Scriptures that trinitarians Don't Want You to Know About - #5, Book of Acts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are in total denial. Again ignoring the Acts verse presented in this thread and appeal to diversion of other verses. Baal is called God. Does that make him God?

Make a blessed day.

I told you , based on a superficial reading of just the book of acts, you appear to have a case. but when you go just a little deeper and leaqrn how Jews used many of the words in the book of Acts, then you know they were saying Jesus was divine. Unless of course you are going to say Jews are in denial of their own culture.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The Book of Acts is the only testimony in this thread. If you want to discuss other Books, feel free to start your own thread.

Stop hijacking this thread. Thanks!

then ignore our posts using other books, and whyh don't you live up to your own whining and cease posting from other books as well? Unless of course you have one set of rules for you and another for the rest of us. After 900 posts, a very clear pattern has been established and it is not you whining that this is about just Acts.

Prove God exists from the book of Esther alone.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yeshua is the ONE GOD in heaven and on earth.

Yeshua is not God anywhere. This is why he told us to pray to our Father (who alone is God) who is in heaven. This is yet another way we can know Yeshua is not God for when he said this he was not in heaven.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
then ignore our posts using other books, and whyh don't you live up to your own whining and cease posting from other books as well?

I'm OK with playing along for a bit but not a total hijacking of the thread. It's about discernment.

An example of discernment is the very use of words "Father" and "Son" is to denote different beings.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Yeshua is not God anywhere. This is why he told us to pray to our Father (who alone is God) who is in heaven. This is yet another way we can know Yeshua is not God for when he said this he was not in heaven.
Your own Bible tells us Jesus is God.

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6 ESV)

Now stop it and be told.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Untrue. Once again, Jesus is not even in the verse you cite.

That the Hebrews do not associate this verse with the coming Messiah is telling.

I’ve posted before a link explaining how this verse was misappropriated by 4th century trinitarians when it actually refers to one born 3rd century BC.

You’ve been told. And once again, you reference a verse outside the scope of this thread.

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government shall be upon his shoulder, and his name shall be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace. (Isaiah 9:6 ESV)

Now stop it and be told.
Kind of futile and ridiculous don't you think, trying to force your ignorance and misunderstanding of scripture onto others to share in your misguided beliefs. There are only a few unfortunately, who know what Isaiah 9:6 really means, especially when translated correctly, without the trinitarian bias and lies.

So I dare you to breakout and write a short narrative of what Isaiah 9:6 means?! Convince me.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Untrue. Once again, Jesus is not even in the verse you cite.

That the Hebrews do not associate this verse with the coming Messiah is telling.

I’ve posted before a link explaining how this verse was misappropriated by 4th century trinitarians when it actually refers to one born 3rd century BC.

You’ve been told. And once again, you reference a verse outside the scope of this thread.
You are going on ignore. Bye.

Truman

Jul 31, 2020
Brantford
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I recently read an article that talked about different people getting different types of salvation. Some could lose it. Some couldn't. And others. I seemed to fit in the small category of those who couldn't. If I could've, I think I would've.
I only say this because my testimony doesn't line up with that of many. I feel like bit of an oddball, to tell you the truth.
Though I thank my Father that He made me just like He did.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I recently read an article that talked about different people getting different types of salvation. Some could lose it. Some couldn't. And others. I seemed to fit in the small category of those who couldn't. If I could've, I think I would've.
I only say this because my testimony doesn't line up with that of many. I feel like bit of an oddball, to tell you the truth.
Though I thank my Father that He made me just like He did.
Blessings to you. I put my trust in Jesus who will never leave us or forsake us, especially the oddballs like me for example. I think we are all his special children. May God bless you in all you do. With Christian love.

Reactions: Truman

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm OK with playing along for a bit but not a total hijacking of the thread. It's about discernment.

An example of discernment is the very use of words "Father" and "Son" is to denote different beings.

Well I started a thread and invited you to join! Its entitled Prove the existence of God just by the book of Esther alone!

but as I said, a superficial reading of Acts would give the impression that Jesus is not divine- that is a SUPERFICIAL reading. If one goes just a little deeper and learn how Jews and gentiles understood words used in Acts- you would not sound so benighted. YOur problem is you are content with a 21st century read of 1st cewntury words and how they were used- that will always lead you to false doctrine.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
a superficial reading of Acts would give the impression that Jesus is not divine

At least you are able to admit this. Of course, we disagree about the superficial part. Proof is that you and others had to keep attempting to hijack the thread by invoking verses outside the Book of Acts.

Anyway, I thank you for your (superficial) intellectual honesty in admitting the Book of Acts has verses in it that trinitarians do not want you to know.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings to you. I put my trust in Jesus who will never leave us or forsake us, especially the oddballs like me for example. I think we are all his special children

No. We are all children of God. Jesus is our brother and he said so. See Matthew 28:10 John 1:12 & 20:17. You really are confused with who God is (our Father) with his son and our brother, Jesus.

This is just another example of trinitarian dualism. While we are children of God and Jesus is the (first) son, somehow he is on a different level than his siblings. Definition. Logic. Language Usage.

kcnalp

Apr 5, 2020
Indianapolis
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We are all children of God.
1 John 3:10 (NKJV)
10 In this the children of God and the children of the devil are manifest: Whoever does not practice righteousness is not of God, nor is he who does not love his brother.

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No. It is an absolute Biblical fact. The trinity is not in the Bible - not the word and not the doctrine.

There simply is no verse that reads The nature of God is a trinity - consisting of the F, S, & HS who are co-substantial, co-equal and co-eternal - and if you do not believe this you cannot be saved but are damned forever.

Can anyone explain what it funny about that?

I know Copper is gone, ignoring me. I meant to get back to this post but had a busy week. There are many verses that explicitly equate God alone with the Father alone. "God, the Father" is in Scripture many times. Not once is 'God the Holy Spirit' in Scripture. Not once is 'God the Son' in Scripture. This is a profound and devastating fact to trinitarianism.

Another point totally ignored is not once in Scripture does anyone pray to Jesus or to the Holy Spirit. People pray FOR the Holy Spirit but not TO the Holy Spirit. Also, it serves no purpose to do as Jesus said and pray in his name if he is also who we pray too.

Just some closing thoughts.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
At least you are able to admit this. Of course, we disagree about the superficial part. Proof is that you and others had to keep attempting to hijack the thread by invoking verses outside the Book of Acts.

Anyway, I thank you for your (superficial) intellectual honesty in admitting the Book of Acts has verses in it that trinitarians do not want you to know.

I never said Acts had verses trinitarians don't want you to know. that is you putting words in my mouth. All I said is that superficially, Acts
s would to a modern 21st century mind show that Jesus may not be divine.

You are confusing superficial with explicit. The 10 Commandments are not superficial; they are explicit.

and what doesa the 10 commandments have to do with showing the divinity of Jesus in the book of acts??????????????????????????????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My point is likewise; there is only one monotheist God whose Spirit is an attribute, not a separate entity.

Jesus is a man whose resurrection is our proof of God’s promise as Acts 17:31 explains. Like us, Jesus is selected or adopted by God to be his sons and daughters.

Acts 17:31 does not emphasize that Jesus is a man twice to be contradicted in other Scriptural verses. (And of course, I reject out of hand all appeals to dualism and mysticism.) That is the point.
Wrangler,

I still don’t get your point and adding Acts 17:31 makes your theory more confusing. When reading Revelations about the 7 spirits of God in CONTEXT it has nothing to do with the Trinity. None the less, thank you for your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.