Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Still doesn't stop reality that Jesus is God the Son from being realized.

Your linguistic gymnastics is something to behold.
  • Hunter is the son of Joe. This makes Hunter NOT Joe.
  • Jesus is the son of God. This makes Jesus NOT God.
The Bible refers to the God the Father many times. Not once does the Bible refer to God the Son.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your own signature betrays you. Eloihim.
El is a singular One, but it has a masculine plural ending 'im'...a divine plurality.

Elohim, heavenly beings, is not the one and only Adonai. Retreating to foreign language is a dead give away you've lost the argument.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As long as you agree that Father, son and spirit are all equally god , separate, distinct, but co equal and yet one God we agree.
Yes, I am thankful we agree in spirit.
But I am telling you, some of that language
just comes across inconsistent or disrespectful.
I know what you mean, but run into
too many other people who read it as
denying that God the Father is greater than all.

(The terms "coequal" and "separate" I have found will trigger and rub people the wrong way. But I am one of those people who will talk to others using terms they can comprehend, like "Universe" instead of "God" when encouraging a friend in seeing that "Life" is on their side and bringing them positive things. When I talk with Jehovah's Witnesses, I have to literally refer to the "Father, Son, and Holy Spirit" and not use the term "Trinity" at all or it derails any ability to communicate. It is easier just to remember that the One God is governing us and just let each person express their beliefs and relations. I am not going to nitpick over whether the term "Trinity" or "co equal" appears in the Bible, because I know what we both mean by God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit!)

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim, heavenly beings, is not the one and only Adonai. Retreating to foreign language is a dead give away you've lost the argument.

What argument? Singular and plural forms also hold true in English.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What argument? Singular and plural forms also hold true in English.

Right. Singular pronouns refer to God 10,000 times. "Me" in the 1C is definitive - as is the Sh'ma. The LORD our God is alone.

I, the Eternal One, am your God and there is no other.
Joel 2:27 (VOICE)

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Speaking of Acts...
Acts 5:3-4 (KJV) But Peter said, Ananias, why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the Holy Ghost, and to keep back part of the price of the land? Whiles it remained, was it not thine own? and after it was sold, was it not in thine own power? why hast thou conceived this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied unto men, but unto God.

Putting the two bold texts together, we see the Holy Spirit=God. We can go to John to easily see also the Deity of Jesus Christ. But I will forbear for now.

michaelvpardo

Feb 26, 2011
East Stroudsburg, PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been around a long time michaelvpardo, I recall over 10 years ago debating with you on this subject. It's futile debating the subject because you are convinced in your own mind that God is a three headed being and no amount of evidence will change that. When the Lord returns I hope you can have that Saul to Paul moment - many will be enlightened in that day. God bless.
Maybe I just understand some things about time and space that you're unfamiliar with. Albert Einstein never came close to knowing his Lord, but his mathematical model of space time helped to convince him that there must be a God. Einstein just couldn't recognize Him in the face of Christ.
I don't feel a need to convince you or anyone else. That isn't my purpose for existence, but I know the Father through the Son, and the Son through His Spirit, so I believe that I'll stand with sound doctrine on the matter. Have a nice tribulation.

Curtis

Apr 6, 2021
KC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trinitarinians deny the big reveal of Jesus' ministry is that he is the long awaited Messiah, chosen by God to reconcile humanity to God and was never about revealing God incarnate. (Every Epistle makes clear that God, in his unitarian nature, is the Father alone, whose will is carried out by the Lord Jesus, anointed by God. Logic. Definition. Language Usage. When we say Jack and Jill went up the hill, it is not to be construed they are 1 being. The same when God, the Father, and Jesus went up the hill ...)

The amazing book of Acts establishes the highly controversial fact that a man was resurrected by God - and that eternal life is the inheritance of all who believe. No fair reading of this book could support any other conclusion. The trinitarian IDOLATRY of this man destroys the proof of Good News of our inheritance. For it is understandable that an all powerful God could appear to die and resurrect himself. (Translation below is CJB)

ACTS 1
v3 After his death he showed himself to them and gave many convincing proofs that he was alive. (God is eternal and him being alive is a given).

v7 He answered, “You don’t need to know the dates or the times; the Father has kept these under his own authority. (The Father Alone is God and his authority being different from and higher than Jesus in this verse is clear.)

ACTS 4
v7 “By what power or in what name did you do this?” NOTE: The answer is NOT in the name of God and no claim of God incarnate. Logic. Definition. Language Usage. The name is not the name of God.
v10 It is in the name of the Messiah, Yeshua from Natzeret, whom you had executed on a stake as a criminal but whom God has raised from the dead, that this man stands before you perfectly healed. (God in his unitarian nature clearly acted upon the dead Messiah, in whose name the emissaries of the Anointed One do this, perform miracles).

v24 Begins a prayer to God ...
v27 your holy servant Yeshua, whom you made Messiah (Again, God acted on Jesus, the Messiah. In this verse, God, in his unitarian nature made Yeshua the Messiah. This is not how one would talk about God incarnate).

Thus the prayer to God ends with

v30 Stretch out your hand to heal and to do signs and miracles through the name of your holy servant Yeshua!” (God, in his unitarian nature, does signs and miracles in the name of his servant, Yeshua. Logic. Definition. Language Usage. God is not his own servant.)

Jesus never died. Soul sleep is bogus.

His body that He incarnated into died for three days.

While His body was dead, Jesus descended into the heart of the earth and preached to spirits in prison.

And your other errors are taking scriptures that apply to God the Word after He emptied Himself and was born into a human body created lower than the angels, and trying to use them to prove He was not fully God in nature and status, before His incarnation.

That’s called comparing apples and oranges.

Shalom Aleichem

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are limits to our BS that he will take. He is finite.
????
@Wrangler Are you referring to the "Godhead"
There is a finite consensus on God's laws which does drives MAN's patience with each other through Christ.

What we can AGREE on in Christ IS Finite
(The narrow gate of righteousness)
And yes it will test our patience faith and forgiveness of one another.

Our perception of God is more like
what we attribute to the "Godhead".
Our conscious awareness of our relationship with God and human will has a finite beginning in the historic timeline.

Is this the part of God you mean?

This part is only as patient and forgiving as we are. If we forgive others, God forgives us.

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Scripture says he died. I believe Scripture not you.
If you read what @Curtis means,
Jesus BODY died, he acknowledges this.
His SPIRIT ascended. So Curtis means in spirit Jesus remains intact, not destroyed.
He is was and always exists on the heavenly level with God.

I think you are both talking about the same thing in terms of physically dying.

Otherwise,how could we talk about Jesus being sacrificed and resurrected if he didn't physically die?

Reactions: BobVance

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is this the part of God you mean?

No. God is finite. God gets angry. God will only save some people. He has limits, just like all things that exist.

Consider this. The Adversary is not God. God's divine Spirit will not be spread to all. These are limits. This is finite. Everything that exists has limits - even the universe, even God.

Reactions: Emily Nghiem

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. God is finite. God gets angry. God will only save some people. He has limits, just like all things that exist.

Consider this. The Adversary is not God. God's divine Spirit will not be spread to all. These are limits. This is finite. Everything that exists has limits - even the universe, even God.
You are talking about our PERCEPTION or knowledge/relationship with God.

Yes, the parts we argue about trying to define them in a Universal way, things we can name are finite.

What God represents to people collectively is on the infinite level of having "no beginning and no end."

If you want to just focus on "God as we know" then that is finite. I would call this the Godhead, that's the term I personally understand for the God we can perceive as talking to us as with speaking to Adam in the garden.

For the Greater God, that represents the infinite absolute highest of all, so that is going to be bigger than our finite representation.

It will get too confusing to use GOD to represent both levels.

It will help if we clarify which level you are focusing on, which in this case is the finite representation.

Thanks for making this more clear
where you are coming from so we can
communicate effectively, not talk in circles.

Reactions: BobVance

Emily Nghiem

Jun 16, 2021
Houston
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not at all. That everything that exists is finite is not a matter of perception but CONCEPTION. Even though I have not seen every circle, I know there are no Square Circles.
Yikes. In some Topologies, yes, squares can be twisted around into circles.
Straight lines can become curves on a surface that isn't flat.

If you do not stay in the 2D plane.

Our world is finite and 3D at most.

Energy like love can transcend linear time and connect people outside our normal way of perceiving time and space.

You remind me of Hamlet telling Horatio there are things in heaven and earth beyond our wildest dreams or philosophy....

Status
Not open for further replies.