Secession should be considered and allowed

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Mary, quite contrary

As I said, the New Testament did not negate slavery. (Eph. 6:5-6) "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh..." Also, (1Peter 2:18) "Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear..."

How could the war be over slavery when slavery was protected by the U.S. Constitution? There was no reason for the South to go to war over slavery when it was protected? Oh, because you call something a 'dead horse' then everyone should stop arguing with you? Not hardly. The horse aint dead cause you say so.

Scripture doesn't say slavery is a sin. (Matt. 7 or 22) has nothing to say about the institution of slavery. (John 15:10-12) has nothing to say about slavery. You see, Mary...you are saying slavery is a sin but it is not. It appeals to your do good heart strings, like it does with all do gooders. But it is not a sin. Thus the Scriptures you give do not pertain to slavery. Now, the slave owner is to treat his slaves fairly. (Eph. 6:9)

Seems, Mary, it is you fufilling (2 Peter 3:16) And, if I ever were a slave, you might ask me first if I want to be freed.

The discussion was over secession. You and others want to bring up the slavery issue. Which is fine, but this discussion is originally about secession.

Wrong again Mary. The South didn't secede because of slavery. And the North didn't attack the South to free the slaves. Do a little real research instead of just the history text books they give you today. Try and lay aside your blatant hatred for the South and your lying glorification of the North. Do you think a history teacher can do that?

Here in the U.S. all slavery today is illegal.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mary, Mary, quite contrary

As I said, the New Testament did not negate slavery. (Eph. 6:5-6) "Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh..." Also, (1Peter 2:18) "Servants, be subject to your masters with all fear..."

How could the war be over slavery when slavery was protected by the U.S. Constitution? There was no reason for the South to go to war over slavery when it was protected? Oh, because you call something a 'dead horse' then everyone should stop arguing with you? Not hardly. The horse aint dead cause you say so.

Scripture doesn't say slavery is a sin. (Matt. 7 or 22) has nothing to say about the institution of slavery. (John 15:10-12) has nothing to say about slavery. You see, Mary...you are saying slavery is a sin but it is not. It appeals to your do good heart strings, like it does with all do gooders. But it is not a sin. Thus the Scriptures you give do not pertain to slavery. Now, the slave owner is to treat his slaves fairly. (Eph. 6:9)

Seems, Mary, it is you fufilling (2 Peter 3:16) And, if I ever were a slave, you might ask me first if I want to be freed.

The discussion was over secession. You and others want to bring up the slavery issue. Which is fine, but this discussion is originally about secession.

Wrong again Mary. The South didn't secede because of slavery. And the North didn't attack the South to free the slaves. Do a little real research instead of just the history text books they give you today. Try and lay aside your blatant hatred for the South and your lying glorification of the North. Do you think a history teacher can do that?

Here in the U.S. all slavery today is illegal.

Stranger
Hello Stranger,

I get it. You don't have to tell me again. You are ok with slavery because the bible doesn't condemn it. But your only ok with slavery as long as your not the slave. Your a hypocrite.

How does one obtain a slave?

Which slave industry are you ok with? Human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, forced/servile marriage, commercial sexual exploitation (sex slavery)? (third time asking this question)

Curious Mary

PS...You are right. This discussion is about secession. Secession was pursued because the Southern States wanted to maintain SLAVERY. Therefor secession was about slavery so we are still on topic.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello Stranger,

I get it. You don't have to tell me again. You are ok with slavery because the bible doesn't condemn it. But your only ok with slavery as long as your not the slave. Your a hypocrite.

Which slave industry are you ok with? Human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, forced/servile marriage, commercial sexual exploitation (sex slavery)? (third time asking this question)

Curious Mary

PS...You are right. This discussion is about secession. Secession was pursued because the Southern States wanted to maintain SLAVERY. Therefor secession was about slavery so we are still on topic.

Bloody flag Mary

God doesn't condemn slavery, thus slavery is not the evil that you and others make it out to be.

In this country slavery is illegal. If I say ok to any you present then that makes me a criminal. Third time answering this question.

No, slavery was protected. There was no need to secede over slavery. As I have already proven through the Constitution, the Supreme Court, and even the Bible.

If bloody Mary was really curious you would try and find out why the Southern States seceded. But then, no more bloody flag.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bloody flag Mary

God doesn't condemn slavery, thus slavery is not the evil that you and others make it out to be.

In this country slavery is illegal. If I say ok to any you present then that makes me a criminal. Third time answering this question.

No, slavery was protected. There was no need to secede over slavery. As I have already proven through the Constitution, the Supreme Court, and even the Bible.

If bloody Mary was really curious you would try and find out why the Southern States seceded. But then, no more bloody flag.

Stranger
Hi dodging Stranger,

God doesn't condemn slavery? God is ok with pre-teen boys and girls being sex slaves. Interesting!

Slavery is not the evil that I and others make it out to be? Really? I wonder if the 13 year old sex slave agrees with you? Or the 13 year old girl who is forced into a marriage? Wait a minute. Scripture doesn't even say at what age a girl has to be to get married. So I guess I can marry a 13 year old boy and I wouldn't be violating scripture? God is great! I wonder...... if you were a sex slave if you would be ok with slavery then? I'm going out on a limb here and am guessing.....you wouldn't be ok with it?

I am willing to bet you wouldn't allow anyone you love to be a slave. But clearly God is ok with slavery for the ones He loves? Scripture is very clear about that.

Your ok with slavery but since it's illegal, in this country, you won't answer my question. Weird. Did you know answering the question doesn't make you a criminal? The ACT of owning a slave (kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment) makes you a criminal silly boy.

Which slave industry are you ok with? Human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, forced/servile marriage, commercial sexual exploitation (sex slavery)? (fourth time asking this question)

Curious Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi dodging Stranger,

God doesn't condemn slavery? God is ok with pre-teen boys and girls being sex slaves. Interesting!

Slavery is not the evil that I and others make it out to be? Really? I wonder if the 13 year old sex slave agrees with you? Or the 13 year old girl who is forced into a marriage? Wait a minute. Scripture doesn't even say at what age a girl has to be to get married. So I guess I can marry a 13 year old boy and I wouldn't be violating scripture? God is great! I wonder...... if you were a sex slave if you would be ok with slavery then? I'm going out on a limb here and am guessing.....you wouldn't be ok with it?

I am willing to bet you wouldn't allow anyone you love to be a slave. But clearly God is ok with slavery for the ones He loves? Scripture is very clear about that.

Your ok with slavery but since it's illegal, in this country, you won't answer my question. Weird. Did you know answering the question doesn't make you a criminal? The ACT of owning a slave (kidnapping, unlawful imprisonment) makes you a criminal silly boy.

Which slave industry are you ok with? Human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, forced/servile marriage, commercial sexual exploitation (sex slavery)? (fourth time asking this question)

Curious Mary

Bloody flag Mary

Sounds as if you are angry with God. I guess He should have checked with you first about slavery. But, He didn't.

Again, slavery is illegal. One cannot obtain a slave. I will abide by the Law. Funny isn't it...how when slavery was legal and protected that the north wanted to refuse the South it's rights under law. Now, you want me to choose an institution of slavery when it is illegal.

Have you done in real research on why the South seceded? I mean you being a history teacher and all. In the meantime, keep waving that bloody flag Mary. We've seen it before.

Stranger

Reactions: Willie T

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bloody flag Mary

Sounds as if you are angry with God. I guess He should have checked with you first about slavery. But, He didn't.

Again, slavery is illegal. One cannot obtain a slave. I will abide by the Law. Funny isn't it...how when slavery was legal and protected that the north wanted to refuse the South it's rights under law. Now, you want me to choose an institution of slavery when it is illegal.

Have you done in real research on why the South seceded? I mean you being a history teacher and all. In the meantime, keep waving that bloody flag Mary. We've seen it before.

Stranger

Dear dodging Stranger,

Slavery is illegal, in this country. Not in all countries. If one can not obtain a slave, then HOW is their still slavery?

I have done the research. I have presented my evidence.

I think I understand why you won't answer my questions. When you sit down and really think about slavery, because of the questions I asked you, you start to realize how immoral and anti-Christian your stance is. How wrong it really is. You realize you can't defend it. Kind of makes you feel gross inside. But you can't back down since you have come this far. It's called pride: Proverbs 11:2

The unanswered questions are piling up and your pride is growing.

Your ok with slavery but since it's illegal, in this country, you won't answer my question. Weird. Did you know answering the question doesn't make you a criminal?

Which slave industry are you ok with? Human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, forced/servile marriage, commercial sexual exploitation (sex slavery)? (fifth time asking this question)

Curious Mary

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Dear dodging Stranger,

Slavery is illegal, in this country. Not in all countries. If one can not obtain a slave, then HOW is their still slavery?

I have done the research. I have presented my evidence.

I think I understand why you won't answer my questions. When you sit down and really think about slavery, because of the questions I asked you, you start to realize how immoral and anti-Christian your stance is. How wrong it really is. You realize you can't defend it. Kind of makes you feel gross inside. But you can't back down since you have come this far. It's called pride: Proverbs 11:2

The unanswered questions are piling up and your pride is growing.

Your ok with slavery but since it's illegal, in this country, you won't answer my question. Weird. Did you know answering the question doesn't make you a criminal?

Which slave industry are you ok with? Human trafficking, forced labor, debt bondage, forced/servile marriage, commercial sexual exploitation (sex slavery)? (fifth time asking this question)

Curious Mary

Bloody flag Mary

You haven't done your research. Your evidence doesn't prove the South seceded due to slavery. You have no answer for my evidence that slavery was protected and there was no reason to secede to protect slavery. Thus you must wave the bloody flag of slavery because it 'supposedly' postures you in the moral seat. It is the same thing the north did before and during that war. And it is the same thing they do today to remove all our monuments and flags.

What questions? You only keep asking one. Well, if you know where slavery is still legal, then you tell me how they obtain slaves. Where is slavery still legal and how is the institution maintained? That will tell you how to buy a slave if you really want to.

How can my stance on slavery be immoral and anti-Christian when God sanctioned slavery? I do defend it as it is sanctioned in the Bible and was Constitutionally legal in the U.S. during the time of the War between the States. Which, as I said, you can't disprove. Thus the bloody flag. Was God immoral? Who were the real traitors of the War between the States when slavery was protected by the Constitution?

It is not a a question of pride. What does pride have to do with it? I don't feel gross at all. Should God feel gross?

Fifth time answering your question. Slavery here is illegal. Let the country institutionalize slavery once more and then ask me. But, no matter what the answer, it does not take away from the South being the upholder of the Constitution, and the north being the traitor to the Constitution. The Constitution and God are against you. You must wave the bloody flag harder.

Stranger

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Bloody flag Mary

You haven't done your research. Your evidence doesn't prove the South seceded due to slavery. You have no answer for my evidence that slavery was protected and there was no reason to secede to protect slavery. Thus you must wave the bloody flag of slavery because it 'supposedly' postures you in the moral seat. It is the same thing the north did before and during that war. And it is the same thing they do today to remove all our monuments and flags.

What questions? You only keep asking one. Well, if you know where slavery is still legal, then you tell me how they obtain slaves. Where is slavery still legal and how is the institution maintained? That will tell you how to buy a slave if you really want to.

How can my stance on slavery be immoral and anti-Christian when God sanctioned slavery? I do defend it as it is sanctioned in the Bible and was Constitutionally legal in the U.S. during the time of the War between the States. Which, as I said, you can't disprove. Thus the bloody flag. Was God immoral? Who were the real traitors of the War between the States when slavery was protected by the Constitution?

It is not a a question of pride. What does pride have to do with it? I don't feel gross at all. Should God feel gross?

Fifth time answering your question. Slavery here is illegal. Let the country institutionalize slavery once more and then ask me. But, no matter what the answer, it does not take away from the South being the upholder of the Constitution, and the north being the traitor to the Constitution. The Constitution and God are against you. You must wave the bloody flag harder.

Stranger
Thank you. I usually do three strikes and your out. I gave you five.

Love Mary

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't slavery in the Bible much different than American slavery? I mean under the old Covenant, not Roman type slavery in the new Covenant.
If so, then Hebrew slavery just might still be O.K. with God. I don't know.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To GodsGrace

Concerning Lincoln:

First of all secession was not illegal before the War Between the States. So the act of secession alone by the South was not a reason to go to war. It was not an act of war.

Once the South seceded, they began sending the Federal armies back North. That included those in the forts around the coasts. These forts were for the purpose of collecting tariffs. Thus when it registered with Lincoln that the North would no longer be able to get tariff money from the South's industry, he refused to abandon Ft. Moultrie. Then through deception and lying he created the problem with Ft. Sumter. He manipulated the scenario so that the South fired the first shot so as to make us appear as the ones who started the war.

After the firing on Ft. Sumter Lincoln began his dictatorship. During the time of national emergency Lincoln was supposed to call up Congress. He delayed for three months. He then began making decisions only Congress should have made. He called for the militias in the States to put down the insurrection in the South. It really was not an insurrection as I said, secession was legal. But irregardless, that was Congress's call, not his. Many States who had not seceded, did now secede only because of this illegal action by the President. This information taken from; (When in the Course of Human Events, Charles Adams, p.36)

Next Lincoln ordered a blockade on all Southern ports. A blockade is an act of war and it required Congress's approval. He ordered the Navy to buy 5 warships, which also required Congress's approval. He next suspended the writ of habeas corpus which took away civil liberties. He shut down newspapers in the North that disagreed with him and his war. He later would call for more troops thereby going around Congress. He had the Treasury department pay 2,000,000 to a private firm in New York for military equipment which required Congress. He began arresting people who he believed disagreed with him and his war. Taken from (Adams, p.39-41)

Several months later when Congress did convene they went along with all Lincoln said. Why. Because had they not, they knew they would be arrested too. About 13 Southern Sympathizers in the Maryland State Legislature were arrested before Maryland could secede. An election was allowed in Maryland but only to insure that just Union people were placed in power. It was a fraud. The Saturday Review in London wrote "It was as perfect an act of despotism as can be conceived. It was a coup d' etat in every essential feature." Taken from (Adams, p. 41)

Yep, Ole Honest Abe...and this was just the beginning.

Stranger

Last edited:

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wasn't slavery in the Bible much different than American slavery? I mean under the old Covenant, not Roman type slavery in the new Covenant.
You need to be complicated for that admission. It seems the vast majority of people on here are deathly afraid of saying that. It is like they believe if they do not state that they emphatically know the total meaning of every word in the Bible, then they are somehow less than a Christian.

Reactions: bbyrd009

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
ppl often sold themselves into slavery then, too, so ya. I think we just call that "work" now. :)

DPMartin

Jan 30, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The reaction of grief and anger demonstrated by the liberals and Democrats reveals just how deep the divisions are in this country. (USA) Every election these reactions intensify as the divide gets greater. They are to the point now where peaceful transition of power, something the US always has prided itself in for several years anyway, is a thing of the past. Now the peaceful libs are not so peaceful. Rioting, destruction of property, beating people up because they voted for Trump, or using that as an excuse to beat white people up, is now a real danger. They speak of peace and unity according to their terms. No one elses.

Mayors of cities now declare that they will fight against Trump if He passes any law against Sanctuary Cities. Strange isn't it how when Obama and Democrats were in power that you must obey the Federal govt. Now that the power is back into Conservatives hands they say they will not obey. And we haven't even started yet on rescinding Roe-v-Wade.

Obama, Hillary, Libs helped create much of this violent reaction by labeling those who vote for Trump as deplorable, and evil, and full of hate. Thus now those who voted for Trump are the evil hate mongers of America. In other words, those opposed to the Libs, are evil.

Stranger

nope its about power and influence, simple. and the corrupt will destroy the country to hold on to power, and save their own buttocks too. actually this is a communist country tactic to try to intimidate the public that would vote against their whishes. even Hitler's cronies when they started to get power and influence did the same in Germany in the 30's.

this group is convinced they are entitled, and are doing their best to convince the country they are entitled, and the media is right there with them.

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
nope its about power and influence, simple. and the corrupt will destroy the country to hold on to power, and save their own buttocks too. actually this is a communist country tactic to try to intimidate the public that would vote against their whishes. even Hitler's cronies when they started to get power and influence did the same in Germany in the 30's.

this group is convinced they are entitled, and are doing their best to convince the country they are entitled, and the media is right there with them.

Why do you say 'nope'? Nope to what?

Stranger