Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith, I appreciate your patience. Still, I'm tired and may not write as eloquently as usual since this is the 2nd time I've replied as requested. LOL

My questions never answered!

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

There may be 2 reasons why your questions are not answered:
  1. Your questions are not aligned with the thread topic.
  2. You bury your question(s) in a sea of Scripture.
In this case, I only found the one question in the see of Scripture and it seemed to be a rhetorical question since you answered it.

how can a man be the life?
God is life

To answer your question, I refer to today's Devotional reading Acts 9. Yes, Jesus said he is the life but Peter actually brought someone back from the dead. I think we both agree this does not make Peter, the Creator of the Universe, God almighty. The same with the man Jesus.

I'm tempted to write more but should leave it there for you to consider except for one more general point. Throughout Scripture God works through men, angels, animals, the dead and living. This does not make them God either. I hope this answers your question.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
theefaith, I appreciate your patience. Still, I'm tired and may not write as eloquently as usual since this is the 2nd time I've replied as requested. LOL

There may be 2 reasons why your questions are not answered:
  1. Your questions are not aligned with the thread topic.
  2. You bury your question(s) in a sea of Scripture.
In this case, I only found the one question in the see of Scripture and it seemed to be a rhetorical question since you answered it.

To answer your question, I refer to today's Devotional reading Acts 9. Yes, Jesus said he is the life but Peter actually brought someone back from the dead. I think we both agree this does not make Peter, the Creator of the Universe, God almighty. The same with the man Jesus.

I'm tempted to write more but should leave it there for you to consider except for one more general point. Throughout Scripture God works through men, angels, animals, the dead and living. This does not make them God either. I hope this answers your question.

peter did not bring anyone back from the grave, he did everything in the “name of Jesus”

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My questions never answered!

1 jn 5:3 For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

Jn 14:15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

2 Peter 3:15 And account that the longsuffering of our Lord is salvation; even as our beloved brother Paul also according to the wisdom given unto him hath written unto you;

2 Peter 3:18 But grow in grace, and in the knowledge of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ. To him be glory both now and for ever. Amen.

Psalm 86:15
But thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion, and gracious, long suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.

Exodus 34:6
And the Lord passed by before him, and proclaimed, The Lord, The Lord God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,

Only God can grant men peace

Jn 14:1Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.

5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?

6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

7 If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

8 Philip saith unto him, Lord, show us the Father, and it sufficeth us.

9 Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father?

10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

11 Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake.

12 Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father.

13 And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son.

14 If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

15 If ye love me, keep my commandments.

16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;

17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

18 I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.

19 Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.

20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

21 He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.

22 Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?

23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

24 He that loveth me not keepeth not my sayings: and the word which ye hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me.

25 These things have I spoken unto you, being yet present with you.

26 But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

27 Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

my peace!
Gods peace!

John 11:25
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:

how can a man be the life?
God is life

Genesis 2:7
And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

in the new creation God also breathed life into them

Jn 20:22 And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

lk 2:30 For mine eyes have seen thy salvation,

31 Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;

32 A light to lighten the Gentiles, and the glory of thy people Israel.

Only God has blinding glory

Acts 9:1And Saul, yet breathing out threatenings and slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went unto the high priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus to the synagogues, that if he found any of this way, whether they were men or women, he might bring them bound unto Jerusalem.

3 And as he journeyed, he came near Damascus: and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heaven:

4 And he fell to the earth, and heard a voice saying unto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?
5 And he said, Who art thou, Lord? And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest: it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:
22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
Only God have the commandments only God can change them!
Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Only God has this power!
Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Only God!
Jesus said unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live:
Only God can be this!
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Only God!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Particularly this one

Matt 5: 21 Ye have heard that it was said of them of old time, (by God) Thou shalt not kill; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:

22 But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.

no hurry!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
peter did not bring anyone back from the grave, he did everything in the “name of Jesus”

Friend, don't confuse things. I deliberately took things one at a time in answering your question. If you cannot recognize how Jesus' accomplishments are not all unique, we are at an impasse. Fact is, Peter did bring someone back from the dead. So did Elijah. So did Elisha.

And I was going to get to next how Jesus told us to pray. He told us to pray to God, our Father who is in heaven, and is unitarian in nature. (For he did not tell us to pray to a Godhead consisting of more than the Father, who is God in his unitarian nature.)

Later Jesus told his apostles if they pray to God (who alone is the Father) in his name, their prayers will be answered. It would be odd to pray to Being A in the name of Being A's name.

Since we are on the subject; ever notice how no one prays TO the Holy Spirit but only FOR the Holy Spirit? Everywhere you look, anti-trinitarianism abounds in Scripture.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply refers to the fact that there is one divine nature

Yes, there is one divine nature. God in OT days gave this to a few select for a period of time. Then with the ministry of the Anointed Suffering Servant, God 1st put his divine nature in him and then he gave that one divine nature to us. Isn't that one John 17:22 is talking about?

Just because we have been blessed and graced with the Spirit of God, does not make us God.

Also, didn't Jesus talk to the Apostles about being his Spiritual brother? There is the equality you long for with the divine. Still, Jesus rightfully said God was greater than him and knew more than him. When I get the chance later, I'll delve into Chapter 10. Text that reads God (in his unitarian nature) identified, poured, was with and raised up Jesus does not support trinitarian doctrine but proves they are different beings; one doing the acting, the other acted upon. The idea that Jesus was God is destroyed by the text God was with Jesus. I am Wrangler. I was with Wrangler. Not the same.

38 You know God identified Jesus as the uniquely chosen One by pouring out the Holy Spirit on Him, by empowering Him. You know Jesus went through the land doing good for all and healing all who were suffering under the oppression of the evil one, for God was with Him. 39 My friends and I stand as witnesses to all Jesus did in the region of Judea and the city of Jerusalem. The people of our capital city killed Him by hanging Him on a tree, 40 but God raised Him up on the third day and made it possible for us to see Him. 41 Not everyone was granted this privilege, only those of us whom God chose as witnesses. We actually ate and drank with Him after His resurrection.
Acts 10:38-41 (VOICE)

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Friend, don't confuse things. I deliberately took things one at a time in answering your question. If you cannot recognize how Jesus' accomplishments are not all unique, we are at an impasse. Fact is, Peter did bring someone back from the dead. So did Elijah. So did Elisha.

And I was going to get to next how Jesus told us to pray. He told us to pray to God, our Father who is in heaven, and is unitarian in nature. (For he did not tell us to pray to a Godhead consisting of more than the Father, who is God in his unitarian nature.)

Later Jesus told his apostles if they pray to God (who alone is the Father) in his name, their prayers will be answered. It would be odd to pray to Being A in the name of Being A's name.

Since we are on the subject; ever notice how no one prays TO the Holy Spirit but only FOR the Holy Spirit? Everywhere you look, anti-trinitarianism abounds in Scripture.

only God can work miracles
And Jesus worked miracles

Matthew 8:27
But the men marvelled, saying, What manner of man is this, that even the winds and the sea obey him!

Romans 8:26
Likewise the Spirit also helpeth our infirmities: for we know not what we should pray for as we ought: but the Spirit itself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus not God

Matthew 8:26
And he saith unto them, Why are ye fearful, O ye of little faith? Then he arose, and rebuked the winds and the sea; and there was a great calm.
Only God has this power!
Matt 17:1 And after six days Jesus taketh Peter, James, and John his brother, and bringeth them up into an high mountain apart,
2 And was transfigured before them: and his face did shine as the sun, and his raiment was white as the light.
Only God!
Only God can be this!
John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
Only God!

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
only God can work miracles
And Jesus worked miracles

Jesus himself said the Apostles would perform even more and bigger miracles than he had.

Many people worked miracles in the Bible. My pastor a few months ago went into the story of how Elisha caused an alter to catch fire after the false prophets failed. Also, he said a jar would last in a poor mother's house until the rain came and it did. And then there is Moses parting the Red Sea.

I think you are getting lost though with how God works through others. Jesus is not unique in this regard. They are all servants of God, including Jesus.

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fully God
Fully man

Only the God-man can born of the ever Virgin mother

Jn 1:16
Jn 10:10
Grace in the new covenant
New creation
Jn 20:21-23 ref gen 2:7

Will you please post the scripture that states Jesus is "fully God"? And please, no links, post it here in it's entirety so we can discuss it, please.

Will you also post scripture to back up the following comment, please:

"Only the God-man can born of the ever Virgin mother"

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Will you please post the scripture that states Jesus is "fully God"? And please, no links, post it here in it's entirety so we can discuss it, please.

Will you also post scripture to back up the following comment, please:

"Only the God-man can born of the ever Virgin mother"

matt 16:18 18:18
Bound n earth by the authority of Christ thru his holy apostolic council bound in heaven

TheslightestID

Nov 30, 2020
From here to Kingdom come.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
matt 16:18 18:18
Bound n earth by the authority of Christ thru his holy apostolic council bound in heaven

Your post made no sense at all to subject, and still no scripture proving what you say. Looks like you cannot prove your claims, so until that happens, I'll assume you were just making them up.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your post made no sense at all to subject, and still no scripture proving what you say. Looks like you cannot prove your claims, so until that happens, I'll assume you were just making them up.
Nope I gave you both specific and now general scriptures that’s all I know to do

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You haven't read your bible.

You really should be more prepared before you join a debate here, else you just waste both your time,and that of others.

still say only God can work miracles

you’re entitled to you’re opinion
More power to ya

Status
Not open for further replies.