Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thank you for showing interest in The Church. Any question that you have on the teachings of The Church can easily be answered: The Holy See (vatican.va)

Where can I find what your denomination teaches?

i'm uncommonly busy today, but hmm do you have a brochure you can leave with me?

you can find what 'my denomination' teaches at biblegateway.com
pick your favorite

Last edited:
Reactions: Taken

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me in Scripture where it says one MUST be fully immersed and I will join you and your men who teach you. You are the one stuck on what Scripture literally says so show me where it literally say "IMMERSE".

interesting. so you actually haven't even been baptized?
and you think it is an insult to say a person literally takes God at His literal word?
lol i know some people i want you to meet.

you are giving E.G. great honor while you think you debase him.

Capture.PNG

Reactions: Taken

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually, No they didn't.... they used Scripture (the written word) to verify the oral word about Jesus. They did NOT rely on Scripture alone. They relied on the WRITTEN word and the ORAL tradition about Jesus.

by 'oral tradition about Jesus' you mean the widely heard of ((see: the encounter on the road to Emmaus)) factual news about current world events related by an eye witness. the Associated Press doesn't teach doctrine. it informs you of the historical record.
for the doctrine Paul taught, the Bereans daily searched the scripture to find if these things were true.

this is all previously discussed material.
please don't be stupid, according to the Biblical definition of stupid. ((Proverbs 12:1))
that is conduct unbecoming of saints

o wait, are saints only those who are actually baptized?
hmm is that a question we probably need someone with strong thoughts on baptism to answer?
does scripture inform us on that?
or should we go by whatever some human-appointed pope/king says?

lmbo

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How do YOU know that The Catholic Church got "a lot wrong"?

“A LOT”....?
Will agree, there IS a lot to consider...
Hearing what a Catholic proclaims...then verifying with Scripture if that be so.

“A LOT”....Does NOT PASS the Scriptural Test.
Brief examples from the “LOT”...
~ “the” Catholic Church...is the ONLY True Church...:rolleyes:
~ Mary was Sinless...:rolleyes:
~ Mary remained a virgin...:rolleyes:
~ Mary is bodily in heaven...:rolleyes:
~ Mary is GODS Mother...:rolleyes:
~ A water baptism of an infant...is that infant receiving the HS...:rolleyes:
~ “the” Converted continue in perpetual SIN Against God...:rolleyes:
~ Gentile Men SIN Against men...:rolleyes:
~ Gentile men FORGIVE men of SIN...:rolleyes:
~ A Human man, IS a Catholics “Holy Father”...:rolleyes:
~ Jesus was a HUMAN man, (with mary’s DNA/lol) ...:rolleyes:
~ Peter was (unbeknownst to Peter)...a POPE...:rolleyes:
* NONE of those claims pass the Scriptural Word of God verification.

Are there any Protestant Churches that "get a lot wrong"?

Hard to say. I have not Reviewed the Beliefs of the “supposed” 10,000 sects of Protestant Churches. Perhaps if you could give me a billeted Highlight of each ones Beliefs and Teachings we could discuss that issue.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don’t find you capable of a worthy spiritual discussion.
And what you advocate as an intelligent debate is laughable on it’s face.
Ummmmm, then why do you keep engaging me in conversation.
YOU are the one who addressed me firt on thids thread - and every other thread.
And each time, I wihd up having to take you out to the Scriptural and historical woodshed.

Look - if you don't have any answers - then don't engage me in conversation.
It's that simple . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes.... you blathering “name calling and wrong, wrong, wrong” is you establishing your discussion, debate, argument is already lost.
Not a phenomenon to recognize gaslighting techniques.
First of all - I simply challenged you to provide a Scriptural refutation of my Scruptural arguments - and you have continually failed.
Sedoncly - I haven't called you ANY name - so if you can jusy stop lying and stonewalling - MAYBE we'll get somewhere.

You constantly pick fights with me - then when it gets too complicated for you, you cry "foul."
Next
time - bring something bigger than a pea-shooter to this gunfight . . .

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
First of all - I simply challenged

Simply Challenge?....no you do not.
You use every gaslighting technique...berate, name call, deflect, reword....
THEN carry on with your bloviating.

While comically and at times disturbingly amusing, it serves no valuable purpose.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Actually this post is proof of WHY we need Scripture Alone.

when we add the catholic interpretation and all the rest. There has to be a guide in which we KNOW is truly inspired of God. in order to test which of the many interpretations is correct.

Now if one person uses scripture and sees the catholic way. and another looks at it and sees it a Lutheran way. Is this the fault of scripture? NO!. its the fault of the one who is interpreting scripture.

And who will be held accountable for which way that person interprets?

The church? NO!!!!! the person who used scripture and did not interpret correctly!

Otherwise. We just blindly follow whatever church we think is correct, and have no basis or which to verify which is correct.
This is really an asinine response.

If this is "proof" of the efficacy of Sola Scriptura - and it has spawned tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects - HOW do you know that YOUR interpretation is correct? If ALL the others are wrong - does that mean that ONLY you and YOUR sect are correct?
Address all of the doctrinal differences you all have and try to reconcile them with Jesus's prayer for UNITY - they they all remain ONE - as Her and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).

The fact is that Jesus left us with His CHURCH to be our final earthly Aithority - and NOT just the Scriptures, which hadn't even been completed when He left this world (Matt/ 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

He left His CHURCH to represnt Him here on earth - NOT the Scriptures. His Church was to WRITE those and compile Scriptures, guided by the Holy Spirit to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

The Bible came out of the CHURCH - NOT the other way around . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Simply Challenge?....no you do not.
You use every gaslighting technique...berate, name call, deflect, reword....
THEN carry on with your bloviating.

While comically and at times disturbingly amusing, it serves no valuable purpose.
Then, point me to a SINGLE instance where I "deflected".
The patheic truth is that you've been Scripturally-spanked and it bothers you.

As for "name calling" - I haven't called you ANY names.
Boy - talk about "deflecting" . . .

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is really an asinine response.
I wonder how the mods let you continue in this place. This is yor representation of God?
If this is "proof" of the efficacy of Sola Scriptura - and it has spawned tens of thousands of perpetually-splintering sects - HOW do you know that YOUR interpretation is correct? If ALL the others are wrong - does that mean that ONLY you and YOUR sect are correct?
Address all of the doctrinal differences you all have and try to reconcile them with Jesus's prayer for UNITY - they they all remain ONE - as Her and the Father are ONE (John 17:20-23).

The fact is that Jesus left us with His CHURCH to be our final earthly Aithority - and NOT just the Scriptures, which hadn't even been completed when He left this world (Matt/ 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

He left His CHURCH to represnt Him here on earth - NOT the Scriptures. His Church was to WRITE those and compile Scriptures, guided by the Holy Spirit to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

The Bible came out of the CHURCH - NOT the other way around . . .
Its just the fact. As I spelled it out

NO ONE CAN KNOW who is correct unless we have an INSPIRED GUIDE to for us to check.

The bible tells us it can make us perfect.

You tell me thats not true

should I listen to you. or the word of God?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
by 'oral tradition about Jesus' you mean the widely heard of ((see: the encounter on the road to Emmaus)) factual news about current world events related by an eye witness. the Associated Press doesn't teach doctrine. it informs you of the historical record.
for the doctrine Paul taught, the Bereans daily searched the scripture to find if these things were true.

this is all previously discussed material.
please don't be stupid, according to the Biblical definition of stupid. ((Proverbs 12:1))
that is conduct unbecoming of saints

o wait, are saints only those who are actually baptized?
hmm is that a question we probably need someone with strong thoughts on baptism to answer?
does scripture inform us on that?
or should we go by whatever some human-appointed pope/king says?

lmbo
You keep me in stitches post. I LOVE hearing from you. Yup, the Bereans searched the written word to find out if the ORAL accounts from Paul/Silas was true. They accepted Paul's ORAL accounts of Jesus and then they became Christians and complied with what Jesus and the Apostles taught: Hebrews 13:17, Luke 10:16!!!

The Bereans were in Greece. The Road to Emmaus is near Jerusalem; 1,000+ miles away.

About 24 years AFTER the
"widely heard of factual news about current world events related by eye witness" Paul brought the news to the Bereans!!

Sooooooooo whatever man taught you that the Bereans knew about Jesus BEFORE Paul ministered to them, that man should give you evidence that the Bereans knew about Jesus BEFORE Paul told them because it was 24 years AFTER the death of Jesus that Paul told them about Jesus!! Scripture does not back up what you have been taught kiddo. Your men have taught you wrong.

Scripture and facts ALWAYS makes you wrong. Are you tired of being wrong Post? I'm not tired of pointing it out....:rolleyes:

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
interesting. so you actually haven't even been baptized?
and you think it is an insult to say a person literally takes God at His literal word?
lol i know some people i want you to meet.

you are giving E.G. great honor while you think you debase him.

View attachment 20392
Hola post.....thanks for the opportunity to prove you wrong again:

Immersion is not the only meaning of baptizo. Sometimes it just means washing up. Luke 11:38 reports that, when Jesus ate at a Pharisee’s house, “[t]he Pharisee was astonished to see that he did not first wash [baptizo] before dinner.” According to Mark, the Pharisees “do not eat unless they wash [nipto] their hands, observing the tradition of the elders; and when they come from the market place, they do not eat unless they wash themselves [baptizo]” (Mark 7:3–4a, emphasis added). So baptizo can mean cleansing or ritual washing as well as immersion.

So there is Scripture destroying what you believe. Now, what does your own Christian history teach? Since you dont even know what your Christian anscestors taught/practiced I will teach you: Historical Christian writings from the 1st century, when the Apostles were still alive, allowed for pouring water on the person as a valid form of baptism.

907 baptízō – properly, "submerge" (Souter); hence, baptize, to immerse (literally, "dip under"). 907 (baptízō) implies submersion ("immersion"), in contrast to 472 /antéxomai ("sprinkle").

Logically, please tell me you would NOT deny baptism to a person who CAN NOT be submerged in water due to a medical condition? Or if a person desires to be baptized and there is not enough water around for you to submerge them?

So you see. Scripture and history and LOGIC destroy what you have been taught by your men.....Are you ever tired of being wrong? Im not tired of pointing it out.

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That is Effected by men Having access to Bibles, Having the ability to Read....LEARNING the Truth in Scripture...instead of DEPENDING on corrupt clerics filling their heads with made up nonsense.

I don’t study men who challenged what Catholics were preaching.
I do admire their fortitude against threatening odds; TO challenge Catholic preaching.
Lol.....Your entire statement makes no sense. I don't even know what to say.

When men gained access to the bible and didn't have to depend on corrupt clerics filling their heads with made up nonsense that is when THE TRUTH of what in Scripture was discovered????????????????????????????????

WHICH TRUTH??????????? WHAT PROTESTANT PASTOR TEACHES THE TRUTH????? ALL YOUR TRUTHS ARE DIFFERENT....can you not see the error in your theory?????????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

You don't study men who challenged what Catholics were preaching??????????? That means you only study men that are Catholic...RIGHT??

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol. Ok whatever

If they relied on the oral word. They never would have went to scripture to test it

Unlike some, they do not blindly follow men.
THEY DID RELY ON THE ORAL WORD....It LITERALLY SAYS THAT IN SCRIPTURE!!! Are you being serious???? Without the ORAL WORD of Paul and Silas they would never have gone to the WRITTEN word to find out if the ORAL traditions about Jesus were true. I can't believe you don't understand that.

It was 24 years after the death of Christ that Paul visited the Bereans. It was the first time the HEARD of Jesus.

Oh goodness EG....what have your men taught you????

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I do not care what MEN say.

I care what the word of God says.

You want to blindly follow men and ignore the word of God and jesus own words. Thats on you
I know don't care what men say....you only care what YOU say and YOU think. You blindly follow yourself and then chastise others for following men. Even though I am 100% positive you have read what other men think and then adopted it for yourself.....but you don't follow men, do you EG???? ;)

If you are relying on yourself to properly interpret Scripture....Please stop. It will lead to your own destruction.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
THEY DID RELY ON THE ORAL WORD....It LITERALLY SAYS THAT IN SCRIPTURE!!! Are you being serious???? Without the ORAL WORD of Paul and Silas they would never have gone to the WRITTEN word to find out if the ORAL traditions about Jesus were true. I can't believe you don't understand that.

It was 24 years after the death of Christ that Paul visited the Bereans. It was the first time the HEARD of Jesus.

Oh goodness EG....what have your men taught you????
there is a difference

SCRIPTURE WAS NOT COMPLETED YET!!!!

Stop with your men comment, Your the one who listens to men..

lets truly keep it real here

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know don't care what men say....you only care what YOU say and YOU think. You blindly follow yourself and then chastise others for following men. Even though I am 100% positive you have read what other men think and then adopted it for yourself.....but you don't follow men, do you EG???? ;)

If you are relying on yourself to properly interpret Scripture....Please stop. It will lead to your own destruction.
Nope

I care about what God will judge me on on judgment day. You should also..

I have yet to be in any Church, catholic, baptist, Lutheran, Non denominational. or any I visited in the military, where I agreed with everything they have said in that church.

not because I did not trust my pastor. or the one who is over me. But because I know we are all men and woman who have a sin nature. and no one is perfect. we all have biases.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....Your entire statement makes no sense. I don't even know what to say.

When men gained access to the bible and didn't have to depend on corrupt clerics filling their heads with made up nonsense that is when THE TRUTH of what in Scripture was discovered????????????????????????????????

WHICH TRUTH??????????? WHAT PROTESTANT PASTOR TEACHES THE TRUTH????? ALL YOUR TRUTHS ARE DIFFERENT....can you not see the error in your theory?????????? o_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_Oo_O

You don't study men who challenged what Catholics were preaching??????????? That means you only study men that are Catholic...RIGHT??

WOW, the difference between ONLY listening to a Preacher and HAVING ACCESS to READ first hand has you baffled. WEIRD.