Scottish independence

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Let us pray today in hopes of a reunion between Britain and Scotland. Let us pray for the peace of all Scottish and all British.
Whatever the outcome of this referendum, let us pray for ultimate peace, harmony, prosperity and love.
I as an Englishmen only hope for the peace of our two nations. In hopes that we won't divide if the majority vote yes and hopes that our union will advance if the vote is no.
I personally think it would be better for Scotland if they resided with the United Kingdom as the burden on their children would be too much.
Taxes have been concluded to rise and talks of them not even being allowed the Stirling pound currency will ultimately cost the country a huge sum to apply for another main currency.
Also for the people of the union and all the tough times through thick and thin we have resided together as a united nation for peacekeeping and prosperity between us both.
The union is a long ancestry line of friendship, trade and a thick chain of togetherness as one country.
However the circumstances I am for both. I only want peace.
I hope our neighbour Scotland will stay with us as strongly committed as before if the vote is yes.
Let's pray.

Our father who art in heaven, today we pray for the Scottish independence referendum.
What ever circumstance that it will lead to, guide us all with your love, guide Scotland and enlighten them.
Jesus Christ guide them, fill them with joy and harmony. Let them seek peace and be in peace forever.
Defend them and defend us from our enemies, keep us from sin and deliver us in times of trouble.
Let our nations not divide however the vote, but unite just as before, stronger than ever with your
almighty everlasting spirit of binding compassion and love.
In Jesus name we pray.
Amen.

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The people of Scotland have my prayer today regardless of choice. I am not sure if we have any Scots here, but I think the move would be unwise. Being an American and having no real say in the matter, I think the idea of independence is attractive to my American ears. However, I do not see this ending well for Scotland if they do choose to cut ties with the UK. I think it's an issue of economics and I just don't see it moving into a stable position. However, perhaps the talking heads would have said the same thing about America in 1776.

Appreciate your thoughts and sharing on the matter, regardless of the outcome!

thomasleonard

Christian Spokesman
Aug 17, 2014
London
Thank you very much, I appreciate your comment on this issue, and I do have to agree with you.
The outcome for Scotland could be disastrous and have serious repercussions on future generations.
So we pray today in hopes the Lord will comfort all those who will be disowned through this referendum.
And in hopes the Lord will fill all with his undivided love and attention through this vote.
However the outcome, my thoughts and prayers are for all those in need of comfort over this issue, in any circumstance. the Lord is with them and with us all.
Christ lives in everyone, all praise yeshua!
God bless.

This Vale Of Tears

Indian Papist
Jun 13, 2013
Idaho
I love how Scotland is pursuing peaceful means of making this choice rather than the 100 years of violence committed by the IRA. It says a lot about their character.