Secure Eternal Salvation

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW, the difference between ONLY listening to a Preacher and HAVING ACCESS to READ first hand has you baffled. WEIRD.
I was listening to Catholic radio yesterday.. there was a woman on there actually saying that children should not read the Bible for themselves. That we have to have certain people who are qualified to read it to us. And making all kinds of excuses why they kept the actual written word out of the hands of the people back in the middle ages.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I was listening to Catholic radio yesterday.. there was a woman on there actually saying that children should not read the Bible for themselves. That we have to have certain people who are qualified to read it to us. And making all kinds of excuses why they kept the actual written word out of the hands of the people back in the middle ages.

It is strange....A few Catholics on the forums POUND at every opportunity, the unity, the unity, the unity of the Catholic Church.....and the splinter, the splinter, the splinter of the (what’s the going figure now...lol) 10,000 different Protestant Churches.....

Yet curiously, umpteen people say.....”I’m Catholic”......and have umpteen different things they believe, say and do. (Unity in opposition!!)
It boils down to ....the Catholic Church has one position, (that changes as often as the new “holy father” is appointed by a handful of men, most Catholics DO NOT KNOW)....
And individuals believe and do a broad and variation of things, according to their individual beliefs.... again Unity in opposition!!

And that caller, seems to be of a Catholic Church position....Listen, do as we say, period....often even on this forum, Scripture reading and use for verification gets a tongue lashing to solely trust. Weird.

Hoodwinked!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
WOW, the difference between ONLY listening to a Preacher and HAVING ACCESS to READ first hand has you baffled. WEIRD.
100 men "read first hand" and 100 men are "baffled" because they came up with 100 different interpretations......each one thinking they have the truth.....That's what your Reformation revolution has brought us....WEIRD you can't see that!

Do you even know WHY men didn't have their own bible in their hand for the firstst 1,500+ years of Christianity to "READ first hand"? Of course you don't. Because you don't even know your own Christian history kiddo.....

Overtime every man had a bible in their hand and then presto magico those men realized they weren't being told the truth AND THEY CAME UP WITH THEIR OWN TRUTHS from the same passage. Did scripture change or did men change?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
where I agreed with everything they have said in that church.

not because I did not trust my pastor. or the one who is over me. But because I know we are all men and woman who have a sin nature. and no one is perfect. we all have biases.
Lol.....YOU have never been in a church that YOU agree with......Of course not....because YOU are always right! You don't have a sin nature, YOU are perfect and YOU don't have any biases sooooooo only YOU can get it right. Not the men of the churches YOU disagree with....Your killing me here EG, your killing me....

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Stop with your men comment, Your the one who listens to men..

lets truly keep it real here
Lol...you already admitted in a different thread (catholic issues) that you do listen to men. Do you have a split personality or did someone hack your login credentials?

Eternally Grateful wrote in post #696 in the catholic issues thread: I call people who can be trusted to correctly interpret the word also...

Keeping it real....Mary

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
100 men "read first hand" and 100 men are "baffled" because they came up with 100 different interpretations......each one thinking they have the truth.....That's what your Reformation revolution has brought us....WEIRD you can't see that!

Do you even know WHY men didn't have their own bible in their hand for the firstst 1,500+ years of Christianity to "READ first hand"? Of course you don't. Because you don't even know your own Christian history kiddo.....

Overtime every man had a bible in their hand and then presto magico those men realized they weren't being told the truth AND THEY CAME UP WITH THEIR OWN TRUTHS from the same passage. Did scripture change or did men change?

* Where in all of Scripture does it tell you to ASK men to interpret scriptures FOR YOU?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol.....YOU have never been in a church that YOU agree with......Of course not....because YOU are always right! You don't have a sin nature, YOU are perfect and YOU don't have any biases sooooooo only YOU can get it right. Not the men of the churches YOU disagree with....Your killing me here EG, your killing me....

You maam, should be ashamed of yourself.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol...you already admitted in a different thread (catholic issues) that you do listen to men.
Now you are lying. I never said any such thing, and I corrected you for that lie in the very thread your speaking of

I have never seen anyone so desperate in my life they have to lie about others to defend their own belief system.

Your about to go on ignore.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This is my reaction towards a blatant falseh

Lies should offend a true believer - but apparently, they don't offernd YOU . . .
They do offend me, But I do not call you names or use language when you lie..

Ummmmm, then, WHICH one of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects is the "perfect" one?
WHICSH sect is the doctrinally-correct one, based on YOUR criteria?

Finally - show me the verse(s) in the Bible that teach Sola Scriptura is equally-binding the verses that show that the Church is our Final earthly Authority (Matt/ 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).
there is no perfect one. Not even your church is perfect. If you think it is. You have more issues than I can help you with.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I wonder how the mods let you continue in this place. This is yor representation of God?
This is my reaction towards a blatant falseh

Lies should offend a true believer - but apparently, they don't offernd YOU . . .
Its just the fact. As I spelled it out
NO ONE CAN KNOW who is correct unless we have an INSPIRED GUIDE to for us to check.
The bible tells us it can make us perfect.
You tell me thats not true
should I listen to you. or the word of God?
Ummmmm, then, WHICH one of the tens of thousands of disjointed and perpetually-splintering Protestant sects is the "perfect" one?
WHICH sect is the doctrinally-correct one, based on YOUR criteria?

Finally - show me the verse(s) in the Bible that teach Sola Scriptura is equally-binding the verses that show that the Church is our Final earthly Authority (Matt/ 16:18-19, Matt. 18:15-18, Luke 10:16, John 16:12-15, John 20:21-23).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They do offend me, But I do not call you names or use language when you lie..

Well, first of all - I haven't lied.

Secondly
- I haven't called you ANY names

Thirdly - I haven't used ANY offensive OR profane language.

That's THREE LIES on your part . . .
there is no perfect one. Not even your church is perfect. If you think it is. You have more issues than I can help you with.
I asked you TWO questions.
I also asked you: WHICSH sect is the doctrinally-correct one, based on YOUR criteria?

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, first of all - I haven't lied.

Secondly
- I haven't called you ANY names

Thirdly - I haven't used ANY offensive OR profane language.

That's THREE LIES on your part . . .

I asked you TWO questions.
I also asked you: WHICSH sect is the doctrinally-correct one, based on YOUR criteria?

I am going to put you back to unresponsive and stop responding again. You can't even admit your own sins. So how can I expect you to help me or anyone with spiritual matters?

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You keep me in stitches post. I LOVE hearing from you. Yup, the Bereans searched the written word to find out if the ORAL accounts from Paul/Silas was true. They accepted Paul's ORAL accounts of Jesus and then they became Christians and complied with what Jesus and the Apostles taught: Hebrews 13:17, Luke 10:16!!!

The Bereans were in Greece. The Road to Emmaus is near Jerusalem; 1,000+ miles away.

About 24 years AFTER the
"widely heard of factual news about current world events related by eye witness" Paul brought the news to the Bereans!!

Sooooooooo whatever man taught you that the Bereans knew about Jesus BEFORE Paul ministered to them, that man should give you evidence that the Bereans knew about Jesus BEFORE Paul told them because it was 24 years AFTER the death of Jesus that Paul told them about Jesus!! Scripture does not back up what you have been taught kiddo. Your men have taught you wrong.

Scripture and facts ALWAYS makes you wrong. Are you tired of being wrong Post? I'm not tired of pointing it out....:rolleyes:

the Bereans did not search scripture to find out if the 1st & 2nd hand accounts they heard about 'there's finally a prophet in Israel after so many years?' was true or not.

the Bereans searched scripture to find out if the doctrine Paul & Silas were teaching them was true.

leave the poor horse corpse alone; you just look dumber and more argumentative every time you pick up that crooked stick again.

Jun 13, 2021
_
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Immersion is not the only meaning of baptizo. Sometimes it just means washing up. Luke 11:38 reports that, when Jesus ate at a Pharisee’s house, “[t]he Pharisee was astonished to see that he did not first wash [baptizo] before dinner.”

oh you think they had indoor plumbing?
or they washed their hands by sprinkling from a holy bowl?
have you ever seen a mikveh? do you imagine it is a water-bottle for spritzing mist?

lol

baptizo = immersion.
that's not a teaching of men; it's factual etymology.
((not that salvation or forgiveness of sin is accomplished through H2O rituals))

your sprinkling with 8 drops of water made holy by the magical well-rehearsed oral blessing of a very-special-human? that's human tradition, doll.
the very definition of it.

Last edited:

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am going to put you back to unresponsive and stop responding again. You can't even admit your own sins. So how can I expect you to help me or anyone with spiritual matters?
Lying comes so easy to some of you guys that you don't even realize that you're doing it.

As I told you before -
I haven't lied.
I haven't called you ANY names
I haven't used ANY offensive OR profane language.

I challenge yoiu to show me SINGLE a post on this thread where I did ANY of this to you.
You can't because I haven't . . .

By the way - your bearing false witness is a violatioon of God's Commandment (Exod. 20:16).

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And don't think I didn't norice that you failed to answer the question I asked of you:
WHICH Protestant sect is the doctrinally-correct one, based on YOUR criteria?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You stall have not answered to me how you were baptized. were you immersed or were you sprinkled?
Please answer.
This question ius conpletely irrelevant and PROVES that Sola Scripturs is false.

First of all - the Bible is NOT a dictionary and does NOT define Baptism in every case.

Secondly - The Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles - AD 60), which was written while the Apostles were STILL ALIVE states the following about Baptism:
The Didache (Teachings of the Twelve Apostles)
Chapter 7. Concerning Baptism
And concerning baptism, baptize this way: Having first said all these things, baptize into the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Min living WATER. But if you have not living WATER, baptize into other WATER; and if you can not in cold, in warm. But if you have not either, pour out water thrice upon the head into the name of Father and Son and Holy Spirit.

This document PROVES that the Apostles were teaching that POURING WATER on the head was equally efficacious for Baptism.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
* Where in all of Scripture does it tell you to ASK men to interpret scriptures FOR YOU?
2 Pet. 1:20
... knowing this first of all, that no prophecy of Scripture comes from someone’s own interpretation.

Jesus gave His innrt circle - the leaders of His Church supreme earthly Authority (Matt. 16:18-19, Matt. 19:15-18, Luke 10:16. John 20:21-23).
He said that WHATEVER they bound or loosed on earth would be bound and loosed in Heaven and that they would be guided by the Holy Spirit to ALL Truth (John 16:12-15).

That's why Paul had the Authority to write thids:
2 Thess 2:15
"Stand firm and hold fast to the Traditions you were taught, whether by an ORAL STATEMENT or by a LETTER from us."

Niw, why don't YOU tell me where the Bible teaches that you are supposed to break off from His Church when you disagree woth it and splinter into tens of thousands of disjointed sects that ALL teach different doctrines based on the PERSONAL interpretations of their human leaders . . .