Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not think God will like you for saying that. In Acts 26:15 the blinded Saul said,

"Who art thou, Lord?" And the Lord said, I am Jesus whom thou persecutest.

What a desperate attempt to equate the LORD with my Lord. Maybe back then, people were used to being subjects and servants, it not slaves, to a master they owed loyalty to. Perhaps there is a modern day bias against calling anyone lord except the LORD.

In any event. LORD. Lord. Not equal.

Reactions: APAK

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
What a desperate attempt to equate the LORD with my Lord. Maybe back then, people were used to being subjects and servants, it not slaves, to a master they owed loyalty to. Perhaps there is a modern day bias against calling anyone lord except the LORD.

You will find out who the Lord is on Judgement Day.

Reactions: kcnalp

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I would...I don't have any reason not to.
The power of the Holy Spirit to work in the lives of those who are seeking truth is powerful.
@Heart2Soul I love Colossians 3.16: " Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord."

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am serious. The trinity is not n the Bible - not the word and not the doctrine.

Attempts to back into it as a False Alternative will fail. Jesus is not any kind of God. The Book of Acts says God selected this man (Jesus) but that has no impact on your theology.
John 1 The Word was God. The Word became flesh ...

Reactions: Cooper

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. Jesus is a lord but not of the Old Testament.
Just your opinion. No proof!

The desperate arguments and assertions of trinitarians just get more outlandish![/QUOTE]
Such IRONY!

John 1 The Word was God!

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only trinitarian corrupted translations suppose that, like the KJV. Others properly say he merely called out to the Lord Jesus - who is NOT God.

The ESV prides itself on being the most literal translation in English, And as they were stoning Stephen, he called out, “Lord Jesus, receive my spirit.”
John 1:1-3 (ESV)
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Col 1 By Jesus all things were created.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. He is just not the LORD God, who selected the man Jesus to be our Savior and Master (lord).
John 3:13 (NKJV)
13 No one has ascended to heaven but He who came down from heaven, that is, the Son of Man who is in heaven.

Jesus is God!

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Agreed. He is just not the LORD God, who selected the man Jesus to be our Savior and Master (lord).

But Jesus is still divine and equally god in HIs nature as His Father. Once again LORD (if by this you mean Yahweh) is something Jesus is as per Is. 44:6 and REv. 1

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Have you ever read the Bible? "Name" is singular.

Matthew 28:19 (NKJV)
19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the NAME of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Don't show them that!!!!! Then they will actually have to pay attention when they read the Bible! :eek:

QuickFilly

Jul 30, 2021
Bellingham
wallpaperaccess.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So many pages, so many repeats of the same central topics in any Christian forum.

Really, what's the point? Hashing and rehashing the same doctrinal chestnut isn't going to change the minds of people on either side.
The Trinity is Tri-Theism, not of Christ. Jesus never taught the trinity because as God he knew there was only one. As God said of himself over and over in the OT. Which is the foundation of the NT.
The Triune doctrine has an insertion date into scripture and its hundreds of years after Jesus. That tells us it is a man made fiction.

Let people believe what they're impassioned to believe. Arguing likely only reiterates for them that they're right. Otherwise others wouldn't labor and strive to change their mind.

In the end, we'll all find out what's what. And some of us, likely me too, are going to be very surprised. Meanwhile, you're the Gospel! Your example and to everyone who sees you.
Defend that. Don't worry about others giving their Gospel example. Let them worry about that.

Reactions: APAK

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And @Cooper ... get your heads on straight and study scripture and various translations. If you are serious about knowing the truth seek it, and not just sit on and settle for a 16th-17th century forgery as your truth.

Screen%2BShot%2B2017-06-06%2Bat%2B00.13.15.png

This verse supports the false idea of the Trinity in some translations. The KJV has the phrase, ‘calling upon God,’ but placesGod’ in italics to indicate that the translators added the word and that it was not in the original text. The word ‘God does not appear in any Greek text of the verse. Thus, this verse does not support the Trinity.

Of course Stephen knew that Jesus was his Lord and Savior with the true power of his Father in heaven. He wanted his Master to keep his spirit safe and ‘alive.’

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It totally fits. John 14:26 has a “you” and and “I.” This refers to 2 beings.

Just because the verse references more than 2 does not make them all one being.
Nope, it doesn’t fit. Jesus (1) said his Father (2) will send his Comfortor (3) to teach them. That is 3 different entities. He didn’t say God will teach them.... he said the Comfortor (Holy Spirit) will teach them.

The Jack and Jill analogy has only 2 entities...jack and Jill.

Status
Not open for further replies.