Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Once again by refusing to educate yourself, you cripple your u understanding of the Word of God written from c. 4,000B.C. to c. 96 A.D.

The EXACT OPPOSITE is true. Last year I realized a profound truth of Scripture. In its entirety it was written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

This is the proper way to interpret Scripture.

This explains why the trinity and the doctrine of the trinity is not in the Bible.

Regarding John 2:19, you have to interpret EVERYTHING he wrote in light of 20:31, where he stated EVERYTHING he wrote was to convince you he is the Messiah, the Son of God - which means that NOTHING he wrote ought to be interpreted as anything else, including God incarnate.

Last edited:

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
selected a man

God chose to call this man Eternal Father, God, Lord of Lords and King of King, Alpha and Omega, the Beginning and the End, Creator of all things, Author and Finisher, the Spirit of Prophecy, God With Us, Savior, Redeemer, the Almighty..

So..

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

Read your Bible.

The Angel of the LORD is God.
The Spirit of the LORD is God.
The LORD is God.

"no one has seen God at any time" yet Moses and the 70 elders saw God. Abraham saw God. Jacob wrestled with God. Manoah saw God. Hagar saw God.

Who did they see?
They saw God!
Who is the visible manifestation of the invisible God? The Bible calls Him God!

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Who?
Trinitarian doctrine is not about 3 gods, but One God in three persons and is demonstrated in multiple passages of scripture. Even the great commission is given with the instructions to baptize disciples in the name of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. Was God confused when He said that? Was God trying to confuse His disciples?
You have been around a long time michaelvpardo, I recall over 10 years ago debating with you on this subject. It's futile debating the subject because you are convinced in your own mind that God is a three headed being and no amount of evidence will change that. When the Lord returns I hope you can have that Saul to Paul moment - many will be enlightened in that day. God bless.

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no only God can forgive sin and work miracles

it may be God working thru his church and apostles to do so but only God can do so

So you believe Jesus' "sinlessness" didn't enable him to forgive sins? You do know God cant sin? Cant be tempted by evil? You got this right?

face2face

Jun 22, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
no there is no new revelation
Our fallen nature is limited in understanding and comprehension

are you denying the fact that there are mysteries
Explain how fallen nature restricts one from understanding this unknowable mystery?

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have been around a long time michaelvpardo, I recall over 10 years ago debating with you on this subject. It's futile debating the subject because you are convinced in your own mind that God is a three headed being and no amount of evidence will change that. When the Lord returns I hope you can have that Saul to Paul moment - many will be enlightened in that day. God bless.

what about acts 2:42 and Matt 16:18 18:18 Lk 1:4

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The more I read arguments over how to say it, I see more and more how our finite/human language isn't perfect enough to describe Jesus/God.

If we state it as saying "Jesus is God" this conveys PART of the meaning that is lost by stating it as "Jesus is God's Word or Authority of Law/Justice" that makes it sound like Jesus is just a manifestation of PART of God and not fully one with ALL of God.

But saying "Jesus is God" sounds confusing because Jesus as the Son is NOT perfectly interchangeable with God as the Father
In ALL CONTEXTS.

@Ronald Nolette all I know is that I agree there is only one God, so when we talk about God this must be the same.
And Jesus is this ONE God connecting with man. Both "God in man" and "God's WORD or Law/Justice embodied in man" describe Jesus.

But saying it one way can confuse and alienate people who say it the other way, and vice versa.

Still only ONE God, and only ONE Jesus as the only Mediator between man and God.

These same arguments that people keep having merely remind me our language is not perfect, and when we try to explain it, it can just cause more confusion.

Sorry about this.
I just agree to understand that we share the same faith in Christ Jesus, and our limited human language and perception fails to do justice and capture the full nature of God and the relationship with God through Jesus.

We can go in circles, and it still doesn't clarify for everyone who relates to the other ways of saying it, and reads the other ways as not accurate.

The nature of God and Jesus is still what it is, even if we fail to explain it perfectly to each other.

It is funny to me how some explanations work for some people and not others!

I can totally relate to the Parable using Govt.
That there are 3 authorities Judicial Legislative Executive but only 1 Govt not 3.

Some people cannot stand or get that way of explaining how the three are one inseparable.

Others totally pick it apart to show it isn't the same as explaining God/Jesus/Holy Spirit.

One person tried to explain how H2O manifests as Vapor, Liquid and Ice. But other people pick that apart as well. Liquid is not a bridge between solid and gas but just another form. Etc.

No finite explanation is going to be perfect since God's true nature is infinite and beyond us.

I am just grateful we can even agree on
God the Father, Jesus the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Some people don't even have that much in common.

At least I can tell we share faith in Christ.
One God we connect to and receive through knowing and receiving Jesus.

You remind me to be thankful for the blessings of faith we do have.
Clearly we rely on that where our words and ways of explaining can totally fail and leave us unable to fully reconcile.

I also could not fully resolve things with my mother and rely on faith in God to speak with her in her own ways to figure out the rest!

Since there is only ONE Mediator between God and man, then this still has to be through Jesus. Even if we describe things in different ways, that process of reconciling and receiving God's truth has to be through Christ by definition.

As long as you agree that Father, son and spirit are all equally god , separate, distinct, but co equal and yet one God we agree.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The entire Bible is written by monotheist Jews who reject trinitarianism. Read in that light.

So should we reject Jesus as well? Because He came to those monotheist Jews and they rejected that truth.

And sorry but even the OT strongly clues that God was more than one being while being one god. And the New Testament calls Jesus God many times. REad it in that light!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread is about Acts.

Still doesn't stop reality that Jesus is God the Son from being realized. Acts does not stand alone. It is part of the whole Bible and just because info is not readily available in Acts does not mean that information is not valid.

Reactions: prism

prism

Blood-Soaked
Jan 24, 2011
So. Cal
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
29 Yeshua answered, “The most important is, [Hear, O Isra’el, the LORD our God, the LORD is one],
Your own signature betrays you. Eloihim.
El is a singular One, but it has a masculine plural ending 'im'...a divine plurality.

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There is only one God and one Lord!

The father
The son
The HS

one God one Lord three persons

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The EXACT OPPOSITE is true. Last year I realized a profound truth of Scripture. In its entirety it was written by monotheist Jews who reject the trinity to this day.

This is the proper way to interpret Scripture.

This explains why the trinity and the doctrine of the trinity is not in the Bible.

Regarding John 2:19, you have to interpret EVERYTHING he wrote in light of 20:31, where he stated EVERYTHING he wrote was to convince you he is the Messiah, the Son of God - which means that NOTHING he wrote ought to be interpreted as anything else, including God incarnate.

Those monotheist Jews to this day reject Jesus as messiah also. so do you reject Jesus as messiah and also deny His physical resurrection as those monotheist Jews do to this day?

WOW and I have condemned as extremely narrow minded. You are sub atomically focused. which means you cannot see so many things and realities of SCripture because you rely on the opinions of moniotheist Jews who reject jesus as messiah as well as teh fact He is ?god.

BTW it was not monotheist Jesus rejecters who wrote that Jesus is God but His very followers who accepted His Messiahship as well as jesus also!

But that means you have to learn to read the Scripture under the inspiration of the Spirit and not just from the perspective of Jesus rejecting monotheists who to this day still accept the tanach but reject Jesus. What do you say to those Jews who come ot knowledge of Jesus as Messiah and realize from Torah that Jesus is jehovah in flesh? they don't understand how the OY was written? They are not inspired? what dso you tell them?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You do know God cant sin?

Could Jesus sin?

If not, such a theology neuters this man’s great accomplishment culminating in the salvation of the world.

If yes, it means Jesus was never a real man, but God who merely took the form of a man for no purpose whatsoever.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So should we reject Jesus as well? Because He came to those monotheist Jews and they rejected that truth.

No. Your question is absurd. Jesus is the Jewish Messiah. Jesus was born under the law and said the Sh'ma was the most important commandment, which is the LORD God is alone. Jesus kept the commandments including the commandments, including the Sh'ma.

And sorry but even the OT strongly clues that God was more than one being while being one god.

Strongly hints? The explicit command proof text is the first commandment. You shall have no other god's before me. Singular pronoun tells the story, which destroys trinitarianism.

And the New Testament calls Jesus God many times. REad it in that light!

The NT never calls Jesus God. I realize trinitarians desperately reach for any vague comment to support doctrine not in the unitarian text.

Moses: Listen, Israel! The Eternal is our True God—He alone. You should love Him, your True God, with all your heart and soul, with every ounce of your strength
Deuteronomy 6:4-5, the Sh'ma (VOICE)

BobVance

Jan 18, 2021
Vandalia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just ranting against the idea that Jesus was true God and true man doesn't make it untrue. It's just your opinion.

"Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who, though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even death on a cross." (Phil 2:5-8)
What we as Christians have/need to remember is that we have finite minds. Can anyone imagine complete nothingness? No time? I know I can’t. Faith is trusting in Almighty God, and submitting to His will. I myself believe that Jesus Christ is Lord of ALL. Blessings to you all.

Reactions: farouk
Status
Not open for further replies.