1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Science and faith ARE compatible!

Discussion in 'Christianity & Science Forum' started by speedyj1992, May 6, 2018.

1. speedyj1992

speedyj1992 Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hey guys,

I am doing a video series on how science and faith can be compatible in most situations with a SPECIAL GUEST college professor of astronomy and physics. You can see part 1 here:

bbyrd009 likes this.
  2. Windmillcharge

Windmillcharge Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United Kingdom
    A basic question for you to ask.
    Why does science, engineering and maths etc work?
    If your guest believes in evolution he believes that it is randomness that has caused everything, so how does he explain how random processes have created order?

It is also worth pointing out that modern science depends entirely on Christian philisophical ideas to explain how science etc works.
    That is that the universe is consistent, understandable and that we are anle to seek to understand it.

So yes science is compatable with Christianity, but evolutionary atheism isn't

Prayer Warrior and pia like this.
  3. speedyj1992

speedyj1992 Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Hello,

Thank you for your question! After I finish posting the final part of the series in a bit, I can answer that, but it would be MUCH easier for me to remember to ask Kyle that if you just copy and paste those as a comment on one of the videos (though I think you'll find it's pretty clear that he does not believe in evolutionary science, which I will go even farther to say isn't even science to begin with).

Thanks so much,
    Joe from "FindingFaith"

4. Nomad

Nomad Post Tenebras Lux

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    @speedyj1992

The music running through the entire video is very loud and distracting.

5. speedyj1992

speedyj1992 Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    Thank you for the feedback - I'm sorry it was too loud. I'm definitely trying to make the music more subtle on future videos, and that will include the next parts of this mini-series before they go up.

6. pia

pia Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Christian
    Australia
    Couldn't agree more........Good to see that some have have gained this understanding, instead of turning everything into a 'war' between people.......May really help some, who have rejected God all together because of what science had to say during the past couple of hundred years......thankfully even a lot of scientists are coming to that realization also....Glory be to His Love...

7. 7angels

7angels Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    i believe science is man's way of finding out how God does things like creation and ect. except man has taken science and twisted it. they separated God from the equation and now there are so many theories that just do not add up that man is coming up with conclusions that are just stupid. the big bang theory proven impossible but still believed in by others. darwin's evolution theory proved false but still taught in school? how sad it that? i could go on and on but you all probably get the point.

God bless

8. Brother James

Brother James Active Member

Science really is nothing more than investigating why things are the way they are. If I ask "why does warm air cause a balloon to rise?", I could say "because God intends warm air to rise" but it is in the nature of people to investigate further. It is not wrong to do that because God has created us to be curious inquisitive creatures who investigate our surroundings to gain better understanding. I think where we get into trouble is when we believe that all of the truth of our existence is contained withing the boundaries of what science has explained. Science is useful, beneficial, and good until we make science our god.

Jane_Doe22 and bbyrd009 like this.
  9. Wafer

Wafer Active Member

Faith:
    Christian
    United States
    The common attitude in both faith and science is "I wanna do it myself!" Eve knew the commandment but she wanted to go one better. She omitted a word, she added a word and she changed a word.

Scientists today do the same thing. They have a strictly defined method, but they want to omit, add, and change to make up something of their own. Scientists and preachers both insist that they don't do any such thing, and besides it is perfectly alright to do it!