Searching For The Name Of God

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Ummm......I don't know how to respond to that..... :ummm:
ha well i liked the Will Be part, i think anyway; even if "I Am what I Am" sort of encompasses that anyway
but i do wonder how yall deal with
How is it you ask My Name, seeing as how it is Unfathomable? and the deliberate use of vowel forms YHWH in the Bible
i mean yall think those all got changed or corrupted somehow? And "Jehovah" is not a corruption? (again, not that i care, until one starts insisting)(which btw is usually a huge, dunning-kruger-type tell to me)
steep hill to be dying on imo

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yahweh/Jehovah, the self existing one.

Yahweh, sent the Word in the body of Christ which Yahweh holds up the name Yeshua/Jesus above all other names for having been obedient in choosing to do the will of God.

With all this, it’s good to know that Jesus is the gate; but strait is the way which can cause pressures going along the tight spaces and difficulties in this life with Christ whom is a believers strength whom can help you to subdue the flesh by his merit. You also are given the ability to ask God through prayer to help you by the spirit which is where Christ is manifested in and through you by faith; with support of what you know from the Bible.

Whatever your measure of faith may be; may you desire to draw near to Yahweh: through Christ Jesus the messiah, and Yahweh will drawn near to you.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Every English Bible that renders the Divine Name in English renders it Jehovah Walter.
Haha!
Punctuation is your friend. :)
Not making fun of you, it was just funny, me with a big cartoon question mark over my head, saying, jehovah Walter…?

Last edited:
Reactions: Robert Gwin

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I read it, and am familiar.

So who do you think Isaiah saw in Isaiah 6, because Isaiah thought he had died when he saw Him?
Hello Davy, Good question, Isaiah 6:1-13 is to me the commission of Isaiah, from the LORD and His Seraphims.

1 In the year that king Uzziah died I saw also the Lord sitting upon a throne, high and lifted up, and his train filled the temple.

2 Above it stood the seraphims: each one had six wings; with twain he covered his face, and with twain he covered his feet, and with twain he did fly.

3 And one cried unto another, and said, Holy, holy, holy, is the Lord of hosts: the whole earth is full of his glory.

4 And the posts of the door moved at the voice of him that cried, and the house was filled with smoke.

5 Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the Lord of hosts.

6 Then flew one of the seraphims unto me, having a live coal in his hand, which he had taken with the tongs from off the altar:

7 And he laid it upon my mouth, and said, Lo, this hath touched thy lips; and thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.

8 Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I; send me.

9 And he said, Go, and tell this people, Hear ye indeed, but understand not; and see ye indeed, but perceive not.

10 Make the heart of this people fat, and make their ears heavy, and shut their eyes; lest they see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and understand with their heart, and convert, and be healed.

11 Then said I, Lord, how long? And he answered, Until the cities be wasted without inhabitant, and the houses without man, and the land be utterly desolate,

12 And the Lord have removed men far away, and there be a great forsaking in the midst of the land.

13 But yet in it shall be a tenth, and it shall return, and shall be eaten: as a teil tree, and as an oak, whose substance is in them, when they cast their leaves: so the holy seed shall be the substance thereof.

Last edited:

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Walter, we are fine sir, thanks for asking. Did you know that statement applies to all the faithful angels sir. Interestingly though they are mortal, whereas Jesus was the first to be granted immortality. That is a concept that I cannot understand. Perhaps one day.
Nah... Jesus Christ was NEVER granted immortality. You're pushing that JW stuff from Russel again.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Nah... Jesus Christ was NEVER granted immortality. You're pushing that JW stuff from Russel again.
First one in fact Davy:
1pe 1:3Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1pe 1:4unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First one in fact Davy:
1pe 1:3Blessed [be] the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who according to his great mercy begat us again unto a living hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
1pe 1:4unto an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
Ha, ha, ha, you're referring to CHRIST'S FLESH with the idea of immortality! FUNNY!

Heb 13:8
8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
KJV

Sorry, but I have... to laugh. Because I thought you Jehovah's Witness folks knew better than to believe that it is our FLESH that puts on immortality!

One can argue all they want about the resurrection being to a new immortal flesh body because God did raise the flesh body of our Lord Jesus, BUT... one MUST pay attention in life, and that means also paying attention in God's Word...

1 Cor 15:45-47
45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was
made a quickening spirit.
46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
47 The first man is of the earth, earthy:
the second man is the Lord from heaven.
KJV

1 Peter 3:18-19
18 For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that He might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh,
but quickened by the Spirit:
19 By which also He went and preached unto the spirits in prison;
KJV

At some point, Jesus was transfigured to the resurrection type body, what Paul there called "a quickening spirit". Now might that be somewhat like the kind of spirit body He had back in Old Testament times BEFORE He was born in the flesh? Yep!

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

A little girl thinks she has the answer.
She says Gods name is Howard.
How does she know?
She reveals what she heard.
Matt 6:
[9] …Our Father which art in heaven, Howard be thy name.

Glory to God,
Taken

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia

A little girl thinks she has the answer.
She says Gods name is Howard.
How does she know?
She reveals what she heard.
Matt 6:
[9] …Our Father which art in heaven, Howard be thy name.

Glory to God,
Taken
I can imagine God got a chuckle out of that.

Reactions: Taken

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
3-4-23

There are actually seven places in the King James Bible where it actually has the name YEHOVAH with the Y changed to a J in the English Bible. In about the 14th. Century, the J was added as a I with a long tail. A long tail was added to differentiate the first I from the second I. When the printing press came along the long-tailed I was made a J and the King James Bible was one of the first books printed on the first printing press.

Exodus Six:3 And I appeared unto Abraham, unto Isaac, and unto Jacob, by the name of God Almighty (El Shaddai), but by my name Jehovah was I not known to them. It is in capital letters because the translation is from YHVH, but here the actual vowels are printed out that goes with the tetragrammaton YHVH (Yod-hay-vav-hay) translated into English-Yehovah.

Psalm Eighty Three:18 That men may know that thou, whose name alone is Jehovah, art the most high over all the earth.

Isaiah Twelve:2 Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and not be afraid: for the Lord Jehovah is my strength and my song; he also is become my salvation.

Isiah Twenty Six:4 Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength.

Love, Walter and Debbie

You might be interested in the four acrostics in the Book of Esther then...