School homework- anti trump, can I ask a some questions !

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
HOMEWORK ~ assigned By Teachers...
UGH!!

Never agreed with TEACHERS assigning homework. Less it be...home-WORK...like
go home and clean your room, mow the lawn, get supper started, clean off the table, wash the dishes, get your laundry done, have a shower, Thank God, rest well and see you tomorrow.

Glory to God,
Taken

B

Butterfly

HOMEWORK ~ assigned By Teachers...
UGH!!

Never agreed with TEACHERS assigning homework. Less it be...home-WORK...like
go home and clean your room, mow the lawn, get supper started, clean off the table, wash the dishes, get your laundry done, have a shower, Thank God, rest well and see you tomorrow.

Glory to God,
Taken
Lol , but homework is a good excuse to get out of the chores !!
I don't remember getting that much homework.
I have mixed views about homework x
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Right!! Lol.

We had "homework", however I would arrange to have my last class what we called a "study-hall", and do my "homework" before I left school.

I have mixed views about homework
Rita

For a "project", I have no issue, but daily homework, eh, not for that.

God Bless,
Taken

B

Butterfly

I remember getting projects to do at home - quite enjoyed those.
I do not know whether it is the same in The US but over here they get a lot of work to do online now , which I have always found a bit unfair on the poorer families who cannot afford laptops and computers. Also in all the classrooms they use interactive white boards - not like the old blackboards and chalk !!!!
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why is it considered wrong to discuss ?

If my grand daughter brought home the same kind of homework about a book that was anti Thereasa may , I would not see it as being wrong as such. I would see it as a book review and evaluation of ' what the author was meaning '

We discuss things all the time - so what am I missing ?

The "homework" appeared to be a lesson in "vocabulary".

Spelling AND Vocabulary, have been school lessons for eons. Teaching how and why a word is spelled the Way it IS spelled, and how to use the word properly in a written sentence or oral speech.

The particular "words" are a prechosen list assigned by the teacher.

The PROPER testing of the Teacher of the Student .... USED to be, quizzing the child on WHY the word is spelled as it is...and for the child to demonstrate HOW to use that word in a sentence.

The ANGER of the parent was moreso ABOUT the Teacher DEMONSTRATING "her knowledge of how SHE would use the WORD in a sentence," according to a NARROW list of words pre-chosen by her.

Why are some people calling for this teacher to be fired, don't you think that's a bit over the top !

Sure it's over the top. Everything in this world is over the top!
Not particularly a secret, Teachers are typically associated with Democratic Politics and are encouraged to implement Democrat influence forward toward their Students.

I am an outsider looking in , so I thought I would ask for an insider prospective.
Rita

I would say it was a message from the Parent to the Teacher to BACK OFF with her Democrat Political Influence toward his child.

Glory to God,
Taken

Reactions: Bobby Jo
B

Butterfly

Not particularly a secret, Teachers are typically associated with Democratic Politics and are encouraged to implement Democrat influence forward toward their Students.

Taken
Wow, really - that's not good.
Has it always been that way?
Rita

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow, really - that's not good.
Has it always been that way?
Rita

NEA (National Education Association) mid 1850's then called the NTA (National Teachers Association)

AFT (American Federation of Teachers) 1916.

Both have a high membership of "American Educators".
Contributions to Democrat political candidates rates approx. 97%.
Also contributes funds to Left -leaning advocates.
For example UnidoUS, formally called LaRaza, established in the late 1960's. Primarily, focused on the Hispanic "RACE", (LaRaza meaning "The Race") and aggressive defense of open boarders and promotion of illegal aliens.

Nothing new; supporting a political party with big bucks results in great Influence if a supported person is seated in government.

In short; it is part of the wheeling dealing backroom deals, buying votes, buying influence, favors, etc;
we simple call government corruption.

It has become common-place in DC, ie the District of Corruption.

God Bless,
Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I have mixed views about homework x
Rita

We got none , but that was in the 40's-50's.
I don't remember my kids getting much at all in the 60's.

My poor granddaughters who are both teachers 'have' to give homework...(done on line) ..but they say that maybe one kid out of 40 of them ever does ANY!!
Teachers used to be able to use what they got their degrees for and t e a c h , but now what they 'teach' and how they teach is dictated to.

Why teacher have to do all those years of training and get degrees in Science, Math and English etc is stupid. These days everything is so dictated to, any person off the street who can read and speak could "teach'..they just have to parrot stuff that they are told to "teach." It makes my grand daughter so mad.
Talk about brainwashing by the authorities that be. :(

Reactions: Taken

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Sure it's over the top. Everything in this world is over the top!

I would say it was a message from the Parent to the Teacher to BACK OFF with her Democrat Political Influence toward his child.

Glory to God,
Taken

I posted mine before I read yours here.

Agree, that is why my christian granddaughters get angry at the rubbish stuff that they are give "to teach". The material they are give is biased anti- Christian and 'leftist'.
But in the days of unemployment a job is a job is a job..and pays well.

They earn their 6 weeks off during summer...or they'd go nuts...

Reactions: Taken and Nancy
B

Butterfly

NEA (National Education Association) mid 1850's then called the NTA (National Teachers Association)

AFT (American Federation of Teachers) 1916.

Both have a high membership of "American Educators".
Contributions to Democrat political candidates rates approx. 97%.
Also contributes funds to Left -leaning advocates.
For example UnidoUS, formally called LaRaza, established in the late 1960's. Primarily, focused on the Hispanic "RACE", (LaRaza meaning "The Race") and aggressive defense of open boarders and promotion of illegal aliens.

Nothing new; supporting a political party with big bucks results in great Influence if a supported person is seated in government.

In short; it is part of the wheeling dealing backroom deals, buying votes, buying influence, favors, etc;
we simple call government corruption.

It has become common-place in DC, ie the District of Corruption.

God Bless,
Taken
Wow - I had no idea - our education system may have its faults, but I am kind of glad its slightly different X

Reactions: Taken

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I posted mine before I read yours here.

Agree, that is why my christian granddaughters get angry at the rubbish stuff that they are give "to teach". The material they are give is biased anti- Christian and 'leftist'.
But in the days of unemployment a job is a job is a job..and pays well.

They earn their 6 weeks off during summer...or they'd go nuts...

^^^ THAT hangs in the premise...American School DISTRICTS, "use" to be "INDEPENDENT". Meaning what the Local population within the District, agreed would be Taught, and the Entent they were Willing to collectively PAY, for facilities, books, teachers etc. WAS according TO the people WITHIN the DISTRICT.

Today, School Districts Often KEEP the FACADE of the name "Independent School District"....but they are in NO WAY, Shape or Form "Independent"... The STATE education system Dictates the Curriculum, and the BRIBE is $$$, and the FEDS Dictate to the STATES, and the BRIBE is $$$....and the KIDS and "TEACHERS" are Saddled with LIBERAL school books and TEACHING methods.

UGH!!

God Bless.