way.

The process is that of being born again of the spirit of God sent by Jesus to those who believe that He is the Son of God, and capable of giving life.

Believe. Ask, and you shall receive.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
it is a good question. To me it goes along with what you brought up in another thread regarding chaff and Fire, and what is not burned and consumed but remains. even the every man a liar but let God be true. For all falsehood to be burned and consumed and God remain.
To be delivered from a carnal mind is what it is to be rescued. When the people saw that he was clothed and in his right mind, they were afraid.

Reactions: farouk and bbyrd009

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me and I know for others, too much of that does make simple communication more difficult. Just our personal differences cause that some misunderstandings without throwing in too much information compiled by someone not available to answer questions. I just usually plod along, reading only a fraction of all the posts. I am really trusting God to keep me from bypassing something He considers important. I was trying to read a few of the directly political ones to keep up with what is happening in the election process... but too much garbage and personal attack stuff to sort through... I simply skip most of it. I don't have time...
My sentiments exactly.

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Paul in 1 Cor 15 makes it clear we will have the same immortality of Christ at the Resurrection of the saints.

hope this helps !!!
wadr you surely interpret 1Cor15 to suit yourself, and your bargain with death will be annulled
i guess

What you sow does not come to life unless it dies.

"
buried with Him in death, raised to new life in Him"

Paul is hard to understand
16 He writes this way in all hisletters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.
17Therefore, beloved, since you already know these things, be on your guard so that you will not be carried away by the error of the lawless and fall from your secure standing...

i dont know, ok, but i underwent a little emo experience in getting "saved" and "baptized" in a 501c3 "church," and then we went and had a celebration afterward, no "death" involved at all yeh, and i suspect that you prolly underwent the same Club Initiation and now believe...ha, well, what they told us i guess, which was designed to tickle eh

so believe in the kingdom that comes by observation, tomorrow, for as long as you want to, no sin in that, and i dont even blame you. But imo dont forget that the Bible says when the overwhelming scourge passes through, you will be trampled

Last edited:
Reactions: amadeus