Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. We are all children of God. Jesus is our brother and he said so. See Matthew 28:10 John 1:12 & 20:17. You really are confused with who God is (our Father) with his son and our brother, Jesus.

Actually, that is not correct at all but is a very common misunderstanding normally held by people who only read English translations and do not apply proper and rigorous study and vetting methods to properly put that phrase in context as well as application because that is not a linear statement with a single definition.

So, to hopefully fix this- what do "you" understand that title "children of God" in those 2 verses?

Jesus Himself said to the Pharisees "Ye are of your Father the Devil" so not everybody is a "child' ( defined as offspring natural or grafted) of God.

Those who face the second death are also certainly NOT "Children" of God either.

Reactions: Cooper

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wrangler,

I still don’t get your point and adding Acts 17:31 makes your theory more confusing. When reading Revelations about the 7 spirits of God in CONTEXT it has nothing to do with the Trinity. None the less, thank you for your time.

Exactly! There are countless verses that do not support the trinity. In this case, 7 spirits of God DOES NOT a trinity make.

You want to be confused.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
What's the difference between what you believe and Kingdom Hall's anti Jesus doctrine?

I don't know but it is irrelevant. The subject of this thread is NOT how does Wrangler's beliefs differ from others.

The subject of this thread is Scripture verses trinitarians don't want you to know about from the Book of Acts.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know but it is irrelevant. The subject of this thread is NOT how does Wrangler's beliefs differ from others.

The subject of this thread is Scripture verses trinitarians don't want you to know about from the Book of Acts.
Are you SDA? Mormon? Muslim?

Aug 15, 2021
knoxville tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont know if jesus is the father or not. most verses seem to say no and some say yes. in corinthians somewhere it seems to be saying that jesus is the one who attacked the isrealites with serpents therefore jesus= LORD. im afraid to offend God by being wrong. All i know is that to exhalt the son is to exault the father.

Aug 15, 2021
knoxville tn
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And you don't think there is any chance of offending God by constantly violating the 1st Commandment?

I dont say that Jesus is God. Im just afraid what if im wrong? I told God i have no right to ask him if its true because i didnt finish reading the bible yet. :(

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I dont say that Jesus is God. Im just afraid what if im wrong? I told God i have no right to ask him if its true because i didnt finish reading the bible yet. :(
Imagine if Henry Ford put on overalls and went to work in his car factory that he had created, but instead of calling himself Henry Ford, he called himself John Doe. Nobody would have believed him if he had said he was Henry Ford. Only his appearance had changed, he was still the creator of his massive car empire, and now he was there for all to see, but still people would deny him. If Henry Ford can have two ID's I am sure God can too, while being 1.

Last edited:

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont say that Jesus is God. Im just afraid what if im wrong?

You are repeating yourself. There are 2 ways to be wrong, if you do or don’t.

Nowhere in the Bible does it say that Jesus is God, let alone that you have to believe Jesus is God as a condition to be saved.

By contrast, the 1C is explicit. You shall have no other God’s before me. Trinitarians make a big deal of the plural pronoun ’our’ in Genesis, man was made in “our” image. It is even more significant that the 1C has the singular pronoun “me” because it is a command, not just a statement of fact.

In the Bible, it states God alone is the Father alone many times. By contrast, Scripture does not once say God, the HS, or God the Son. This should alleviate your fear: rely on what Scripture says and realize what it does not say.

Let me ask you this question; who decides who will sit on Jesus’ left and right side? See Mark 10:40.

An Apologetic Sheepdog

Aug 12, 2021
Atlanta, Ga
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Imagine if Henry Ford put on overalls and went to work in his car factory that he had created, but instead of calling himself Henry Ford, he called himself John Doe. Nobody would have believed him if he had said he was Henry Ford. Only his appearance had changed, he was still the creator of his massive car empire, and now he was there for all to see, but still people would deny him. If Henry Ford can have two ID's I am sure God can too, while being 1.

Do you even realize how silly that is?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. The Bible tells us Jesus is GOD with us and to call his name Jesus.

No where in the Bible does it say anything like that. The Bible tells us that Jesus is the son of God. One thing you can bet your life on is the son is not the father, Jesus is not God.

Status
Not open for further replies.