School homework- anti trump, can I ask a some questions !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B

Butterfly

As the lawyers say: "At your own risk..."
I have already got ' onward Christian soldiers ' going round in my head now -
Over here we have a little song ' I know a song that will get stuck in your head, stuck in your head, stuck in your head ' .............. We are all mad over here !! Lol

Reactions: farouk

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol - I cannot imagine any teacher in the UK getting the young children to sing songs about any of our prime ministers - but we did often have to sing ' God save the Queen ' when I was at school, don't think they do that anymore !

Okay, I guess the point I was endeavouring to discuss was about what is considered okay to discuss in schools- is it not okay to talk about the president unless it's only good - are teachers not allowed to debate or bring up negatives about the president ?
Rita
The point is school is not the place for political indoctrination by some unethical teachers . Trying to promote their own political influence upon the children as Educators and that is highly inapproprate.
How about teaching Math?, English , History? , Geography, computer science? etc... the USA is falling behind in academics globally and some teachers are wanting to spend valuable school time on politics? no wonder the west is losing their edge.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The point is school is not the place for political indoctrination by some unethical teachers . Trying to promote their own political influence upon the children as Educators and that is highly inapproprate.
How about teaching Math?, English , History? , Geography, computer science? etc... the USA is falling behind in academics globally and some teachers are wanting to spend valuable school time on politics? no wonder the west is losing their edge.

GREAT Post! And as such we see on of the TRUE COSTS of a Social Agenda, but that's what they want, -- stupid people blindly following what the government based puppet masters orchestrate, without anything else to distract/divert them, such as a Biblically based moral compass.

Change WILL COME when people become fed up with the government controlling more and individuals controlling less, and the people take to the streets -- AS WE'RE DESIGNED FOR because we're MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD.

It won't be pretty, and it might be a good idea to have: a "refuge" outside the city; enough food and fuel to last one-year; access to water that has an underground source; and sufficient necessities such as soap, medicines, TP, etc.

OR, -- alternately --, I understand that the "government" will offer FREE SHOWERS! ;)

Bobby Jo

Reactions: tzcho2

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The point is school is not the place for political indoctrination by some unethical teachers .
Absolutely. Neither are colleges and universities. But they all have been hijacked by the Leftists and Communists, as well as the anti-Trumpers and the Never-Trumpers. As for ethics, they do not know the meaning of that word.

Reactions: Willie T and tzcho2

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Quote: Bobby Jo
GREAT Post! And as such we see on of the TRUE COSTS of a Social Agenda, but that's what they want, -- stupid people blindly following what the government based puppet masters orchestrate, without anything else to distract/divert them, such as a Biblically based moral compass.

Change WILL COME when people become fed up with the government controlling more and individuals controlling less, and the people take to the streets -- AS WE'RE DESIGNED FOR because we're MADE IN THE IMAGE OF GOD.

It won't be pretty, and it might be a good idea to have: a "refuge" outside the city; enough food and fuel to last one-year; access to water that has an underground source; and sufficient necessities such as soap, medicines, TP, etc.

OR, -- alternately --, I understand that the "government" will offer FREE SHOWERS!

Probably in the gas chambers.

-- huh --, I had NEVER considered that prospect! ;)

So are you working toward your one-year preparations? -- We've only got TWO YEARS (my best understanding) until the mark-of-the-beast. -- Or will you be in line for the FREE SHOWERS?

And one more thing, -- I ain't no Mormon --, but even the town drunk knows not to cross a swollen river.

Bobby Jo​

Last edited:

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So are you working toward your one-year preparations? -- We've only got TWO YEARS (my best understanding) until the mark-of-the-beast. -- Or will you be in line for the FREE SHOWERS?
Scripture does not allow for date-setting. So where did you come up with two years? Or did you mean two ears?

Reactions: Willie T

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture does not allow for date-setting. ...

CHURCHES do not allow for "date setting", because the Hirelings HAVE NO CLUE as to what GOD has for his Children:

1 Thess 5:2 For you yourselves know well that the day of the Lord will come like a thief in the night. 3 When people say, “There is peace and security,” then sudden destruction will come upon them as travail comes upon a woman with child, and there will be no escape. 4 But you are not in darkness, brethren, for that day to surprise you like a thief.

But if you and your HIRELING prefer to be in the FIRST Group, then PLEASE BE PLEASANTLY SURPRISED! :)

... and remember, the SHOWERS are FREE!
Bobby Jo

Last edited:
B

Butterfly

The teacher mentioned in the OP was teaching ' English ' - she /he was using the material, as a means to understand what an author was meaning and saying - they were obviously trying to get the class to break down the intent behind the words. That's totally different to promoting their own political view.
We studied ' animal farm ' when I was at school, it was about communism ( mind you I was so naive I didn't have a clue of the real meaning of the book !! )
I think the west is losing its edge because we over react and take offence way to easily , well that's one of the reason anyway!
Rita

tzcho2

Feb 15, 2019
Boston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The teacher mentioned in the OP was teaching ' English ' - she /he was using the material, as a means to understand what an author was meaning and saying - they were obviously trying to get the class to break down the intent behind the words. That's totally different to promoting their own political view.
We studied ' animal farm ' when I was at school, it was about communism ( mind you I was so naive I didn't have a clue of the real meaning of the book !! )
I think the west is losing its edge because we over react and take offence way to easily , well that's one of the reason anyway!
Rita
Seeing how kids have been sent home for wearing maga hat or t-shirts supporting the President and given the political climate in the country , I do suspect her motives.

Reactions: Willie T
B

Butterfly

I was talking about this one particular school , this one teacher and asking questions about it. Judging from the reaction of the parents, they would proberbly be delighted if the children came home with t/ shirts supporting the president - thier reaction appears to be because the material used was from a book that was opposed to the president, but that may not be the case.
I don't know enough about the teacher concerned to judge her/ his motives.
Rita

Reactions: Nancy

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I came across a number of articles and videos about the homework set by one teacher that is obviously being seen as being wrong..... However when I looked at the homework it is clearly about a book being looked at and used as a means of defining certain answers and views. The teacher isn't claiming that she is anti trump , or asking the children what their views are, but asking to consider what the authors views were.
Why is it considered wrong to discuss ?
If my grand daughter brought home the same kind of homework about a book that was anti Thereasa may , I would not see it as being wrong as such. I would see it as a book review and evaluation of ' what the author was meaning '
We discuss things all the time - so what am I missing ?
Why are some people calling for this teacher to be fired, don't you think that's a bit over the top !
I am an outsider looking in , so I thought I would ask for an insider prospective.
Rita
There is only one right agenda for education...and it should be unbiased.

Students should not be lead or taught to lean one way or the other, but rather to be able to formulate their own questions, and answer them for themselves.

Bobby Jo

Feb 5, 2019
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
.. the parents, they would probably be delighted if ...

Yeah, there's always an "IF" to fall back on, -- in spite of the FACTS. And the facts were, that Obama was held up as an example, and Trump was defamed.

But IF the teacher had ... Yeah, NO.

Bobby Jo

B

Butterfly

Yeah, there's always an "IF" to fall back on, -- in spite of the FACTS. And the facts were, that Obama was held up as an example, and Trump was defamed.

But IF the teacher had ... Yeah, NO.

Bobby Jo
Nitpicking comes to mind !!!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Rita
People who are determined enough are capable of trying to use any piece of literature to try to promote whatever their agenda may be.

B

Butterfly

yes, true, but in this case we don't know that for sure as we don't know the full context.
I still do not think the teacher should lose her job though, do you ?
Must try and find an update
Rita

Reactions: Nancy